Some Guy Time

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius walked down to the lawn with Prince after History of Magic class was over to just hang out. It had been a while since the two of them got to chat alone with their usual female companions Toni and Hoshi. Scorpius sat down under a shady tree and looked over at Prince. "So what did you think of our first lesson?" Scorpius asked with a smirk. It had been pretty basic and introductory.

Sam walked alongside Knight onto to the grounds. He was glad to get out of the castle it felt like he had been in there ages. When they reached a tree Sam sat down opposite him, "Erm..yeah. She seems nice enough. Though I am dreading that subject. I can imagine it getting pret-ty boring." he sighed. It was History of Magic and Astronomy that he was dreading the most. But he shook that out of his mind quickly.

Scorpius chuckled as Prince expressed how he thought it went. "I feel the same way too. Though I'm hoping she'll teach us something interesting so maybe it won't be so horrible," he said shrugging. He picked some grass off the ground absentmindedly and said, "The worst part about this first week is that all our first classes are going to be like this one was, just getting to know each other type stuff," he said rather bored of the idea already.

Sam sighed but he nodded regretably. "I know, its gunna suck! But I mean I suppose we won't be saying that when the assignments are piling up in a couple of months." he laughed softly. "Have you been on the quidditch pitch yet? Its well wicked!" he said excitedly, he was on it once before with his Hufflepuff friends, he enjoyed it a lot.

Scorpius laughed when Prince pointed out they wouldn't be saying that once assignments started piling in. "Tell me about it," he said with a chuckle. "What classes have you got this semester?" he asked, wondering if they had more classes together.

Then he asked about the Quidditch pitch and he said, "Sadly, I haven't had a chance yet. I bet it's amazing though!" He was excited to break in his new broom that was standing proudly beside his bed up in the tower. "Who did you go with?" Scorpius asked, Toni instantly popping into his mind.

Sam tried to remeber the timetable that was hung on the notice board, "History of Astronomy, tommorow.." he groaned, "Defence Against the Dark Arts, thats on thursday. We all having flying on friday and um....what was it." Sam knew he was missing a subject. "Transfiguration." he clicked his fingers once he got it. "What about yourself?"

"Yeah its brilliant, I imagined crowds in the stadium when I got there. It was like something from the World Cup matches...except the World Cup had a much bigger stadium." he added quickly. "Oh I went with some of the Hufflepuff's, some were already on the team. It was really good, we played a bit of a match aswell." he smiled proudly.

Since Sam was with Knight alone he was going to mention Toni. But that would start things awkward. He decided he would mention it later unless the subject came up.

Scorpius laughed when Sam groaned about Astronomy. "Hey man, I'm actually looking forward to that class," he said through his laughs. "Plus we have each other in that class, so I'll keep you awake," Scorpius added jokingly. After Sam finished Scorpius tried remembering his own schedule, "Let's see..." he started while squinting to remember. "Well there's History of Magic with you guys on Mondays, Astronomy with you guys again tomorrow, Charms with Slytherins, that should be fun with Hoshi and Toni," Scorpius said smirking, though he had a feeling they didn't like each other so he didn't know how that would work out. "And lastly, Herbology with Gryffindors. Oh and Flying of course." Scorpius grimaced when he spoke of Herbology. Now that was a class he wasn't looking forward to.

Then as they talked about Quidditch it made him more excited to finally go out and try his broom. "A match against each other?" Scorpius asked with a smile. "Nice. Have you figured out when tryouts for teams will be?" Scorpius asked. He wanted to make sure he had enough time to practice before then.

Sam laughed loudly. "Ha! Hoshi and Toni? Are you out of your mind?!" he teased, he knew for a fact Hoshi and Toni hated each others guts. But there was the Toni subject, nows your chance he told himself.

"No news yet. They said the didn't really set up matches last year. So I don't know when the tryouts are? I'll keep you updated though." he said kindly and punched Knight's arm jokingly.

"Since we were talking about Toni..?" he said slowly and took a pause, he decided he would just say it. " You don't mind that we're y'know...dating?" he cringed saying this. "Tell me honestly."

Scorpius laughed loudly along with Prince. He shook his head as he said, "Yeah, I had a feeling they didn't like each other. Any idea why?" Scorpius turned and asked him. He simply nodded when he said he'd keep him up to date. So far Prince was his only news for Quidditch seeing as he hadn't met any Ravenclaw Quidditch players.

When Prince asked if he was okay with him and Toni dating his heart beat faster for a moment. He didn't know how to answer, yet he didn't want to have this long pause before he did just in case it freaked Prince out. Scorpius sighed and decided to be honest with him, he was his best friend after all. "Well, when I first found out, it was a little weird because we all hang out, so I didn't want to be the third wheel," Scorpius said with a grin. "And I was a bit shocked for some reason, though I should've seen it coming. You guys clicked instantly," Scorpius said quietly, looking out into the distance. He didn't mean to make Prince feel bad or anything.

Sam laughed while saying this as it was so Hoshi, "Well she tried to hit Toni..but this guy..Jake?.. or something saved her from the hit.." Sam wasn't going to get invovled in their "friendship?"

Sam nodded, how could he not feel weird about it? "But.." Sam said once Knight had finished, this was probably going to be awkward. "...do you like her?" Sam made it clear in the way he said "like", that he mean't like.

"Wait, Hoshi tried to hit Toni?! Why??" Scorpius asked with a shocked look on his face. He smiled slightly because that was crazy to hear, though he knew it wasn't something to smile about so he wiped it off his face.

Scorpius gulped lightly when Prince asked him the question he didn't want to answer. It had been hard enough for Jenna to get it out of him, he didn't know how he'd manage to choke it out to his best friend who was dating her! He avoided Prince's eyes as he continued looking out into the distance and nodded his head slowly to answer his question. "But I won't anymore!" Scorpius added quickly right afterward. He was trying to do that, not like Toni anymore. He told himself he'd focus on school this year, like a real Ravenclaw aught to.

"I know yeah.." Sam's face was serious. "I dunno I think they just got on each others nerves." he shrugged trying to get off the topic.

Sam's eyes widened when he heard it. He already had a supision but wasn't too sure. "Wait...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done anything." Sam felt horrible this was his best friend. His face showed the gultiness. "You can't just not like someone." Yes he was only eleven but Sam did know that much.

Scorpius knew this was coming, the guilt. Sam felt guilty for being with Toni, Scorpius felt guilty for making Sam feel bad about being with Toni. "There's no need to be sorry," Scorpius said quietly. "It's not your fault at all," he said seriously while looking at him. "I wouldn't want to stop you two from being together. It was pretty obvious you liked each other," Scorpius said honestly. It was his own fault anyway. He never told anyone he like Toni, how were they supposed to know? He wasn't exactly the best at showing it either. "I know...but I can try," Scorpius said in regards to not liking someone. It was true too. He was trying not to like Toni because if he did, he'd ruin everything. He preferred their friendship over anything, and that was good enough for him.

Sam sighed, "Still...I am sorry." he muttered and began picking strands of grass. He shook his head, "I just wish I knew sooner..." Sam said, if he had..maybe no of this would've happened. "You don't have to do that, I can...y'know..." Sam wasn't going to say it, he didn't want, really didn't want to. But Knight was his best friend.

Scorpius looked at Prince with a puzzled look when he said he'd do something. Do what? Scorpius wondered. Then something came to mind, he thought Prince was saying he'd break up with Toni. Scorpius shook his head vigorously. "No," he said firmly. He would never do that to his two best friends. If that wasn't what Sam was talking about, which he slightly hoped he wasn't because he didn't want him to even think about that, then Scorpius would sound pretty silly right now.

Sam looked at how definite he was not to break up with Toni. "But..." Inside Sam was relieved that he didn't want them to brake up, he knew it was quite selfish of him. "I don't want things to be hard on you.." he said to him concerningly.

Scorpius shook his head. "Don't worry about me," Scorpius said with a small smile. "I'm a Ravenclaw, I should be focusing on school anyway," Scorpius said with a grin trying to lighten the mood.

Sam smiled, "Still...your still my best mate." Sam was glad the subject was passing. He was glad he got to talk to him like this. "How is Ravenclaw life for you?" he asked.

(( You can bring Mike in now ;) ))

Scorpius returned the smile and began laughing at what he was going to say next because he knew it was so cheesy. "You two are my best friends, and if being together makes you happy, then I'm okay with it."

He continued laughing at himself and when Sam asked about Ravenclaw Scorpius shrugged. "It's nice, a little too quiet for my liking but overall nice. I am not the book smart kind of Ravenclaw that most are. I'm more of the 'I want to know everything' kind of Ravenclaw, as in, 'I want to know why that place is out of bounds'," Scorpius said with a mischievous smile.

[I already PMed him so he can join. :) ]

Sam laughed, "Mate now your in a chick flick!" He teased him, though he was glad that he officially was cool with it.

Sam nodded understandingly. "Yeah, speaking of out of bounds. We have to go into that forrest of ours." he grinnned pointing at the forbidden forrest in the distance. It was another adventure and Hoshi would have to be in it.

A mischievous grinned appeared on his face and he nodded, "Definitely!" They had already tackled the Borely Mansion with Toni. Next would be the Forbidden Forest with Hoshi. What a pair of daring girls they knew he thought with a smirk. "Hey..." Scorpius began quietly. He didn't know how to say this, and he felt a little silly too but he figured he'd ask his best friend. "Does Hoshi like me?" he asked awkwardly.

"Excellant!" Sam said excitedly he was looking forward to it already. Then Sam listened to the next question but wished he hadn't. He inhaled deeply, "As you were honest with me..." he paused. "Yeah..I think she does.." Sam said carefully. "Don't tell her I told you!" he said pleadingly.

Scorpius chuckled a little nervously as he picked some grass from the ground to keep himself occupied. "I won't say anything," he said with a smile. He sat in silence for a bit as he replayed things in his mind. "Do you think she only likes me because of..Toni?" he asked quietly. He remembered the way she had been acting at the garden and wondered if she only did it because she knew he liked Toni.

Sam smiled in a way of saying thank you. "Nah. I may be no good at reading girls but, I can just tell. By the way she acts around you than they way she acts around me. She likes you alright." Sam said nodding his head. Sam wondered what Knight would do about this.

Scorpius laughed as Prince explained that she liked him. He pondered the idea for a bit but didn't know what to think of it though now he was sure it'd be on the back of his mind the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back