Roxas Mckenna

triplet; picked on; defender of the weak
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Roxas had managed to get towards the end of the second years area at the Hufflepuff table for the sorting ceremony. This meant he was sitting close enough to Corey that they could as some of the other third years to switch around so they could sit together and chat quietly during the sorting. They were both facing the group of first years, so it was fun to put faces to names and just see where they would be placed. When two Abernathy's were called, Roxas snorted lightly. They sounded like they came from a hoity toity family with a name like Abernathy. They were separated into different houses and Roxas shrugged. It happened sometimes. He didn't know if they were related at all, though he figured it was probably pretty fair to say they were. He started tuning out again when a couple of Bennett's were called, though they were both put in Gryffindor together, which must be nice for them. He sat up a little in his seat when he heard the name Violette Holland. "Do you think she's related to the Minister and the Flying instructor?" He asked, nudging Corey to subtly point at her with his head. She went to Ravenclaw and Roxas watched her walk over to her seat, curious if she was any relation, though not really having any specific reason to be curious about it except for the fact that most of the names he recognised were somehow related to him or his friends. He started tuning out again and was only vaguely aware of six Parris' two of whom were added to Hufflepuff. If he'd been paying attention he might have wondered how there were so many who looked nothing alike. But it was none of his business really. He looked up again when he realised they were at W and watched as Jade, Jett's sister, was also sorted into Slytherin with her brother. He didn't know what she was like, but he was sure this was going to be interesting. Inanna Zhefarovich was one of the last sorted, Roxas wasn't sure what the connection was, but he had to assume she was a relative of Kalif's somewhere along the line. It was a big family. "Wow, so many this year," He commented to Corey, laughing slightly as the last student stepped off the stool and headed to their seat. "I wonder if this year is going to be interrupted by any antics of ghosts?"

Corey was excited for the new school year. He had promised himself that this year, he was going to try out for the Quidditch team, he hadn't been allowed to in his first year, and last year he and Tizi had managed to get the dates mixed up and so had completely missed try outs. This year though was definitely going to be his year. First though, was the sorting ceremony for the first years. He wasn't really all that excited about it, he didn't have any relatives coming this year and Yuki wouldn't be coming until next school year. Didn't mean that it wasn't interesting to watch the new first years though, especially since Roxas seemed to be just as curious about the new students as he was. There were a lot of them this year after all. There were a bunch of people with the same last names but that was hardly surprising. There were a couple of families that went to Hogwarts New Zealand. He studied the girl that Roxas had just pointed out. "Is the professor even related to the Minister?" he asked incredulously. He wasn't really one to keep up with things outside school, or Quidditch really, especially since he lived in Japan when not in school. "Or she could be related to one of our prefects, isn't Alice-senpai's last name Holland?" he vaguely remembered it being something like that. He idly watched as the sorting continued on though was slightly shocked when he heard Raven being called. "I didn't know that one of Tizi's cousins was coming this year," he commented and chuckled when the boy got sorted into Ravenclaw and he heard a very loud female cheer from the Ravenclaw table followed by that same voice yelling a name. "Guess he'll be dealing with Feli," he chuckled. Sorting took quite a while more than last year but that was probably because of the amount of students this year. "I know," he said, he was quite looking forward to meeting all those new faces in their house. "Wouldn't be the first time I think, they probably get a kick out of surprising the muggleborns."

"Oh, yeah right, I don't know... I think so? I mean all the people with my name I know are related to me... I've never met anyone who wasn't... and all the Edogawa's are yours aren't they?" And he knew all the Zhefarovich's were related and the Styx's and he was pretty sure like ninety percent of the Snow's were related too, but really he didn't know all that much. "Maybe all of them are related? I mean... it's not a common name around here is it? Maybe she's Alice's sister? Maybe Grace is her sister too, maybe Minister Holland is their sister, maybe they're all sisters, who even knows anymore?" He asked, laughing, because honestly he knew Corey wasn't going to know the answer. He was sometimes surprised that Corey even realised who their prefects were given he certainly wasn't the most observant boy Roxas had ever met. "He's related to Tiziano?" Because Tiziano didn't like when anyone shortened his name. When he'd learned that Corey was his roommates cousin, he'd begged the older boy to get Tiziano to return his stuff, he was positive his roommate still had one of his jackets though he denied it. "Who's Feli?" He was sure he'd heard the name before, but he didn't know it off the top of his head. He had to assume it was another relative, because he knew Corey had a pretty big family. Roxas had a decently big extended family as well, but none of them were at school anymore, cept Sawyer. "Maybe everyone in this school is related, I've started to really wonder about it." He added, when he'd heard all those Parris' and a bunch of Zephyr's. He vaguely thought one of the Gryffindor Prefects had the same last name... or maybe it was Zeplin... he was sure it started with a Z. he liked to make a habit to know the school prefects so he could avoid them or be near them as needed. "I wonder if any of them will transfer out by the end of the year?" He knew that sometimes happened. He'd considered it for a while, but he enjoyed Hogwarts and he was close to his family here, and all his siblings had gone here as well, so why would he want to leave?​

Corey blinked as he tried to think if he had met anyone with the surname Edogawa that wasn't related to him. He didn't know many of his relatives on the Edogawa side, his dad only liked to talk about his twin and his uncle, and with his mum's side, there wasn't much either. So, really all the relatives he knew were already here on in Nightray manor. A very short list. "Well, yeah, so far in the school anyways," he said with a nod. He'd be surprised if someone suddenly came in with the surname Edogawa that he didn't know. "That's a lot of sisters," he chuckled although he really shouldn't be one to talk. He had five after all. And three brothers. Corey nodded at the question. "Yeah, Tizi's dad is a Raven. Tizi and Jai are my cousins from their mum's side," he explained. Jai and Tiziano's family was confusing to someone who didn't ask. After all Tizi, Jai, Feli and Misa were all siblings but their last names were all kind of different. He wondered if anyone in school even knew that the four of them were siblings. People probably thought that it was he and Tizi that were brothers. "Felicita Raven, she's a Ravenclaw and Tizi's half-sister. She has a twin too in Gryffindor, Artemisa," he explained as he gestured to Ravenclaw and Gryffindor table. With a new relative sorted into Ravenclaw, it was only a matter of time before Misa bounded for the Ravenclaw table after all. "I don't know if that's scary or cool," he commented at the thought of everyone in school being related. He wasn't sure if he would like to be related to Professor Styx. The guy was downright frightening. And well, while he liked people, he wasn't sure he'd be able to remember all the relatives if it filled out a whole school. "Probably, I hear a lot of students drop out or transfer after a few years," he answered before looking at Roxas rather alarmed. "You're not going to transfer, are you?"

Last edited:
Big families were kind of a normal thing for people in his circle. He had a big family, Kalif has a massively big family, most of the other pureblood he knew of also had massive families and he was pretty sure most of them were related, that was usually how it was. He nodded as Corey spoke and he looked at the rest of the people to be sorted. All the new first years in Hufflepuff, heck, the common-room was going to be so crowded. "Well, you also have a lot of siblings don't you?" He asked with a laugh. Last he'd seen Corey last year, he'd been telling him that his parents had triplets and that his mum was pregnant again. "Did your mum have the baby yet?" He was curious, because he'd never met a real baby before. He was the youngest of his siblings after all, so, he didn't know anyone that had any babies and none of his siblings had any babies or anything either, except for Svetlana, but he basically never saw her. "For real? That's crazy. My Dad's wife Celeste's Niece was married to a Raven, I wonder if its the same one?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. The magical community was really small sometimes. He always forgot about that. "Why are families so difficult, like, honestly, you've got so many cousins and I have a bunch of half siblings and cousins and I don't even know all of them at all," it was crazy to think that so many of his and Corey's family members might have gone to school together potentially, or his Aunt might have taught his parents since he knew his Aunt was a Professor here for a while. "I... feel like I know those names, they're identical aren't they?" he was pretty sure he'd seen them around. He was identical himself after all, so he knew abit about that himself, though he would never want to spend so much time with his brothers if he could avoid it. He was grateful he wasn't in the same house as them honestly. He might not have met Corey if he was. "I don't think so, I thought about it for a little last year, but..." It was hard to say.​

Corey was quite surprised at the first year turnout this year. It was only his third year so he didn't have much to compare, but he was pretty sure that this was definitely a lot more than the previous two years. People sure did have big families, although he couldn't really complain seeing as his family was practically the same. "I have eight," he said with a shrug. It was honestly a surprise when the triplets came, he had heard from the twins, Kakeru and Jericah, that their mum had blown up on their dad a few times about that. So, of course, he was naturally shocked when he found out that his mum had been pregnant again. "Yeah she did, they named her Sayuri. Sayuri Lily," he said with a grin. Sayuri was such a little thing and Corey couldn't help but take a photo of her back to school. He had photos of all his siblings in his trunk after all. "I have pictures up in the dorms if you want to see," he offered before remembering that it wasn't just photos that he brought along. "Oh, and souvenirs for you too!"
Corey couldn't help but laugh at the slight disbelief he could hear in Roxas' voice. Well, he supposed that it was kind of surprising that Tiziano was a Raven, after all he didn't take on Uncle Jeremiah's surname while Jai had. "I don't know many older Ravens. Just Uncle Jeremiah. Was your dad's wife a Nightray?" he asked curiously. Jai had told him a couple of times that his dad wasn't exactly someone that Uncle Liam approved of. Corey could have seen that coming a mile away but it could be because Uncle Liam was related to Misa and Feli's mum and wasn't there another half-sibling that Jai didn't like very much? "Technically, I only have two cousins here. Just Jai and Tizi," he said with a shrug. It was all very confusing growing up of course, especially since Corey had known Misa and Feli since he was young, but now family relations were starting to make sense at least a tiny bit. "Yeah they are," he nodded. "I probably told you about them, they tried to help me get through my first year," Corey explained. Being that Roxas had helped him get through his second in one piece, he had told the younger boy about how exactly it was that he managed to pass his first year. Misa, Feli and Jai were definitely in the storytelling at some point. But then again, it was probably easier to remember the twins causing trouble. "Or well, you probably heard them causing a ruckus somewhere with Tizi in one of their sibling outings," he said, trying to think if there had been anything interesting that the twins had been up to lately. He would have been thinking about it more if he weren't so alarmed about Roxas' answer though. "I don't want you to transfer," he said rather hesitantly, almost pouting. Almost. He had found a good friend in Roxas and he wasn't really all that willing for him to leave yet.

The name Zhefarovich apparently got tossed around a lot, because Roxas was almost certain he heard the name twice just now. He looked over, but couldn't see what houses they'd gone to. Well, he supposed he would find out who they were from Rai later, since he would probably ask Kalif, or be told by Kalif. Who knew. "Wow, eight siblings, like... full blooded?" Roxas only had four other full-blooded siblings. His other siblings were either adopted or half, mostly half. "How did your mum do it?" He asked, shaking his head. He knew his mother had hated every second she'd been pregnant with them. It was why they were all born early. She'd wanted them out as soon as possible. They were all in vitro anyway, so it wasn't like it much mattered. "Sayuri is such a pretty name though, Sayuri Lily, I like it actually," he added, nodding. At least his parents game their kids normal names unlike his own mother. She'd named them weird things. At least Wynter and Oliver had normal names. "I would love to see, yes please!" He said, before he laughed. "Wow, what did you get me?" He hadn't thought to get Corey anything, so clearly he was a bad friend. He was absolutely going to have to get him something in the break though, because that was honestly just completely unacceptable to him really. "Is it something cool?" He hoped so. He and Corey had managed to grow really close, really quickly last year and considering it had stemmed from Corey asking him for class help, which still seemed a bit odd to the twelve year old, he knew enough about Corey to know he definitely hadn't brought him books. She he wondered what it might be. "Yeah, I call her Aunt Celeste. Or just Celeste. She's... well," he didn't really think about Celeste too often since she always seemed really strange to him. Adelaide, Micah and Pippa were equally odd. Well, Pippa was like one, Micah was only a toddler and Adelaide would be attending the school next year he was pretty sure. He wasn't sure how he felt about that, all the kids were odd. He never really saw his biological father anymore though. Whenever he went over there over the break, Celeste had always just said he was indisposed, whatever that meant. "So the twins aren't your cousins then?" This, he felt, made the family tree even more unnecessarily complicated than it had to be. "Maybe everyone in the school really is related." He said aloud, frowning. That would probably make things even more complicated too. Maybe Professor Styx was secretly related to Professor Alicastell and maybe Professor Summer was actually Professor Carter's long lost brother. He had a feeling that Professor Ward might secretly be the father of Professor Holland and perhaps the rumours were true about Professor Kingsley and Professor Pendleton. Others had seemed to think so after all. Roxas shrugged and patted Corey on the back lightly. "Well, unless something really bad happens, I don't have any immediate plans to leave to anything if that helps at all?" He asked, laughing. Corey almost looked like he was going to pout. "You gonna miss me?"

Corey couldn't help but grin at the Roxas' bewilderment. He couldn't exactly blame him either though. Eight was a big number, especially if one was counting full-blooded siblings. Or maybe siblings in general? "Yep," he said, the p making a popping sound as he said it. His grin turned into full blown laughter though when asked how his mum had managed that. Honestly, Corey didn't know either. Most of what he knew that was happening at home came from Yuki and Keru and Shio. "Kaa-chan wanted a baby since Tizi's mum had one. She ended up having triplets. There's also a set of twins," he said, recounting his siblings in his head. Multiples ran in the family of course so it was no wonder that they ended up a large family, especially when his mum didn't mind being pregnant. "Sure, I'll bring them over to your dorms later," he said with a nod. He'd probably have to look for all the stuff he bought for Roxas in his trunk. It was there somewhere but it was probably also everywhere in his trunk. "Snacks. Lots of 'em. And an omamori," he said with a grin. It had been his mum's idea so it was definitely one he went for. The snacks were his idea. "Omamoris are pretty cool I think. They're like good luck charms and they can have protection spells in them!" he explained to his friend. So yep, he did think that it was a pretty cool souvenir.
Corey didn't really recognize the name that Roxas had given. He didn't know many Nightrays, just Uncle Liam and Auntie Arianna but that was because they were pretty close to his aunt. "Ah... The twins are half-Nightrays. And well, pretty sure their Raven dad had a kid with another Nightray? Or is with another Nightray right now?" he explained but ended up muttering towards the last part. He didn't remember much about what Jai tells him about his dad. Just knew that there were times that Jai tended to be annoyed at his dad and would rant to Corey about it but the details of the family were always too confusing to remember. "I think there was a Nightray-Raven sorted earlier which is probably Jai, Tizi and the twins' half-brother," he said trying to think back on one of the first years being called earlier that was sorted into Slytherin. He wasn't surprised about it all that much, Jai had told him that he had another sibling coming in. Corey shook his head though when asked about being related to the twins. "Nope, I'm related to the twins' parents well, except that their dad is Jai and Tizi's dad. Jai and Tizi's mum is my dad's twin." Honestly he was starting to wonder what people thought of their relations. He and Tizi shared the last name, Misa, Feli and their cousin were Ravens, Jai was Edogawa-Raven and their first year half-sibling was Nightray-Raven."It's confusing," he finally concluded. "Sort of scary but possible," Corey was really determined to not be thinking of being related to Professor Styx. He really was. The older Hufflepuff sighed in relief when Roxas assured him that he was not transferring out. "Of course," he answered almost immediately, sort of confused as to why Roxas would even think about not being missed. Of course he'd be missed! He's a good friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back