Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
When Sapphire had gone to meet up with Chrys, she hadn't expected to sleep with him. But Frankie had broken up with her again- damn him and his fear of commitment- and she'd been annoyed, and Chrys had been attentive. She hadn't meant to sleep with him, originally, but it had happened, and now she was dealing with the consequences.

One of them was being afraid of telling her brother she'd slept with his ex. She remembered vividly how in love Onyx had been, how bad the relationship had been, and how terrible the fall out of the break up had been. She'd asked Jamie to meet up, deciding it would be so much easier if she got him to break the news to Onyx. It was a little cowardly of her, perhaps, but she still had to tell James, and that was almost as scary as telling her brother.

She arrived early to the cafe, ordered a water, and settled in to wait, bouncing her leg nervously as she waited for her brother-in-law to arrive.

Jamie loved being married. He had already loved being married, but everything about it was just amazing. They were just able to spend all of their time together feeling loved and comforted. He was exceedingly happy with how things had turned out. He was surprised to hear from Sapphire but had accepted the invite. He liked Onyx's sister, and they had managed to make their relationship a lot closer than it had been and he welcomed any and all opportunity to improve and strengthen it. So he arrived at the cafe and immediately spotted her. She seemed nervous and he wasn't sure why she would be but he walked in, and sat down. "Hey Sapph." he greeted quickly ordering himself a coffee and looking to her with a warm smile. "How are you?"

Sapphire looked up as Jamie appeared, smiling softly at him. "You look sickeningly happy." She countered as he sat down. "You two are so gross," She teased, sipping her drink. She sighed, knowing there was no point in putting it off. "I've been better." She told him dryly, looking him in the eye. "I'm pregnant. And I need you to break it to Onyx." She clasped both hands around her water, taking a deep breath before looking Jamie in the eye again. "I slept with Chrysander." She spoke matter of factly, like it was nothing, but a hint of worry flashed in her eyes.

Jamie gave Sapphire a little laugh at her comment. ”Thank you, Sapph,” definitely deciding to take her words as the compliment they were meant to be. He was so very, very happy, there was no other way to describe his emotions about his husband and the life that had now started, properly, together. Jamie's smile faded a little as she began speaking and was a little shocked by her revelation, but gave no time for him to question why he would need to break it to him until she spoke again. ”Oh,” he said in some surprise. ”Oh,” he repeated. This made complete sense. What that man held over this family was beyond him. ”I think you should tell him.” he said simply. ”I think he needs to hear it from you,” Jamie spoke softly, there was no annoyance in his tone, no judgement either. ”He loves you, and I know this will likely hurt a little…but he's also married and happy…,”

Sapphire nodded, smirking playfully. "Just stating the obvious," She sipped her drink, waiting nervously for his reaction. He was taking it rather well, and as she expected he thought she should tell Onyx herself. "Oh, I know he loves me, but this will absolutely hurt him and that's now your department." She replied, wrapping her hands around her cup. "I'm being a wimp, okay? I'll talk to him, I will, would you just-" She sighed, looking at her drink before back up to him. "Please, Jamie? I know that I should, but I would really appreciate it if you talked to him first." She countered, giving him her best pout.

Jamie gave a little look, he knew he would be picking up the pieces of this, and though he knew that things sometimes just happened, he couldn't help but be a little disappointed in Sapphire for all of it. Just of all the people in this world...that man. But he also knew he couldn't and shouldn't be more frustrated than that, this wasn't just on Sapphire and this was just bad luck. He just shook his head, reaching out to touch her and gave a little smile. "Sapph....What would I even say to him, there is nothing either of us can say that'll make this situation less hard for him," Jamie said. "He's your twin, and this was a relationship that was bad for him with a man who treated him like dirt. Nothing either of us say will make it easier, but hearing it from you…from your perspective rather than hearing second hand information from me, where I won't have the answers to his questions, that will only hurt him more," Jamie spoke softly. "You need to tell him, and then I will put him back together,"

Sapphire should have known her pouting wouldn't work. Ah well, at least she'd tried. She sat back, sipping her water. "Alright, alright," She sighed, twisting her hand to take his. "I'll tell him. When's your next day off? He'll probably need your attention." She asked, musing. It wasn't that she couldn't tell her brother- she was just dreading it. "I know it probably wasn't the smartest move ever, sleeping with his ex..." She sighed. "Chrys and I were friends, you know. Once upon a time. We were close. But when he and Onyx fell out, well... I broke his nose for being a **** and we didn't speak for a while. He met up with me, asked for forgiveness, checked in... and things just got a bit out of hand." She sighed. "Which reminds me, be on the look out for that, too. He wanted to apologize to Onyx himself."

Jamie was glad when it seemed Sapphire got on board with being the one to tell Onyx. He knew this wasn't going to be good for Onyx but he also hoped that given how things were for them it wouldn't be too bad either. Jamie nodded, ”I'm off for a couple of days after the weekend,” he told her, taking a bit of parchment out and writing down the specific days. he'd be about to give his husband his full attention. ”He's not getting near Onyx unless Onyx wants him to,” Jamie would let Onyx decide how much reconciliation he wanted. But if this Chrys character put even a hair out of line Jamie would draw the line under it.

Sapphire took the parchment that he gave her, musing. "Right, I'll steal him for brunch on your first day off then," She decided, slipping the page into her pocket. She sighed, dragging her hand over her face. "Well... whatever happens, I'm keeping it. I have money and time and Frankie is always a brat anyway, I wouldn't know how to handle him if he started acting like a mature adult," She joked dryly. "I could handle sharing captain with Blake Irons, I'm sure I could handle a tiny terrorist," She smiled at him, trying to hide how worried she actually was about it. Sapphire had a bad habit of acting tougher than she actually felt.

Jamie nodded, he'd have to have a number of things to hand to make it easier. Part of Jamie thought maybe enough time had passed and things would be fine, but Jamie wouldn't work on that assumption. He glanced back at Sapphire and just let a soft smile reach his lips. His hand reached out for him. ”No matter how Onyx reacts, you'll always have my support in raising this child. And Onyx will come around. You won't be alone in this,” Jamie assured her. As much as this situation and the man involved weren't great, once the dust had settled on the drama he would be sure that he and Onyx were there for her, for anything that she needed.

Sapphire took his hand, smiling softly. "Thanks," She offered sincerely. "You're a definite upgrade," she teased him. While she cared about Chrys, he was definitely more of a one night sort of guy. Jamie was the guy you fell in love with. She sighed. "I don't think it's going to be Chrys, you know. The thing that bothers him." She tucked her hair back. "I mean- he might be a little upset that we slept together, or that it's Chrys," She bit her lip.

"But Nyxy... he's going to be jealous, I think, more than anything. I've noticed that look he gets. It's going to kill him that Chrys broke him and he still gets to have the one thing that Onyx wants more than anything, especially because it wasn't intentional. Chrys and I aren't together- gods, no way. I'm sure Frankie will be mad at me." She rambled a bit, staring at nothing in particular and rubbing her thumb over Jamie's knuckles.

"Frankie is... I don't know. I won't say I love him... he's never around long enough for that. I think I could love him. Some day. But with him... he's in and out of whatever crazy relationship we have. One moment, he's mine and we're happy, and the next he's broke it off again." She rolled her eyes, smiling a bit.

"I think that's the big difference with Onyx and me." She sipped her drink. "Onyx always wanted someone to share his life with, he wanted his home to be in someones arms, to build up his world with someone he loved. Me?" She laughed lightly. "I'm too independent for my own good. I don't mind waiting around for one guy to get his life together- I'm too busy living my own to bother with all that 'true love' nonsense," She teased Jamie a bit.

Jamie wasn't too surprised that her evaluation of it was that perhaps Onyx would be more upset about the baby aspect that the sleeping with aspect. He hesitated to agree but knew it was something that bothered his love a lot. He wanted a family and though Jamie was perfect happy and resigned to adopting or by some other method, he knew it bothered his love that it wouldn't be him. Jamie just took a sip of his drink as Sapphire spoke more. "You are worthy of true love," he replied simply. Jamie just nodded, "I will deal with Onyx, and whatever mess comes of this, and I expect that our niece or nephew spends time with their best uncles," he said. he would push for Sapph to be supported in all of this, once the dust had settled somewhat.

Sapphire laughed at his words, shaking her head lightly. "Oh, you keep your lovey nonsense for my brother," She teased him. "And we both know if Onyx gets his way you'll have this baby more than I will," She winked playfully. "I'm surprised you get him at all, with how often he steals the family children," She giggled, shaking her head. "Alright," She sighed, downing the rest of her drink and standing. "You aren't my only appointment of the day. See you," She tossed him a wink, holding her arms open for a hug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back