some memories

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl was walking down Obsidian Harbor yet again. She had been getting out alot more then usual. She wore a simple dark blue sweater and a black skirt. Thats when Pearl saw where she was at. Right outside the daily profit offices. Her breath caught in her throat and tears filled her eyes. She missed Edward. Then the scars she had started hurting reminding her what he had done, but for some stupid reason she still loved him. She tryed to blink back the tears but they just kept coming. Next thing she knew she was on her knees sobbing in the streets.

Adrian & his wife, Elizabeth had been called in to work at the last minute and were on their way to the airport to fly out to France immediately. As the black limo slid through the streets of Obsidian, Adrian glanced out the window. As they neared the Daily Prophet offices, Adrian noticed a figure bent over on the sidewalk. Craning his neck for a closer look, he recognised that it was his old school friend Pearl, who had recently divorced. She seemed distraught, and Adrian knew he should help.

"Stop the car." he called out to the driver, fiddling with his seat belt.
"Adrian, what is it?" Elizabeth said, a worried look on her face.
"Oh, I just realised I need something.. from a shop. You go on to the airport, I'll meet you there." he said, not wanting his wife to know that he was really stopping to help the woman that had had a crush on him so many years ago.
"But.. the plane leaves soon. There's no time." Elizabeth said, placing her hand delicately on his arm.

As the limo stopped not far from Pearl, Adrian opened the door and climbed out. "I'll get the next flgiht then. You can handle it on your own until I get there, Liz." he said with half a smile, closing the door. He waited for the car to drive away, before running over to Pearl. "Hey, Pearl.. are you okay? What happened?" Adrian said, putting an arm around her shoulders and pulling her onto her feet.
--
Elizabeth stared at her husband, dumbfounded. She was about to reply to him, when he closed the car door on her. Driving away, Elizabeth glanced out the rear window, to see her husband put his arm around a woman, in what looked like a hug. With a second glance, she recognised Pearl, the woman Elizabeth had worried about in the Leaky Cauldron a few weeks prior. "Shall we stop, mam?" the driver called out, uncertain. "No." she replied coldly. She put a hand to her face, glad no one could see through the tinted windows.

Pearl felt her self being pulled to her feet. She calmed her self down enough to recognize it was her old best friend Adrian who was comforting her. "Im fine" she manages to mumble while tears still streamed down her face "im just letting my emotions get carried away as usual" she added. "Edward works for the daily profit in England and anything that reminds me of him hurts" Pearl said. It was like it was just Pearl and Adri again back at Hogwarts. Like she could tell him anything.

Adrian let go of Pearl and frowned as he listened to her explain why she was crying. "Oh.. I'm very sorry.. If it's okay to ask, what happened to Edward?" he said in a sympathetic tone, not wanting to upset Pearl any further. "He was your husband, right?" Adrian asked, trying to remember what she had said about him at the Leaky Cauldron a few weeks ago.

"yes" Pearl replied rubbing the bruise on her arm "it was best for me and Arisa to be away from him" Pearl answered simply. She loved Edward but she loved Arisa more and she would never put her in danger. "Edward had problems" she added.

"Oh.. Adrian said, looking down at his shoes. He had no idea what to say, or how to help. Adrian had never been in any situation like that. As he looked up, his eyes landed on Pearl's arm, a dark bruise prominent against her light skin. "Pearl!" he gasped, taking her arm lightly. "What happened to your arm? That wouldn't happen to be part this Edward's problem, would it." he said sternly, an angry frown appearing on his face. Although he didn't think of Pearl that way, he was still very protective of her. They had been very close as children, after all. Adrian couldn't let a creep like that get away with hurting his friend, his little sister.

"Yes, Edward would come home drunk and mad" Pearl replied. She looked at Adrian, he was angry. She felt a little better knowing someone cared. "I always managed to get Arisa hidden away before he found me thank god" Pearl added "but he started searching the house for her hidding place and i had to get her out of there" she wiped her eyes again.

Adrian's angry expression deepened as he realised that the situation was much worse than he'd thought. He gritted his teeth, not sure what to say, he didn't want to upset Pearl any more than she must already be. "For how long? Did he get caught?" Adrian asked quietly, to stop himself from yelling.

"11 years" Pearl said simply "no he wasnt caught, i think he even has a new girlfriend" Pearl said with a snarl. "the poor thing is probably being beaten right now" she was getting angry her self. How could he do that to anyone? The worst thing was, Arisa was so much like her father. Did she get from Edward too?

"You have to tell the police, Pearl! Let the pig understand that he can't treat anyone like that, especially his wife and daughter!" Adrian said, shaking his head. He thought about what must be happening to Edward's new girlfriend, and what would happen to the next, and the one after that. "You have to put an end to it. For you and Arisa, but also for him. If he learns from his mistakes, then he can be a better husband in he future." Adrian said, looking up at Pearl, unsure what else he could do.

"they wouldnt be able to stop him, hes very powerful" she said in a hopeless voice. "he dosnt care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants, hes even willing to kill to get away" she snarled. "but if you think thats whats best then i'll try" she sighed. She always listened to Adri she didnt know why but she knew she could always trust him no matter what. "thank-you for being here for me" she said and gave him a small smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back