Solitude

Laura O'Connor

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2inches. Core - Tail hair of Charmed Newt
The steps up to the North Tower were long and steep. A lazy or tired person wouldn't be tempted to come up here, unless it was for a very good reason.

Perfect, Laura had thought to herself as she climbed the high, cold stone steps. No-one will bother me up here.

Finally, she reached the top. Laura looked out the window. There was a breathtaking view of the lake. She sat down on the ledge, and gazed out, not really taking in what she was seeing.

The evens of the past week had overwhelmed Laura, and this was one of the reasons why she came up here. The other was that she simply wanted to get away from the world, from her friends, from - from EVERYTHING. She just wanted to be alone. Just how it used to be.

Just how it used to be.

She had changed so much since she had started at HNZ. Now she was a social butterfly. Sometimes she wished it could be so different.

Brian had left the Ravenclaw Commonroom, trying to get away from basically everything and everyone. He missed not having Andromeda around and the fact that Zazuka was dating a Slytherin made things almost unbearable, so he decided to go somewhere he hadn't been before and perhaps practice some defensive magic or charms. He did always enjoy doing that even though he couldn't over the summer break.

Walking up the North Tower he really didn't think he would see anyone, however he was wrong. There was a girl that he'd never seen before therefore she probably wasn't a Ravenclaw. Brian tried to wonder whether he should stay or leave when Athena flew towards him, he enjoyed seeing his owl since he hadn't for a while but was surprised to see that she had a letter, it was from his parents. He simply conceded to putting the letter up and not reading it.

The rustling of an owl's feathers made Laura look up. She saw a boy- possibly a second or third year - smiling at an owl. It was probably his. She made a mental note to visit her own owl soon.

"Umm, hi..." she murmered. She just might make a new friend, if she was lucky. Unfortunately, luck didn't seem to favour her lately.

As Athena flew away Brian heard the girl speak saying 'hi' she kinda remided him of himself when he was on the train last year. Before he met Andromeda of course, ignoring everyone else and just reading his grandfather's journal. Brian didn't really know what he should do but then thought about what Andy would've done as he regretted not saying goodbye to her.

Andy would've been as friendly as possible and considering that most of his friends seem to have left him for Slytherin's he might as well make some new ones. "Hi" Brian said somewhat cheerfully as he bowed as low as he could "Brian Edrich Getathorn XIX, how are you today!" Brian said trying to be as polite as his parents had always told him to be and hopefully making her feel less shy.

"Brian Edrich Getathorn XIX, how are you today!"

Laura smiled at Brian's politness. It made her feel more cheery.

"Hi Brian. I'm Laura, Laura O'Connor, and I feel like I could do with a break from my friends," she said, sounding more and more like herself again.

Brian smiled a bit "I know the feeling all too well" he said brightly "So what house you in?" he asked realising how rude that might sound, what whould he do if she said Slytherin? walk away? Though she didn't look or sound like any Slytherin's he'd met before so he was pretty sure she was either a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff.

Brian smiled brightly, a Gryffindor like Andy, she kinda remided him of her as well. "I'm currently the only Ravenclaw Male!" Brian said proudly even though it had to be more humorous than proud to state that your gender only has one smart student.

"It's alright I guess, get my own dorm!" Brian said with a cheeky smile "so how's it in the Gryffindor Common room" Brian said smiling.

Isabella stormed out of the dungeons after the huge fight with Henri, Patricia, Aiden, Theodore and Alyssa. She couldn't stand to be in the common room or her dormitory because she didn't want to talk to anyone right now, especially those she'd just fought with. Trying to think of a place where they wouldn't find her, she thought of the Seventh Floor Corridor, but was afraid Aiden would see her and she didn't want to see him either.
Isabella finally spotted the North Tower and since she'd never been there before, she decided to go there. As she made her way to the top, she couldn't help but start to cry slightly. She hadn't done that all year and certainly didn't want anyone else to see her do that, so she was hoping to be alone.
Unfortunately, at the top were two other people. Isabella immediately stopped sobbing and just stood there unable to speak.

Brian turned as he saw the other girl appear she seemed quite sad "let me guess, a Slytherin hurt your feelings?" Brian said a bit angrilly who knew the Slytherins weren't nice people and that they tended to make others feel bad.

Isabella felt a touch of sympathy at the girl for greeting her so she smiled weakly at her and returned the greeting, "Hi."
Then the boy that was standing there said something rudely and Isabella's face quickly turned cold. "I am a Slytherin," she said to him, narrowing her eyes. But then she sighed and said, "You're right though."

When the girl said she was Slytherin Brian was more than a bit taken aback he hadn't expected that, he immediantly responded with the same coldness "of course I'm right!"

"Let me guess, you're a Ravenclaw right? Your type always thinks they're right," she said rolling her eyes. She had come here to cool down, not get into another fight, and this boy was making her mad all over again! Then the girl told them to calm down and Isabella took a deep breath to keep her anger from boiling.

Brian noticed Laura pull out her wand, but then heard her voice saying to 'cool it'
Brian realised that they all came up here to get away from people and yet they seemed to be finding more people, It was interesting at best and Brian really didn't feel like getting into any trouble. "Yeah I'm a Ravenclaw and she's a Gryffindor" he said not polite but not rudely either, then he added trying to be somewhat nice "we came to get away from our houses you?"

Isabella walked over to the edge of the tower and sat down, pulling her knees up to her face. "The same actually," she said quietly, not facing them. "Yes, I'm Isabella, how did you know?" she asked, turning around to face them, and finally introducing herself.

Brian bowed as he always did but not quite as low as normal "Brian Edrich Getathorn XIX" he said somewhat quickly. He was trying to be polite but not too polite. "what happened with you?" he asked somewhat tentively.

Aiden walked out of his common room rather frustrated with everything, Henri had tried to attack Isabella and Alyssa and would've been pretty successful if Bella hadn't pulled Aly down. Aly had thrown a spell Aiden hadn't even seen before and he had read pretty well everything on hexes and curses just didn't know how to preform them because his father had never allowed him to.

Aiden was walking around when he found himself in the North Tower when he heard two familiar voices and he groaned, he didn't want to see people he knew he wanted to be as alone as possible, but that wouldn't happen. Aiden trudged foward none the less, surprised to see Bella and Laura talking with some Ravenclaw. Aiden scowled at the Ravenclaw. And looked out the window hoping they wouldn't try to speak to him.

Isabella half smiled. She meant to be nice to Laura, but she was still in a bad mood and Brian hadn't made it any better. "Nice to make your aquiantances," she said sweetly. Then Brian asked what happened with her and she sighed. She turned back to look at the sky towards her and said, "It just started out as a simple argument with a Hufflepuff because she bumped into me, and ended up with one of my good friends, well, ex-good friends, hexing me and my other best friend, so naturally, we responded in the same way," she said quietly. She decided to leave out details in case they didn't want to know and asked, "What happened with you two?" She was curious. She thought she could hear someone else approaching but she didn't turn back to look.

"Well, it was a pretty good day to start off with, but then my boyfriend Kyle broke up with me for absolutely NO reason, and that kind of shook me up." Laura sometimes tended to rant.

She noticed someone else enter out of the corner of her eye, but said nothing. If he wanted to say hello, he would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back