Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Sturdy Pear Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Camelia Kyle brought her suitcase down from the Gryffindor dorms, while waiting on her siblings and cousin to come down. She was a little early because she sent in a note to see Octavian Vetrov before she would see her family. She felt that she needed to tell him something. Her uncle was pretty much adamant on breaking up the arranged marriage now that her parents are gone, and no longer in charge. Uncle Vaea apparently hated the whole idea. It was medieval and everything. And her parents apparently had two boys before Cristian. She did not know the full story behind it, but Camelia was a little lost and avoided Octavian like the plague. But, she needed to face him and let him know. It was only right. She was still grieving for her parents after all, and Braxton had been there for her. She waited in her casual dress. She was ready to go relax on the beach, since she felt like she needed it. And she didn't have her boyfriend coming with her this time. Her uncle was hosting a family get together on their land, so it was limited invitation only. Camelia brushed her hair behind her ear as she stood, waiting.

The yule ball had been such an amazing night that Octavian hadn't wanted it to end. The following day was the start of the holidays so Octavian spent the morning finishing packing a few bits for the trip home. It was a shame, he'd preferred to have stayed behind and spent the holidays with Marisol but he'd agreed to spend the holidays at home long before Marisol returned to his life. Octavian had been surprised to receive a note from his fiance, the pair had barely spoken since she started seeing a Ravenclaw boy in her own year. He had thought they might see each other before his graduation, perhaps she had some news. Once Octavian had finished packing he made his way down to thw entrance hall where Camelia had asked to meet. When he finally saw her he took a sharp intake of breath, she looked good. "You summoned princess," He grinned at her as he made his way across the entrance hall to meet her.

Camelia places her hands in front of her waist, looking down as the one she summoned came down to meet her. A tint of red flushed her cheeks as he called her princess. Still, she had some small feelings for him. Or big. It was hard to tell. She finally turned her brown eyes toward Octavian. ”Hey, um... first let me say that I’m sorry for avoiding you. It isn’t what you may think.” Camelia would not feel right unless she explained it and apologized for her actions. She sighed and forced a small smile. It was fake as hell but the news was great. It burdened her completely. ”My parents died six months ago. My uncle Vaea took us in. Um, he hates arranged marriages and because my parents are no longer around, he kind of called it off.” It almost appeared that she was sad about the whole thing. Was it her parents that she was ad about, or the arrangement being called off? Not going through with it felt like she was disappointing her folks. So it did hurt. And she had different feelings about Octavian than she did Braxton. Braxton, she was comfortable and trusted completely. Octavian was another story.

Octavian wasn't prepared for the news that came out of Camelia's mouth. The timing was strange, just as things with Marisol had escalated suddenly he was...free? It was a strange concept and he didn't feel as liberated as he thought he would be at such news, he felt almost sad. "I'm sorry about your parents," He finally said pulling the younger girl into a hug. Whatever else the news meant for them, her parents had died and that was bigger news in his eyes. "How are you doing with it all?"

Camelia tensed up a bit when Octavian pulled her into a hug. Within moments, she relaxed and wrapped her arms around him. He was still so much taller than she was, even with wedges on. Tears formed within her eyes as she buried her head in his chest. ”Trying to be strong for my little sister and brothers is so hard. They have had it the worst but I can’t let them see me break. I miss them so much!” It seemed like what she kept inside for a while just broke out. She didn’t really act like this around her boyfriend. She had this facade of being strong and a leader like her big brother. He handled things so weirdly to her. She gripped tightly on his robes as she peered up at the older Gryffindor. At least they didn’t have to feel guilty about seeing other people. Yet, she still did. Deep inside. ”You are a good guy. Any girl would be lucky to have you.”

Octavian wasn't sure what reaction he was expecting but he wasn't expecting Camelia to open up like she did. There had always been a little tension between them that dated back to his first time dating Marisol, since then it felt like Camelia had always wanted to keep some distance between them. Having to be the strong one must have been exhausting but he was just glad Camelia felt like she could show her true feelings in front of him. "I know, I know," He whispered quietly to her as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I'm always here for you Cam, whenever you get tired of keeping in come find me," Octavian smiled and kissed the top of her head. It was killing him to see her so broken, so vulnerable and even though she was breaking down in his arms it wasn't his place to comfort her, not really but Octavian knew that a small part of him would always consider her his to protect. "Thanks, Braxton's a lucky guy you know, I hope he realises just how much,"

Opening up was very hard for Camelia, since she didn't want to show her weakness to anyone. She wanted to be strong, despite quitting the Quidditch team. She smiled as she used one of her hands to wipe some of the tears from her cheeks and eyes. He even kissed the top of her head, which she found to be very comforting to her. She pulled back a little bit and looked up at the seventh year Gryffindor. She smiled endearingly at the boy. It was odd, because she felt like this was really her first time really seeing Octavian. A tint of red touched her cheeks, and her words ceased to come out of her mouth. It was hard to talk right now, because she didn't know what to say. She was lucky to have someone like Braxton, right? Then, why wasn't she pulling away from Octavian's arms? She felt so guarded, protected, and like she was at peace. Everything was out that she had kept inside for so long, and she was relieved that she could let it out with someone. Someone that she trusted. While she wanted to thank him for letting her vent, and for holding her, nothing came out. Her eyes seemed to tell it all, however.

Camelia didn't say anything which Octavian was grateful for, he still needed time to process not only the news but how he felt about it, because it wasn't what he expected. It felt strange to look down at the girl he had known for years and for the first time know he wasn't going to marry her. It stung, and that was unexpected. Octavian didn't keep track of how long Camelia kept her face buried in his chest but when he felt het pull back slightly he watched her half expecting her to pull away entirely, but she didn't. She seemed almost grateful that he listened to her while she got everything out and told him about her parents. Didn't she talk to her boyfriend about those things? Shouldn't he be the one she ranted to? For a moment he was glad she still felt comfortable being open with him, even aftwr everything they went through. Octavian looked down at Camelia who was still in his arms and smiled at her. He leaned down slightly and pressed his lips to hers. In the moment, it just felt right.

The kiss was different than what Camelia experienced before. Camelia closed her eyes and returned the favor. Her hands wrapped around and nuzzled into his hair and on his neck. Chills went down her spine at the whole experience. It was thrilling, and it just felt right. She didn't even try to pull away. Her instincts took over and she instead deepened the kiss. The Ravenclaw boy she came to care about so much was completely out of her mind at that moment. Was it because she was vulnerable and weak, so giving in to something like this? Or was it something that she wanted for a long time, and this was the perfect moment? Camelia did not know or care. All she wanted was Octavian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back