Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
I've seen commercials. I've heard rumors. Can anyone tell me about this band and suggest a song or two?

HA Ha ha! My only talent: being a former BTS biddie.

Well, BTS debuted in 2013, but they really blew up around 2016 and it's been increasing since. I (obviously) recommend their first album and music video because that's literally their starting point :lol:

A few of my favorite albums are The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, all the Love Yourself editions (Her, Tear, Answer), You Never Walk Alone (specifically "Not Today") and Map of the Soul. I stopped around this last one because they kinda lost their appeal to me. I did just buy one of their phone cases from their collab with Casetify tho. I can't suggest only a song or two because each era has at least two. Their collars with Juice Wrld, Nicki Minaj, Halsey, and Steve Aioki are the most popular.

The most important aspect of BTS is their choreography and the control they have over the type of music they make. So watching a music video from each album will give you a good idea of their progress since debuting. Most members have their own "mixtapes" or solo songs that represent their individual music interests. Mono and Augst D are RM and Suga's mixtapes, and I think they are the most popular. Mono is my personal fave, but I had my Augst D season too.

What really makes BTS so unique is they are the first kpop group to successfully make it into the US music market. The attempts by Girls Generation, f(x), BIG BANG, Brown Eyed Girls, Rain and so many other kpop artists that came before BTS never gained enough traction to shine a light on kpop. BTS has literally destroyed this barrier, and I am not even saying this because I was a fan. BTS has broken many barriers for international artists and has shined a light on musics around the world.

Your BTS encyclopedia is going to sleep now but will answer any questions in the queue later.

HELLO IT IS I, A FELLOW BTS STAN!!! :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:
Omg I don't even know where to get started I can get carried away very quickly!

Recommending their music is kinda hard because they do soo many different types of genres. Based on my observations, songs that are more rap/edm based like "Mic Drop", "Dope" or "Fire" tend to be the songs that convert most people into fans, but they have such pretty songs like "Spring Day", "Blood, Sweat, and Tears", or "Just One Day" which are *chefs kiss* holy grail BTS songs. They also have some more rock-based songs like "Dionysus" or "Boy in Luv" (not to be confused with their pop song "Boy With Luv" with Halsey!) Though these are mostly their title tracks, sometimes their b-sides are so much better and deserve more recognition. My personal favorite songs that I recommend to people are "House of Cards" (a ballad that sounds like making love but is really about a friendship falling apart :blank:), "Black Swan" (I recommend the orchestra version!!) and "Silver Spoon" (a song about how older generations put so much pressure on younger generations but set them up to fail and then judge their shortcomings, but their choreography said "keep it sexy" xD)
Yeah I can go on and on recommending songs cuz they have such a HUGE diverse discography (16 albums not including mixtapes) so you're bound to find something you like!! My fave albums are the exact same ones Lovi listed above!! Except I also love The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Part 1, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Part 2, and for a more hiphop focused album I also really love O!RUL8,2? They started off as a rap/hiphop/rnb heavy group but have gradually experimented with more genres.

As Lovi mentioned above some members have their own solo mixtapes and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend mono by RM and D-2 by Agust D (aka Suga). The growth they show from their first mixtapes (RM by RM and Agust D by Agust D :lol: ) is sooo amazing, you can definitely see how much their music styles have evolved. Hope World is also a fun lighthearted mixtape by J-Hope! So far only the rap members have released mixtapes although currently it's highly suspected that one of the vocal line members (Taehyung or Jungkook) will be releasing their own mixtape veryyy soon and their music styles are sooo different from the rest of the members so it's exciting to see what they'll produce. ^_^ There's literally no shortage of talent or type of music you can get from any member of BTS! Their albums are a mix of solo songs by each member, rap-line only songs, vocal-line only songs, different collabs between members, etc. They experiment a lot with their music since they pretty much have creative control and freedom (a rarity in kpop which is usually "overproduced.")

If you do look into their music, I highly suggest looking into their lyrics as well because that's the best part of their artistry. They write about lots of topics like political issues, classism, struggling with mental health, self-love and platonic love (my favorite type of love!), and one of their most recent albums (Map of the Soul: 7) explored the themes of the persona, shadow, and ego, so there's lots of philosophy in their songs AND music videos. ^_^ OH also their latest album (BE) is all about how they coped with the current pandemic and they somehow managed to turn the topic of being bored in the house into absolute bangers like "Telepathy" and "Dis-ease."

Their music videos even have their own "universe" called the Bangtan Universe which is a storyline across multiple music videos with character arcs involving time travel as one of the members keeps going back in time to save the others from death or other bad decisions they make (jail, murder :r ) The BU has spawned a webtoon comic called Save Me, a series of books, and even an upcoming kdrama based on the storyline. ^_^ "Run" is my favorite music video of theirs that showcases the universe storyline and also a song from my favorite album of theirs. ^_^

Although my all time favorite thing about BTS is their personalities. :wub: I came for the music but stayed for the boys. <3 They are the most wholesome people! Watch some videos like their Carpool Karaoke with James Corden or Hide and Seek with Ashton Kutcher to get a glimpse of their personalities. ^_^ They have their own variety show called Run BTS where they just do dumb silly challenges or travel shows like "Bon Voyage" and have a youtube channel where they post behind the scenes clips and vlogs. So yeah, there's toooons of BTS content out there to consume, to say the least. :p
Fun fact: when I first got introduced to them, I didn't like them xD I tried out their music (the same songs I'm now recommending) and said nah it's not for me xD But then a year later I watched a "guide to bts" video since all my friends were obsessed with them and I just wanted to tell them apart, and several videos later I was obsessed. =)) There's a saying in the fandom that you discover BTS when you need them most, so the first time I got exposed to them it just wasn't my time. :lol:
Okay I'll stop now :r this was my attempt at being brief :r

Last edited:
Not Today
Fire
Blood Sweat and Tears

Those were the first three songs I was introduced to in that order.
I grew up in the era of the boy band so have a soft spot for choreographed dances but their dancing is next level to anything you see in U.S. groups or music imo. I love the artistry and intricacy of their dancing, especially in the last song I mentioned. I also really just like their style, preferably their pre-making it big in the U.S. music. Now that they're a bit more mainstream their music that hits the airwaves in the U.S. has changed a bit to make it more palatable for music listeners here, which is what it is. The songs are still good but the music is much more pop-py. They don't allow the rappers to shine as much, and Suga especially is a great rapper who deserves all the air time. My sisters are way bigger fans so introduced me to a lot of what Lovi and Abby mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back