Someone up there hates me...

Elspeth Brookes

OOC First Name
Ceara (Melissa)
Wand
Willow wand, 14" with Unicorn hair
Elspeth had actually ben having a good time this year, whenever she wasn't thinking about her first year. She was sitting lazily in the shade of a large tree in the Great Lawn, reading some of her textbook for her homework. She wasn't really concentrating, and she was absently doodling on the margins. She was feeling better after having a break from school. First her mother had died, leaving her an orphan, then she was beaten up by some first year hater, then her cat died. She had had a tough year, but she hoped this one would be better. Giving up on the textbook, she slapped it shut and put it to the side.

Ai had not changed much over the last four years. Her hair was still chopped short she she didn't have to deal with it and her eyes where still the color of the coldest steel. The only person that would ever see a difference in the statue of a girl was Vladimir and she would never let anyone find out about him. He was Ai's secret. She could see one of the younger students treating the text book as if it where something to be thrown away and her lips worked themselves into the tiniest little frown. "Have you any respect for knowledge?" She asked in her cool monotone.

Elspeth groaned. Another older student wanting to pick on her. "No, I love reading, but not today. I'm in Ravenclaw!" she said, not wanting to antagonise the girl. "What does it matter to you? It's none of your business what I do." She mentally kicked herself. So much for not antagonising, time for damage control, she thought. There was just something about the girl's tone that made her feel mad, however, she hastily backtracked. "I'm Elspeth, what's your name?" She forced a smile onto her face. I do not want to get beaten up again.

Ai looked at her with the same cold, cold blue eyes that mirrored the winter frost. "Your right I matters not to me what you do but that book deserves better." She said cooly then chose a spot beside a tree. "As for you being in Ravenclaw the hat must be losing it's magic if it put a pathetic little piece of work like you in it." She added. Her voice was the cold drone of a mechanical creature. There seemed to to be no soul behind those wintery orbs. "Ai. The name is Ai Adlam. Your Elspeth Brooks if I'm not mistaken." Ai said retrieving the name from the mass memory banks that where the inside of Ai's head.

Elspeth bristled. This girl had no right to lecture her! "Well! I'm sorry! I seem to remember buying that with my money, therefore it is my property, so I can do whatever I want!" She stood up, brushing grass off her clothes. Why do all the older students hate me, she wondered absently as she listened to Ai. "Yeah, like you're so perfect! At least I don't go around bullying younger students!" she exclaimed angrily. She was finding it hard to concentrate with the older girl's icy gaze on her, otherwise she would have said more. She surreptitiously slipped her hand into her pocket and gripped her wand, but she didn't take it out. She just wanted to be ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back