Louis Vernier

university student | muggle-oriented

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Louis couldn't believe he had spent a whole year at Hogwarts and hadn't discovered many new things. The boy had just been so focused on his studies, just wanting to settle in first before getting too far ahead of himself. But now that he knew what Hogwarts had to offer with classes, he was ready to just let his mind and feet wander, and so that morning after he ate his breakfast, he set off to walk the corridors of Hogwarts, wondering if perhaps he would find anything worth talking about.

Louis tread carefully, smiling at some of the portraits as he climbed the stairs and looked around at what there was. The corridors all looked pretty much the same, which slightly disappointed the boy. The only difference was that each floor had a different number of rooms, which he knew well before taking this walk. Louis was on the second floor when he noticed an open door. All of the other ones so far had been closed, and this open door Louis had never seen before. He opened it a little bit more, looking around inside before stepping in. It was a classroom, quite a dusty and old one at that, and Louis thought that perhaps a ghost could appear at any moment, telling him to leave, but nothing of the sort happened. It was quiet, peaceful really, and Louis knew that he had discovered something good. He took a seat at one of the desks in the middle of the room, just looking around at the tinted windows and the scratched chalkboard in front of him. This was definitely an old classroom.

Val had only been in school for no longer than a few days but his headache has gotten worse. Now that he was a second year, there was even more noise, but this time coming from the first years. He wished his headphones would work in Hogwarts. It would definitely be much easier to drown out people's voices and all the ruckus that came with being in a room full of people.

Val approached the abandoned classroom, it was his refuge. Most of the time, there would be no one inside, making it the perfect place to spend his time. He opened the door and noticed there was one of his classmates in the room. He couldn't recall his name but he was sure they were classmates. "Oh. Hi." Val said awkwardly. "Uh.. Do you need the room? I can go if you want." He said. Usually, he'd be the first one in the room, and it was especially odd that there would be a student in the abandoned classroom this early in the year.

Louis turned around towards the door as he heard it open. He thought instantly that perhaps he had wandered into an ordinary classroom that going to be used and was about to apologise and leave. But when he saw a face he thought he recognised from classes, he smiled slightly at them. "Hey." he replied as they walked towards him. "No, I don't really need the room I guess." The boy shrugged, looking around as he wondered what else it could be used for. It was still there and so he was sure there had to be a point to it as otherwise it would just be a waste. "What's this room even for? I just found it." Louis said, wondering if the boy had more knowledge about it than he did.

Val closed the door and walked into the classroom. “Uh.. I think some students use it for.. stuff?” Val wasn’t really sure what other students used it for but he couldn’t or didn’t exactly want to tell someone he’d just met that he’d been using the room to skip class or run away from his roommates. “Oh, but I heard that some students used the classroom for sign-language classes.” He said, remembering overhearing a conversation about it once. Val felt awkward just standing there, so he even more awkwardly took a chair and sat on it.

Louis wanted to ask the boy what he was there for, but thought it would be quite rude to do so. After all, Louis didn't even know why he was there himself. He just nodded as the boy answered Louis's question the best that he could, finding it interesting that Hogwarts potentially offered sign-language classes. It was definitely a thoughtful thing, as he was sure with the large number of people that attended Hogwarts, that some would be hard of hearing. "I don't suppose they've used it for a while." Louis said, eyeing the cobwebs around the room. "Or perhaps they just aren't bothered maintaining it." The Hufflepuff shrugged, wanting to know more and more about the room as he looked around it. "How did you know they do sign-language classes in here? Do you know if I'd be able to apply for it?" Louis asked, hoping he wasn't being too nosy. It would definitely be handy to know sign-language just in case he ever happened to come across someone who couldn't understand him.

Val picked at his fingers, it was a recent habit that he had gained last year and had found himself doing it more often before. “I don’t they’ve used it in a while.” He said, affirming the boy’s statement. Or at least, they hadn’t used it much last school year at least. He’d spent a lot of time in the abandoned classroom but never had once encountered the group of students.

“Uhm, well, I overheard some of the.. upperclassmen talking about it, and there was a few drawings of hands when I first came in here.” He’d erased them though, having not much to do in the room. He’d considered drawing on the blackboard but Val wouldn’t really consider himself an artist.

Louis listened as his classmate answered him, nodding along. "Maybe it has been a while. I wonder what ever happened to that group of people... perhaps they graduated?" Louis said, continuing to look around the room to hopefully find something interesting. But it all seemed rather dull, just like an ordinary classroom, and Louis wasn't sure how much longer he would stay here. "They should probably put this room to use though, don't you think? There's no point of it staying here collecting dust." Louis stood up from the desk and walked over to the chalk board. He picked up a piece of chalk and wrote 'Louis was here 2053' in the corner of it. A simple touch, but one that he could check up on in a couple of days time, and that way if it was still there he would really know if it was abandoned. "I'm not really one for drawing. Do you know how to draw?" Louis asked the Gryffindor, wondering if he could perhaps draw him something cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back