Some People Have It Worse

Dylan Fields

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Dylan sneezed. For anyone else this would be a seemingly normal occurrence, but for Dylan it might mean his disease hadn’t completely gone. He would hate to have to return home when he had just got back to Hogwarts after all this time, to completely recover from Dragon Pox all over again. It had been so dull at home, although it was quite nice getting his mum to do everything for him. He should find someone to give him that sort of treatment here.

He shook his head and put the sneezing down to hay fever, which was much more probable in this weather, and he was definitely cured! He put the single sneeze out of his mind when he noticed a girl out on the grounds. She caught his attention almost instantly, he didn't really know why. *Shrug* might as well go talk to her.

"Hey" His voice cracked, "Eh...." That was it... he didn't know what to say. You would wonder what was so scary about a girl but something caught him off guard.

Eden walked outside along the great lawn. It was a pretty sort of day the sky was blue and the grass was green. Eden had been wanting no needed a day out of the castle it seemed like all she did was homework and study. She missed having a life. Missed having a boyfriend but she and Tohoru knew that is was for the best that they split up. So walking out into the sunlight the gentle the wind flowing through her hair. The sun shinning down on her face nothing could make this day or could it?

Letting her feet lead her where ever they wanted her to go she almost did not hear the voice that seemed like they wanted to call out but just could not get the words out. Looking over her shoulder and flashing her biggest smile she called a greeting to the boy. "Hey whats up?"

The friendly response made Dylan feel more at ease. He could actually talk without his voice cracking, "Nothing much, just finished unpacking all my stuff. You?" Dylan decided not to expand anymore, he had just met the girl and he didn't want to go telling his life story just yet, he might scare her away. It then occurred to him that they hadn't done the introductions yet, "Oh yeah, I'm Dylan by the way." He smiled at her, "And I'm a third year." The girl looked about the same age as himself, there was a possibility they were classmates.

"I'm just taking a walk along the grounds to clear my head from all the classwork." Wondering where the boy had been all this time seeing as he mentioned that he had just finished unpacking. But not wanting to sound nosey she let it go. "It's nice to meet you Dylan. I'm Eden and I'm also a third year. So what electives are you taking?" Eden realized that she was trying to escape the classroom and had just brought it up turning red Eden shook her hair in front on her face trying to cover it.

Classwork, need he be reminded? Dylan had almost forgotten all about the soul purpose of school while he was away. He was now so far behind and had so much catching up to do if he had any chance of decent grades. Dylan was just enjoying Hogwarts before the pile of homework begins to grow. As for electives, he wasn't enrolled in any, not yet anyway. "Oh I don't know, I have to sort all of that out!" Dylan replied, "What classes are you taking? You never know I might be joining them soon!" Dylan smiled, it wasn't all bad.

"I could not pick a class so I'm taking them all and I figured come my 5th year I would have it all worked out I hope." Eden looked up and noticed that Dylan was rather good looking. "Well I think that whatever class you pick I would see you in it." Eden wanted to offer and say that she would help him catch up in all his classes if he wanted but she did not want to sound to nerdy.

Dylan couldn't believe it, Eden was taking every class. "Well I guess that's good, whatever I take you'll be there" He smiled, "Hold on, how do you have any social life if you take every class?" He figured she must be some sort of genius, it was the only explanation... or just really hardworking perhaps. "You can't be clever, no one has both beauty and brains!" Was that a compliment? It sounded like one in Dylan's head. "I mean because you're pretty... yeahhh, I'm just going to stop talking!"

Dylan decided on a quick subject change, "So which classes do you recommend?" Nice save!

Eden listened to Dylan trip and fall over every last one of his words. Letting out a sweet little laugh Eden walked the last few feet to stand in front of Dylan and placed her finger on his lips. "Shhhh it's ok. Yes I am this smart. I have both the beauty and brains." Taking her finger off his lips she took a step back. "Its really easy to have a social life here. I am a cheerleader. Now as for classes if your looking for something easy I say go for Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies. Everything else takes alot of work."

Hardwork and Dylan wasn't a good mix, so Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle studies sounded like good subjects for him to take. "Yeah I'll definitely check those ones out, they sound like they would suit me. Unlike you I don't have the brains." It was sort of obvious from how the conversation had gone so far. "Wow you're a cheerleader" Okay so to add to the package, Eden also had popularity. She sounded perfect. "I was thinking about trying out for the Qudditch team at some point, I'm a pretty good flier!"

"I'm sure your smart you just have to apply yourself and I'm sure I know a person how would be more than happy to help you out in catching up on everything." Eden could see what he was thinking and smiled. "Qudditch is alright my best friend is on the Gryffindor team."

"Yeah but applying myself, it sounds like so much effort!" Eden was right though, if Dylan did, he would probably Ace everything, or rather... Oce... all his subjects. "Wait, you'll help me, so what, like some sort of tutor?" Dylan wouldn't mind that, he could spend more time with Eden that way. It hadn't been that long but he could tell he would like her. "Sure sounds good, if you're sure you want to of course!" Perhaps all his catch up work won't be so tedious after all!

"Yeah I miss Qudditch, I haven't played in ages!" Dylan said, "I would have to get some practice in before I tryout for the team!"

Looking up and Dylan, Eden placed a look of mock shock on her. "Me? Help you? Why would I ever do such a thing?" Eden giggled and bit and winked to let her know she was kidding. "I would be willing to help you but you would have to take me flying with you when you go." Eden liked the way Dylan looked and he seemed like he would be a really sweet guy to hang out with.

"But you said... oh right!" Eden proposed a deal, she would help him if he took her flying. "Okay sounds like a fair deal." It was double as much time he could spend with her. "Let's shake on it!" Dylan spat on his hand and held it out for Eden, "...or maybe not." He lowered his hand, he forgot girls weren't into that sort of thing. "Anyway, I was thinking of going flying tomorrow if you wanted to join? Do you know how to fly?"

Eden blushed madly when Dylan proposed going flying tomorrow. "I know how to fly a little bit I don't own a broom I used my friend Kida's broom last time I can always ask if I can use it again." Seeing how he offered to shake on it she blushed even more. "No silly it's more like this." Getting on tip toe Eden laid a gentle kiss on Dylan's lips.

Dylan blinked, he did not expect what just happened, to happen. He kissed her back and smiled, "Thanks for that," He paused, "Yeah that should be fine, I'll get you flying like a pro within the week. Well, er tomorrow then?" Dylan confirmed, "Around midday we could meet at the Qudditch pitch?" Dylan was looking forward to it already. "Oh yeah and then we can arrange when you're going to help me with homework, it's all part of the deal!"

"I can help you with your homework whenever you want. Where ever you want." Eden could not believe how bold she was being nor could she believe that he had kissed her back. "So um what time do you want me to meet you on the pitch?"

Dylan couldn't believe his luck, he had met someone he liked and she hadn't blown him off. Unless Eden was leading him on after kissing him. "I'll meet you on the pitch at 12 okay!" Dylan said, "I'll see you then, I won't be late!" He looked at the time, "Uh- sorry I'm late for meeting a friend, I got to go."

"Ok Ill meet you on the pitch at 12 than." Eden gave Dylan a small smile and left for the castle so that she could get ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back