Special Delivery

Madeline Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Sexual Orientation
James
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Madeline walked down the Slytherin House Table that dinnertime and looked for the younger looking members of the house wondering if Jessica was among them. "Jessica? Jessica Matthews?" she called out hoping someone would know where to find her.

Jessica had been living in a state of nervous excitement all day, which, she had to admit to herself, part of that was definitely due to the rose deliveries. All day she had been hoping for delivery people to approach her, wanting to see how many roses she might receive, despite only having sent one herself this year. It would just be... nice to know that people cared about her. Therefore when she heard her name being called, Jessica looked up immediately - and broke into a smile upon seeing an older girl carrying a rose. "Hello! I'm Jessica," she said, waving the girl over. "Did you have something for me?" Surely she did, or she wouldn't be here, right? Jessica would be extremely unhappy if it turned out she wasn't actually about to receive a rose from this interaction.

Maddie beamed when the Slytherin girl called out in reply. Ah Jessica! Great! Yes! You have a rose! she said, handing the yellow rose over to the girl. There is also a note with it she explained as she gave her the piece of parchment too.
Dear Jessica,

I wanted to send a message to thank you for your kindness and friendship, and our interesting discussions. It has been so nice to get to know you, and it is a joy to meet someone with such a kind heart. I am glad to call you a friend, and wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
October Alcott

Jessica couldn't help the wide smile that formed on her face, and she looked eagerly to see what colour the rose would be. Deflating slightly as the older girl handed her a yellow one, she nevertheless smiled as she took the offered bloom. "Thank you so much for delivering this, have a wonderful Valentine's Day!" Once she was sure the delivery person was no longer paying attention to her, Jessica attacked the attached note with exacting precision. As long as this yellow rose wasn't from Tristan, this would still be a good thing - she breathed a small sigh of relief as her eyes headed straight for the name. October. Pleased that the older girl had thought of her, Jessica read the note again properly, smiling at the lovely message October had written her. The slight swell of emotion had Jessica pressing a hand beneath her collarbone absent-mindedly, and she thought it was a shame that she hadn't sent October a rose in return. She'd have to manage that little detail later somehow, but for now she was content to just bask in the fact that she'd been thought wonderful enough for someone to send a rose to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back