Someone new to add to the group

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

Derrik was up in the North Tower. He hadn't been here yet and now that he really liked the view, he kept it in mind for a someone special. With the best view he found in the school, he was left breathless. Never would he think that he could find something like this. If only that special person was with him.

No worries, that person was now around and was safe once more. All Derrik could do what think about him. Anyway he had to wake up from his day dream.

Kaede's shoes made a soft tap as she ventured up to the North Tower. She had dressed in winter apparel, figuring that the tower might be cold. Her breath turned into a mist every time she breathed out. It got chillier and chillier as she got farther up the tower, and she started to rub her hands together. Deciding that she needed to warm up, she began to jog up the stairs, hoping that she would be at the top soon.

Finally, she reached the top. Her breathes were fast and short from running, but she felt good. Looking at her surroundings, she started to walk around and not pay attention to where she was going. Taking a step backwards, she felt her back collide with someone. Quickly turning around, she blurted out, "Sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you."

Derrik was somewhat scared when someone bumped into him. Of course it was by accident.

"Oh its alright. I should've been more out of the way to begin with." This girls face was new to Derrik. She must be new to the school he thought.

"Um...are you new here? I've never seen you here before." Derrik felt stupid.
"Nice going. Don't you feel dumb!"

Kaede blushed. She felt super clumsy for running into the boy. "No, I should have paid attention." She put a friendly smile on her face, and nodded at his question. "Yes. I'm a first year student. My name's Kaede." Holding out a her mitten covered hand, she grinned, hoping the boy would shake her hand.

"Oh well nice to meet you. I'm Derrik. I'm a second year Hufflepuff." Derrik lightly shook Kaede's hand.

"So what brings you up to the tower?"

"Derrik what are you doing? Stop being so nosy!" Derrik's voice was telling the truth. He was being strong already. But he just wanted to know, thats all. He ruffles his hair like he always did.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so nosy."

"It's nice to meet you too." She said with a smile. Kaede had to think for a bit on why she had come up to the tower. She didn't really know for sure. "I don't really know, I just wanted some time away from all the work I've had to do." It was true, she had too much work, and she wasn't doing as good in her classes as she wished she was.

Suddenly being brought out of her thoughts, she laughed as he said he didn't mean to be nosy. "I didn't even notice, and I don't think that's being nosy, it's natural to try and start a conversation with someone by asking them something about themselves, it's not biggy."

Derrik laughed at himself and the voice came back again "Nice job. You're looking really nice. Just act normal"

"But if i act normal, it would be like me acting around him and you know that! Derrik quickly realized that he was talking to himself in front of Kaede.

"I'm sorry Kaede. Someone in my head thinks its quite funny how I'm making a fool of myself." It was true. Derrik hated how sometimes the voice would come and talk at the worse times. Trying to think of a topic, it finally came to mind.

"So what do you think about the school your first year?"

Kaede cocked her head, curious who he was talking to. When he explained, she just smiled. "It's okay, it happens." Her tone was friendly. Truthfully, no matter what he did from now on, she had liked him right away, and hoped that they would be able to be friends.

She bit her lip as he asked about her first year. There were a lot of things she could talk about, but she didn't want to be a blabbermouth. "I love it so far. I've met so many great people! I was nervous at first, but a lot of people helped me. Also, when I first came here, everyone was huge. Of course, I'm not very big myself, but still, they all seemed so big." Laughing, she realized how childish that sounded.

Derrik laughed. "I thought the same thing actually. I loved my first year. Met quite a few good friends. Then I had my ups and downs but then again who doesn't?"

Derrik looked out into the opening. Maybe he would do something here. Then he thought about Yule Ball. Wait....what are we getting at here back to where these to are.

"So..Kaede, anything special you really like about the school?" he said as he ruffled his hair.

Kaede smiled as he said he had thought the same thing. Most people didn't understand, but most people weren't as short as she was either. "I think I'm starting to get used to it, I'm not as scared as I used to be...All though, I still sometimes can't believe how big some of the people look."

Out of all the people she had met, no one had asked how she thought about the school. They had asked about her homework, but other than that, everyone had stayed away from asking how she liked it. She was glad that there was something different for a change.

It took her a few seconds to decide what she was going to say, but deep down, she knew what it was right away. "I love the whole school, but I think the best place here is either this tower or the cliffs. I love the cliffs. They're so peaceful and refreshing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back