OOC First Name
Dan
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Unyielding Vine Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
The last few weeks of the school year seemed to drag. Everything seemed less fun when he wasn't speaking to Evelyn. Of course he was being petty about what had happened, he had put his feelings out there, she hadn't felt the same. Lucas should have moved on, but it had so far proven more difficult than he thought. The girl had expressed a desire to be friends and he hoped when he returned to the school he would be able to take her up on it. Evelyn was one of his best friends and he didn't like the idea of starting a new school year without her.

The holidays were still in the early stages but Lucas already found himself at Obsidian harbour. Braxton wanted a broom, he would be trying out for the quidditch team when they went back. Lucas had yet to try out again after being turned down in his first year. Lucas opted not to go into Quality Quidditch Supplies. He had no reason to go in so instead he walked along the other shop fronts looking in the window, he suddenly saw a flurry of blonde hair in the corner of his eye and quickly turned expecting to see Evelyn, not realising how unlikely that was, but instead he was someone else. A girl he knew, but didn't really know. "Merrill right?" Lucas asked.

It was the beginning of holidays, and Merrill couldn't believe her luck. Her parents had finished their job early, and dropped her off in Obsidian Harbour the day before. Because Dallas wasn't expecting her help just yet Merrill was taking the next week to just enjoy her break. This morning she had slept in, and then had breakfast in the bar. A real breakfast with pancakes. Not like the oatmeal or boring eggs her parents always ate. Protean keeps you strong, and full. They were always telling her. While that was true it grew very tiring after a while. Now she was wondering around the harbour checking out stores as she pleased.

She was currently in Quality Quidditch Supplies admiring the newest racing broom. She had a silver arrow that her parents had given her for Christmas, but there was always a new model coming out. Each claiming to be the fastest, or to have the best handling. Merrill considered buying a broom cleaning kit, but decided to come back for it another time. She was sure there would be a sale before the school year began. As she left the shop Merrill recognized a boy from her year. They had never talked much, but he was good friends with her roommate, Evelyn. Merrill had never payed much mind to him before, but now that she was actually getting a good look at him she couldn't help but feel self conscious. Had he always been that cute? "Um, yes! You're Lucas aren't you?" Merrill replied. "Are you here doing some shopping?" The young witch asked.

Lucas had yet to decide which, if any, shop he went in next. He knew at one point he would have to visit the bookshop to get his new textbooks but that was boring and he hoped he could do it last, or if he was lucky he could get Braxton to pick up his books while he was in there. His brother actually enjoyed being in the ship, that or he had a crush on the assistant. His brother and his love of books and blondes soon vanished from his mind when he began talking to Merrill. She was cute, though Lucas had spent his first two years so focused on Evelyn that he had barely noticed anyone else, but that was over now, it was time to move on.

"Yes I'm Lucas," He said realising just how much his social life may have suffered as a result of his infatuation with Evelyn. "Yeah, I'm just getting a few things before the new year, I saw you came out of the Quidditch shop, were you thinking of getting a broom?" He asked wondering how much interest in the sport she had.

Merrill shook her head when Lucas asked if she was looking to buy a broom. "Nah I got one for Christmas from my parents. Silver Arrow. I just wanted to admire the Streak series." She told him. If she had one of those brooms she would make the Gryffindor team for sure. She had the money, but it needed to last her all vacation, and unfortunately she needed food more than she needed a newer broom. "I'm hoping to make the team this year. What about you? Do you play?" Merrill asked. She didn't remember seeing him play in any games, and she was sure she would have remembered seeing him on the pitch. Running her fingers through her hair nervously Merrill decided to take a chance. "I'm not doing anything today. Do you wanna hang out?" It would be a little lonely walking around by herself for the rest of the day.

Lucas listened as the girl talked about just wanting to admire a broom, he nodded along as she told him. It was definitely something he appreciated. Though he already had a broom he still enjoyed admiring the newer models in the shop window. "I tried out first year but I didn't make the team, I haven't decided if I'll try again yet," He said essentially verbalising his earlier thought process. Lucas was still a big fan of Quidditch but being rejected from the team had shaken his confidence, perhaps he wasn't as good as he thought. When Merill asked him if he wanted to hand out his thoughts turned away from Quidditch and to the girl in front of him. "I'd love to, is there anything you need to do or are you free to do whatever?"

Merrill nodded when Lucas said that he wasn't sure about trying out. It was brave of him to try out in his first year. First years weren't even allowed to bring their own brooms to school. "I bet you're better now then you were then. If you want we can train together before try-outs." Merrill suggested. She also had plans to practise again with Marisol. Maybe the three of them could work together. The young girl smiled brightly when he said he would love to hang out with her. "I'm free for anything. I'm waiting until closer to school to buy supplies" Merrill told him. It was a beautiful day out, and not a cloud in the sky. For two young kids it was the perfect day to make some winter memories.

Lucas thought about her comment, he wasn't sure she was right. He hadn't been on a broom much since his first year, instead choosing to spend his time focused on his antics with Lucas and Zara. Maybe, I haven't flown much since first year so I'm probably rusty, but I'd love to practice with you sometime," He smiled at her, suddenly excited by the idea of spending more time with her. Lucas nodded when she told him she was waiting to get her things until closer. "Yeah me too, in that case do you want to get some ice cream?" He asked, hopefully it would just be the start and hopefully she didn't think it was weird to eat ice cream in winter.

Merrill felt her stomach tighten up in excitement when Lucas said he would love to practise with her sometime. This was a completely new feeling for her. No one had ever made her nervous, and excited like this before. Could this be what a crush was like? Oh Merlin. She blushed a bright pink color at the sudden realization. Hopefully it wasn't too noticeable, but it showed no signs of going away. The fact that Lucas suggested they go grab ice cream only made it worse. "Yeah that sounds nice. Lets go!" Merrill said trying to sound normal. As they walked away from the quidditch shop, and towards the ice cream parlour Merrill tried to think of something to talk about. "Have you decided what electives you're going to take?" Merrill asked.

Lucas wasn't really sure what it was he was feeling but he liked it, it was good to spend time with a girl other than Evelyn who after stringing him along had admitted she didn't have feelings for him after all. It had been hard to take but Lucas thought he was coming to terms with it well and perhaps was meeting Merrill at the right time. When the girl asked him about electives he was rather surprised. Lucas hadn't expected school to be a topic of conversation so early. "Actually no, that would imply I know what I want to do post school what about you? Surely you've picked?" He asked wondering if the girl had a better idea of where she was heading in he life than he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back