Closed Some Friendly Advice

-godmod approved-

Jordie almost felt like his heart was just going to flutter out of his chest like a hummingbird and just fly away without him. He blushed deeply, the list falling in his lap completely forgotten. "What? R-really?" He couldn't help but ask. Ares thought he was cute? Ares thought he was cute? Ares thought he was cute? Ares thought he was cute? The thought ricocheted around in his mind, and with his poor impulse control, Jordie didn't realize what he was doing until he'd already cupped Ares' cheek in his hand and leaned in, kissing the older boy gently. At that point, Jordie was already too far gone to be embarrassed. Either Ares kissed him back, or Jordie was about to get dumped onto the floor.

Ares nodded as Jordie questioned it. Truthfully he was a little embarrassed for saying it, but he was glad he didn't miss the opportunity. As Jordie grabbed his cheek and began kissing him, Ares let him, kissing him back without hesitation. They never talked about their kisses, but boy was Jordie good at it. His lips were soft and it felt like time froze as Ares put his arms around the Hufflepuff, pulling him closer. Ares couldn't help but be a little curious however. He pulled away gently, but kept close to his lips. "Hey Jordie, can I ask you something?" he said, not bothering to wait for a response. He didn't want to chicken out and he thought it was the perfect opportunity. "I saw you have a dying pink rose in your pocket. Is that from Valentine's Day? Why do you still have it?"

Jordie melted against Ares as the boy kissed him back, sliding one hand into Ares hair and leaving the other on his chest. He was completely lost in the moment, not wanting it to end. It was so easy to pretend Ares cared when they were like this, Jordie didn't want it to end. He almost whined when Ares pulled away to ask a question. Jordie didn't answer immediately, instead stealing another kiss. After a few moments though, he sighed, pulling back just a bit and nuzzling in against Ares' neck. He reached into his jacket, pulling out the rose and the note.

He held them in his palm, running his thumb gently over the stem. "I... I don't know," He answered softly. "Someone sent it to me, but... they didn't sign it," He admitted gently. He bit his lip, sighing again and sliding both back into his jacket. "I just can't let it go. Sometimes... sometimes I think, if I just knew who sent it, I'd just marry them right off, no questions asked," He joked lightly, but his smile faded and he curled up closer to Ares. "But then... then sometimes I'm just scared. That its just a mean prank from my ex." He couldn't help the way his eyes teared up, and he sniffled.

"I don't... I've never had any luck with love," He was twisting his hands in his lap. "I've caught feelings and confessed three times now, and every time, it just... twice, neither of them even wanted me, but like, why would they, I'm not- I'm nothing, of course they didn't- but, but Nate... we started dating, and I thought we were happy, I thought- I thought I was a good boyfriend, but- but I'd just met you, and I'd been spending time with Wes, and Nate- he just got so mad, for nothing, he tried- he tried to make me choose, and I wouldn't, so he- he just-" Jordie hiccupped, and broke down, burying his face in Ares' neck and sobbing.

Jordie clung to the other boy, his angst and worry and sadness over everything just spilling out of him. "What's wrong with me?" He finally whispered, sniffling and struggling to pull himself together. Why wasn't he enough? Why had Ares refused to bring up anything? This was how it had always been, really, why had he ever expected anything different? Jordie didn't mean anything, he knew he didn't, he was just some casual thing, Ares didn't actually like him. Jordie knew he should just walk away, but he couldn't. He loved Ares, so much, but... Jordie was scared.

Ares watched as Jordie pulled out the rose and the note. It definitely was the one that Ares gave him, but he certainly wouldn't admit it. He was scared that Jordie didn't feel the same way, especially since he had many other friends around him who were probably a better choice than himself. The Slytherin couldn't help the slight smile as Jordie said he would marry the person who sent it. Ares wanted to tell him then and there that it was him and confess his love, but before he was even able to open his mouth, Jordie brought up his ex, and Ares sat back just a little, watching helplessly as Jordie began to cry. Ares was never usually one to cheer up other people but figured it would be too awkward if he didn't at least try. "Nothing is wrong with you. You're perfect." Ares said, taking his hand and squeezing it reassuringly. Something in Ares couldn't help but believe that Jordie still wasn't over his ex, and the thought of that disappointed him. He kept it inside however. A chance with Jordie was definitely further than he thought and perhaps all of this meaningless affection was leading nowhere.

Jordie nuzzled impossibly closer into Ares, gripping at the other boys shirt. He sighed, a little calmer, but still visibly upset. He laced his fingers through Ares', hiccupping a little. "I don't even- I don't even care about him anymore, he was so mean, how could he do that?" Jordie grimaced. "I just... how could I be so stupid? He was seeing some other girl right away, like- I never even mattered, I don't-" Jordie sighed. "I'm just... I'm not good. No one is ever gunna want me," He sniffled, shutting his eyes and trying to hide himself in Ares' familiar warmth. It felt almost silly, baring his heart to Ares like this, when Ares was part of Jordie's problem. But he just couldn't lie to the other boy. Ares meant everything to him.

Ares simply nodded as Jordie continued to rant about his ex. Truthfully Ares was no longer listening. He was mostly upset that Jordie was still caught up over the past, even if Jordie did say that he didn't care about him anymore. Ares just didn't believe it. He kept his mouth shut however, letting Jordie hold his hand. "Well... I can see why someone would want you at least, if that means something." Ares told him, a little unsure if that was going to make him feel any better. Ares was definitely not good at this.

Jordie was torn at Ares' words. Was he even paying attention? His heart twisted painfully in his chest. Of course... for just a minute, he had thought that maybe... but no, that had been silly. He was sitting here trying to bare his soul, tell Ares his insecurities... Jordie bit his lip, pressing further into Ares for a few more moments and trying to savor the warmth. Uncle James had always told him that communication was important, but maybe Jordie was just projecting his wishful thinking into wanting Ares to love him. He sighed heavily, pressing a gentle, longing kiss to the base of Ares' neck, before carefully extracting himself from Ares lap.

"I'm sorry," he managed, wrapping his arms around himself. "I shouldn't... when I'm with you I just- I'm sorry," he sighed and looked away, biting his lip. He started to walk away, but paused as he reached the back of the chair. "I don't- I don't kiss anyone else," he spoke gently. "I just- I get so caught up with you, I- I thought... it doesn't matter, you don't- I didn't-" Jordie sighed, scrubbing a hand over his face. He offered another quiet apology and tried to make a swift exit with the little dignity he had left.

Ares couldn't help but be a little taken aback as Jordie quickly took himself off his lap. He raised an eyebrow as Jordie struggled to find words. "When you're with me... w-what?" he said, confused at everything he was saying. At first he thought it was going to be bad until Jordie confessed that he didn't kiss anyone else. It was relieving to hear him say that as Ares had been wondering it for quite some time. Did that perhaps mean Jordie liked Ares, just like Ares liked Jordie? But how was that possible when Jordie wasn't even over his ex yet? How was that possible when he hadn't even mentioned the first time they kissed? As Jordie left the room, Ares just continued to sit there, a little annoyed that Jordie didn't even have the decency to explain what he was going on about. Now it just left Ares confused and he didn't know what to think anymore. How could Jordie do this to him? Scoffing, Ares picked up his bag and left the room, heading straight back to his dormitory to lock himself away for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back