Some time with the Roses

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was so glad to be back in school. The prospect that tomorrow they would start with Transfiguration class made things all the better. Ravenclaws shared this class with the Gryffendors meaning that she wouldn't just be sharing the class with Brian but with Andy too. She was also looking forward to seeing Els and Harri but she could always meet up with them later and really talk about thier summers.

Zazuka took out her forgotten charms of the eighteenth century book and started to read next to the plaque of Rose Landers. She had never met the girl but she always thought that even the dead desurved some company so every so often last year she would come out here and read or listen to music or do something close to the gravemarker. She would also make sure that the rose bush was in good condition. Big blooms where the reward of all her work.

Later Zazuka would rejoin the exsigtement that was the beggining of the school year but for now she just leaned back agaist the rose bush a little and got lost in her book. Life could not get sweeter in Zazuka's mind.

Monov came from the distance walking towards Zazuka, He had been carrying a Book of some type (It was unmarked). Monov saw Zazuka sitting by a beautifull rosebush. "Hey Zazuka, How are you? You exceted to get to class tommorow? I mean, well.. I cant wait. I need my Potions class." Monov looked down a bit then looked back at her, He looked over her book. "Charms eh? Im more of a curse kinda guy myself. But Herbs really get me." He laughed. "Can I join you?" He asked as he pointed at the ground.

Zazuka laughed into her hand as he told her all that he was looking foward to then nodded. "Of corese, I don't think Ms. Landers would mind more company." She said pointing to the plaque on the gravestone. She hoped that he wouldn't be freaked out by her choice in reading spots. She wasn't creepy just consiteret of even the dead. "I'm looking fowared to Transfigurations myself. I get be with all my good friends at once but we don't get to talk to one another but we do sometimes stay together after class and talk about stuff." She said brightly.

Monov scratched his head. "What is Transfiguration?" He asked. All Monov knew was herbs and alittle bit of potions and some basic spells his Father showed him before he died. "Maybe we can study together sometime... Do you know about Herbs? I have something really special here." He reached behind him to grab a pouch attached to his belt. He pulled it out. He emptied it onto his hand. Some little piece of Mugwart root fell out... a few Liberty caps and somthing else.... somthing that looked like Caloflower but old and rotting.. It didnt smell.. Which was good. "Rott Blossom" he said. "A necromancers root. My Uncle gave it to me and told me that as long as i had this on me I will resist alot of the Dark Arts."

Zazuka looked up while thinking about how to answer. "Tranfiguration is truning something into something else useing magic. Unlike Charms that only changes the enviornment around an object. Right now I can turn a quill into a sliver spoon. I can turn a match into a needle and I can turn book into jewelry box." She said. She nodded as listened to him. "Oh of coures I know a bit about Herbology, that's what the study is called, I love the class. I want to grow things like Belladona and Asphodel. They are truly beautiful plants. Oh my is that really Rott Blossom!" She cryed scooping some up in her hands to study it. To her knowlage it was a rare plant.

Monov was a bit started as Zazuka scooped some of the Rott Blossom up. He began to reach to grab it but Zazuka seemed much to interested to let it go... "Hey.. uhh... Thats... mine..." He said nervously. "I am actually pretty good with herbs." He said proudly. "My Uncle Luie is an muggle Alchemist. He taught me alot. He is the one that gave me that. I was looking for some in the dungeons but i couldn't find any.. They usually grow in crypts or dungeons."

Zazuka handed the Rott Blossom back to Monov and smiled. "Really? They keep the dungeons clean around here because classes and the Slytherin dormatorys are down there. Hey do want to help he with the rose bush sometime. Fall is comeing up soon which means that the rain will make some of the flowers rot. Cuting away all the dead stuff make the roses bloom biger and more beautifl. Then may be you can show me some of the herds you can grow." She said almost all in one breath. She was happy she found some one that liked Herbology almost as much as she did.

Monov smiled "Perfect! I would love to. we can grow som things right here in the soil. What would you want to do first? Mandrid is fairly easy to grow be carefull though those things are dangerous." he said with a smirk

Zazuka had read about that plant. "It can't be worse then a venomos tandrula but we will ware our dragon hide gloves just in case." She said with a bright smile. But I don't think we should do this kind of thing here. The gardens would be most suited for them don't you think. And can Mandrid withstand a lot of rain?" She asked already thinking about what they would plant.

Zazuka looked around with her eyes wide. "Yes I do, Jinx. Why?" She asked sort of extending the last word.

Zazuka smiled brightly when she heard what he was planning on planting. "I think Jinx would greatly like that just as long as he doesn't get into the pach." She said laughing into her hand.

Monov laugh. "You know, if you eat some and Jynx eats some.. You can form a psycic bond between the both of you."

Rose looked on from beside the rosebush as the two talked. She was barely visible in daylight and even then some people never saw her. She was more than honored that her best friend Estrella had planted the roses for her and even more honored that people visited it. She didn't recognize the two that sat there now, but they seemed nice. Not sure if they saw her or if they even wanted her butting in, Rose stayed where she was and listened as they spoke.

Her mother had always said that it was impolite to listen, but she hadn't seen her mother in more than 4 years and she was terribly lonely.

Zazuka smiled and laughed. "I don't think I need more in my mind then I already have." She said kindly. Zazuka, though she would sware up and down that it was a reaction of something or another, was a budding Seer. Untrained and tormented most of the time by nightmares and feelings Zazuka would never tell anyone other than her closest friends about this until she was sure of what was going on with her. "But I think it would be nice to see it grow." She added with a bright smile. She spoted what seemed like a shimer of water behind the rose bush. She smiled brightly again. She had seen enough of the castle ghosts to know when she was being watched by one.

Rose was sure that the girl had seen her and she smiled. It had the immediate effect of warming her. For a second she felt like a living girl again.

Monov looked around. Completely forgetting about what he had been talking about he asked. "Do you feel like we're being watched?" Monov looked around again. "Hello?" he asked. Monov had always been alittle different. He could feel people around him but he never understood it.

Zazuka laughed into her hand. "I'm willing to bet anything that it's Ms. Landers seeing who is visiting her grave. Don't worry the school has a great may ghosts thier nothing to be afraid of." She said looking around to see if she could get a better glimps of her but all she saw was the same shimering.

Monov eyes widened. "Ghosts? Are you for real?" He asked. "I guess here at Hogwarts anything is possible.

"So were going to plant CatNip? It's fairly easy to grow." Monov looked at the dirt around the Rosebush. "This dirt should be fine. As long as we take care of it, it will be fine." Monov said confidently.

Zazuka nodded. "The soil's fine the only thing I'm consered about it disturbing Ms. Lander's grave more than we have to. I think the soil in the gardens would do just as well." She said kindly. She didn't want to show any disrispect for the spirit of the girl.

Zazuka nodded and smiled as watched Monov leave. "I hope I didn't say the wronge thing." She said with a small sigh. "Have a nice day Ms. Landers. I'll be back to visit soon." She said hoping the spirit was still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back