Some things I wish I could unsee

Meyke Liechandra

OOC First Name
Elise (main)
Wand
Oak 14 3 / 4 Essence of Raven Feather
Meyke was getting bored in her dormitory. No one was around to talk to, no one to meet, no one to harass. She finally lifted herself off of her bed and out of the room. As she walked into the common room she noticed no one was there. Ugghh. I'm going to have to go farther to find something to do. She thought to herself as she took a few light steps out of the common room door and into the dungeons.

Ah the dungeons. It was damp, dark, and cold, but to her it was nice. She loved that feeling. As she walked about, she lit her wand. You could always use a little extra light. She heard to tapping of her shoes on the cold stone floor. She could see a bit of grime on the walls. It felt dark. She felt at home. The little first year could tell when she wasn't alone. The dungeons would have echoed the visitors footsteps as it did her own. As for now, all was silent except for her breathing and her own foot falls.

She walked on for about 10 minutes before she realized she hadn't been paying attention to which direction she had been heading. Meyke considered turning back and maybe going take a nap to pass the time, but she was never one to sit around and do nothing. Then another thought accured to her. What exactly were in all of the dungeons of a castle of this advanced age. Surely there would be something down here she could entertain herself with. There wasn't much point in going above ground if she wasn't in the mood to handle those her parents would deem beneath her.

It was at that moment that she realized she wasn't alone anymore. She could feel in her body that there was another presence there. Not only that, but she could here their footsteps too. Freezing for a moment, she couldn't decide what to do. Should she stay and see who it is, or run for it? She was apparently frozen for too long when the footsteps got closer, she knew that she would have to face whoever it was.

Claudia was humming. It was her favorite song when she was still alive. And that was decades ago. And yet... And yet she still remembers it clearly. For it was the song her father really loved to play with the harpsichord. It was a slow lullaby. And with Claudia's ghostly child's voice, the song almost seemed to be unearthly.

But Claudia stopped abruptly when she caught sight of a young girl alone in the dark. The sudden stop on her singing filled the dungeon with a dark silence. But Claudia was never scared of the dark. Never. Even when she lived. "What brings you, wizard?" Claudia asked in her sweet childish voice. She floated towards the girl and studied her as though the girl was only an odd-looking rock Claudia found in the dungeon where she dwells.

Meyke heard anyone say "hi" and she jumped backwards. "Who's that?" Meyke asked with harshly. She tried to see who had just greeted her. She did not see anybody. Creeps back of her neck feathers. Hogwarts suddenly felt so horrible for her. The darkness that makes it even more trepidation. However, Meyke take a breath and tried to calm herself. "I can not see you. Show yourself !" Meyke said. She looked around expectantly, trying to find someone who spoke to her.

Claudia snorted when the girl started to panic. "Typical wizard girls." she said softly and looked back at the girl again. This one seemed to be a new student. Claudia had seen the sorting. Watched it, actually. And she found it boring. It was the making of another group of wizards, anyway, wizards who killed her... Wizards who never thought about others' lives...

"Now, now, little girl... You should stop moving there, you know." Claudia muttered and flew down to the girl. She floated just behind the girl, and she was sure that the girl could now see her despite the darkness. Claudia's doll-like face stayed still and waited for the girl to talk again.

Meyke felt there was certain movements and she looked back. It was also a girl to show its form with thick dense white fog. Meyke blinked. "Am I hallucinating?" Meyke asked, trying to convince herself. She was just dealing with ghost, not human. Meyke was not sure of her eyesight. She tried to blink several times, hoping to figure it soon disappeared. However, the figure also did not disappear. Meyke can see with her form and she definitely was not dreaming !

Claudia snorted. It seems that this girl was a little slow. Claudia didn't like talking to slow people. They don't make any sense at all. Was it so hard to believe in ghost? Claudia thought it wasn't. Especially with a girl studying in a wizarding school. She does believe in magic. If not, then she's stupid. And if this girl believes in magic, then why is it so hard for her to believe that Claudia was a ghost?

But this was just a waste of time now. Claudia decided to leave, and there she disappeared.

Meyke saw that Claudia disappeared without saying a word. Meyke shook her head and thought she hallucinated. She winced and felt that the figure was real. Claudia is a ghost and Meyke had never met ghost previously. In the world of Muggles, only certain people can see it and Meyke has ensured that she was included in the class who could not see ghosts. Meyke was a Muggle born, so she never knew there was such a thing.

Wisteria woke up in the darkness of the dungeons. At first, she didn't know why she was there. But after thinking a few moments, she remembered that she was looking for her cousin, Clyde. It seemed a very long time ago since they talked, and Wisteria missed him. Missed teasing him, that is. But she had no idea where to find him. And he's probably inside the Slytherin House. Of course Wisteria wouldn't know how to enter that place.

Meantime, she stood up from the cold floor to hear someone shouting. "That's annoying..." she muttered to herself as she was stretching her arms. After waiting for a few moments for her eyes to get used to the darkness, Wisteria started to walk. She found the shouting girl as soon as she stepped up to the upper levels, and Wisteria guessed the girl was a first year. "Are you a first year or some unpopular Slytherin who wants attention?" Wisteria asked, dazed as always.

Meyke turned around and heard another voice spoke to her. Meyke smirked and then realized that it will be a girl's voice. Meyke thought that it will not be a ghost because her voice was real for Meyke. "I'm a first year yeah ..." Meyke replied with calmly voice. Then Meyke waited for her reply.

"Hmm.. Why are you shouting awhile ago?" Wisteria asked the girl, dazed. She yawned and then looked around the place. Despite the darkness looming all around her, she could see a little what was around her. Of course there was this little girl in front of her. And then there was the stairs where Wisteria came from just a moment ago at her right. It seemed dull inside the dungeon. Wisteria wished she had some pizza right now. "You do know that there are ghosts here. Not just ghosts, but mean students who might get annoyed with your voice."

Wisteria leaned on the wall. It felt cold and calming. And yet there was a faint feeling of iciness that made Wisteria walk away from it. She looked back at the girl and waited for her to reply.

Meyke looked at the girl. It seems she is older than her. Meyke smiled at her, tried to be nice. "I never see ghost before," Meyke answered. She knew that it will be funny for Wisteria. Maybe she is pure blood and ghosts are common creatures as wizard. Meyke walked toward Wisteria, wanna see her react for Meyke's answer.

"Oh?" Wisteria muttered before she started to yawn again. She felt really sleepy. There were group studies inside her dorm last night. She didn't want to be part of it, but she thought she needed to be at least a little friendly to her dorm mates. But now she thought it was a very wrong mistake. She wasn't used to sleeping late. And she didn't have the chance to eat her pizza too. "You don't see them, but they see you. So you should still be cautious." Wisteria didn't know why she was giving advice to some stranger. Maybe she felt pity towards the girl, who seemed to be a little ignorant. It was the first time Wisteria met a Slytherin who acted like this girl. Completely clueless. Wisteria wondered why was that, because Slytherins are normally witty and smart. They could be some competition to the ever so smart Ravenclaws too.

Meyke nodded. "But, I can see her. I mean the ghost .... " Meyke said quickly. Yes, she had met a ghost and she could see the ghost for her first time. It will be fantastic but Meyke then realized that ghost are a common creature at Hogwarts and everyone can see the ghost at castle.

"Are you, for a reason I don't want to know, drunk?" Wisteria asked coldly. For quite a while, Wisteria thought this girl was ignorant. But now she realized that this girl was just plain stupid. "You told me awhile ago that you've never seen a ghost. And then after that you told me you've actually seen one..?" she exclaimed with a sharp tone at the last syllable. Now this was completely odd. Can this girl even cope up with the other Slytherins? Wisteria met a lot of them already. Lykke Wu, Elle White, her cousin... And this girl doesn't have any of their qualities. Not even the good ones. "What an irritating girl..." she murmured and then looked at the girl again, this time looking annoyed.

"I do not drunk," Meyke smirked. Apparently she met a girl that could not understand what had been said. Meyke did not know if there is a problem in Wisteria's hearing or Meyke have been incorrectly informed something. However, Meyke was pretty sure has been informed with good sentence. "Hey, I have spoken clearly. Can you not understand? I've never met a ghost before, but now I met a ghost. I mean a few minutes earlier. It's for the first time," Meyke replied, tried again to explain for Wisteria. Meyke is always met Slytherins that were quite comfortable talking to Meyke because they understood the purpose of what Meyke said. Meyke did not have to repeat what she was talking to them because they are easy to draw conclusions. Meyke laughed in her heart.

"Spoken clearly?" Wisteria repeated the girl's words. She was really annoyed at the fact that this girl seemed to believe that she was really saying the right things. "First of, it's: 'I am not drunk'. If you're trying to prove something, at least make sure that you're saying the right words. But anyways, I believe I understand why you can't. It's simply because you're stupid." she hissed. Wisteria thought she was going to have a great deal of insults for Clyde and that annoying Lykke Wu because they were in the same House as this girl. "And where's the ghost you're talking about now?" Wisteria asked the girl. She didn't know the girl's name. And she didn't even want to remember if the girl introduced herself. "Probably left because you're not worth talking to. In fact I would have left you here if it weren't for your annoying face and irritating voice. I just really want to point out to you how stupid you are."

Meyke crossed her hand in front of her chest. Her eyes stared to the Wisteria. Typical utterance of a Slytherin but it is too excessive to be considered as a good senior. "I do not care what you say. If you feel disturbed, just to go from here. I'm not telling you to talk with me, Miss," Meyke grinned. She hope Wisteria did not underestimate her. Meyke did not care eventough Wisteria is a senior. It will not affect to Meyke. Age does not matter for Meyke and Meyke consider Wisteria just limited to big-mouthed girl who somehow interfere. Wisteria did nothing more than that. Meyke was not confusing what Wisteria said. Meyke also did not pay attention to her behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back