Solitary Sunday

Andrea Kallos

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Andrea Kallos often wondered what a second year like herself was supposed to be doing on a Sunday afternoon. Her Sunday's were spent exploring the castle and its grounds as she found that now, even in her second year, there was so much to discover, the legendary Room of Requirements being one of them. But these activities were solitary, seeing as the rest of her year were being pansy's doing whatever boring thing that they did on Sunday afternoons. But Andrea wouldn't have wanted it any other way. For as long as she could remember she was alone. She had no brothers or sisters, she never had actually met her father and with her mother being depressed half of the time she spent all of her childhood alone. It was what made coming to Hogwarts so bizarre. There were people everywhere, all of the time and what more, she actually had someone she could call a friend. It was an entirely different ball game. However, being alone on Sundays had become something so accustomed to Andrea that she didn't even bother looking for Oscar because frankly, she enjoyed it.

Ignorant of the beautiful weather that graced the students of Hogwarts, Andrea found herself, inside the castle, on the seventh floor to be exact. For the last half hour Andie had imprudently moved each portrait that lined the high marble walls, looking for some sort of secret doorway. Surely, there had to be a secret passageway behind at least one of the portraits, was the original thought that had caused her to begin this search the previous Sunday. But as much as she enjoyed hearing the paintings shout abuse at her in all sorts of languages she was growing tired of the mission. There was only so much blank marble wall that she could look at really. So as she levitated a long painting of some important wizard back onto its portion of wall she gazed down to the bottom of the corridor. It was a long stretch, with paintings that lined it all the way to the end. Her slender fingers tapped against her wand, ignoring the fact that the pompous wizard in the painting was still angrily discussing her with the witch in portait next to him. It was times like these were she appreciated, non-moving paintings back in the muggle world. "How about you just tell me where the secret passage is, huh?" She snapped silencing the wizards. However the wizard refused to even look at Andrea and instead continued on writing his letter, which, Andie could only presume, was something he had been doing for the last hundred years. "Fine then..." She grumbled under her breath and teared her eyes away from the painting. With a swish and flick from her wrist, the smaller painting next to the scribe levitated off its spot only to reveal some more blank marble. But Andrea wasn't someone who gave up on things even though she may have, along the way, lost interest in them. Seeing the greyish blank wall behind the painting every time, only fueled her to carry on searching. There had to be some sort of passage in the castle because what other reason would there be to cover the walls entirely with paintings of obnoxious old wizards?
<i></i>

Sunday afternoons were always quite enjoyable for Kynleigh. Most people left the confines of the common room which usually meant that the second year had plenty of time to spend on her own without others disrupting her. All other times the petite brunette lived to be surrounded by other people, but on the last day of her weekend she much preferred to spend her time alone doing whatever it was she felt like doing. This particular Sunday however, Kynleigh found herself restless so simply sitting tucked away in one of the overstuffed armchairs simply would not do for her.

After stowing away her book back in her dorm and then giving her pet cat, Sourpuss, a mid afternoon snack the Gryffindor headed back down to the semi-empty common room and out of the portrait hole, her wand tucked securely in her back pocket. She had just exited when she heard a frustrated voice. Turning she saw a girl who was in the same year as her, though she couldn't quite remember her name. Never one to shy away from meeting new people, Kynleigh meandered on over to where the girl was standing with her wand drawn. Upon closer inspection she saw that the girl was levitating portraits from their mounted place on the wall. With a shrug the brunette pulled out her own wand and began to do the same thing. With curiosity in her voice she leaned over and asked, "So what is it we're looking for exactly?"

After hanging that same painting back in it's original position, Andie turned to the next painting, her wand out and ready, only to find that it was already being levitated. If there was one thing that had to be known about Andrea Kallos was that she was a practical thinker. She didn't jump to conclusions, so this case was no different. She didn't jump to the conclusion that this was some ghost or any rumoured poltergeist, it didn't hop off the wall from its own accord either. No, there was someone else on the seventh floor corridor with her. Andrea didn't say a word, she didn't bother to turn around either to see who it was who joined her - or the way she saw it - disturbed her.

Andrea still didn't speak until after she took a few steps down the corridor, passing by the levitating painting and standing in front of the next portrait in line. It was a handsome Quidditch player in bright gold robes with a Quaffle tucked tightly under his arm. As Andrea studied the painting she finally spoke, "I am searching for a secret passageway.....or just a secret in general." Placing strong emphasis on the 'I' made her words sound cool and harsh where in fact, that wasn't her intention at all. Another thing that had to be known about Andrea Kallos was that she didn't lie, she spoke her mind in all situations, no matter how harsh or inappropriate the truth was. With a slow turn of her head, Andie's grey eyes latched onto the familiar face who was standing closeby, however a name didn't come so quickly, in fact, it didn't come at all. Katie....Kaitlyn... her mind ran over the possible names but none of them seemed to fit. With her eyes still on her fellow second year, Andrea's wand hand swished and flicked and she quietly murmered the incantation. It was only when she heard the familiar sound of the portrait unlatching from the wall that she turned to face some more blank marble.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm sorry for the late reply! With Christmas and all going on...I just got busy :doh:

Kynleigh returned the portrait to it's place on the wall and cocked her head to the side as she took her wand and levitated yet another portrait from the wall, though she still wasn't sure what it was she was looking for it was giving her a bit of a giggle to see the people in the pictures getting their knickers in a knot for being tossled about. At first the other girl didn't even acknowledge Kynleigh's presence, but after a moment or two she finally spoke.

The way the girl had emphasized the word 'I' would have ticked off most people, sending them walking off in the opposite direction, but not Kynleigh. The second year thrived on making new friends and if her fellow classmate wanted to do it the hard way then she had no objections to it. She'd stay here levitating portraits in silence for the remainder of the day if she had to. Setting the current portrait back on it's place on the wall, the brunette looked over and said, "Secret passageway? I've heard they're all over the school, though I've never found one myself. And as for just a secret in general...well, I've never told anyone this before, but...I can't whistle." She grinned sheepishly before turning her attention back to the wall of pictures before her. Most people found her to be quite odd at the best of times, but it never really seemed to phase her much. Muttering the incantation once more she lifted yet another portrait from the wall only to reveal more stone. "Rats...nothing there."

OOCOut of Character:
Not a problem...I'm a bit under the weather right now so it may take me a day or two to reply for the next week or so. Oh, and just a thanks to you and Emzies...I'm now hooked on Skins. Sid=♥

Andrea remained with nothing but a passive expression on her face even though, she was slapped once more with blank marble and was now getting a bit irritable. Although it still did intrigue her as her mind quickly wandered to the fact that whatever secret Hogwarts was hiding must be quite large seeing as it did a bloody good job, hiding it. Andie shuffled further down the corridor to the next portrait with a fresh batch of enthusiasm but still her expression remained blank, bored almost and as her classmate told her she couldn't whistle, Andrea turned to face her just for a moment and said in a voice that dripped in sarcasm and sarcasm alone, "Funny."

With the incantation spoken again and with a flick of her wrist, the next painting came off the wall, Andrea peeked around the portrait only to reveal more nothing and quickly, she returned it back to its spot and moved onto the next painting. A deafening silence echoed through the corridor as nothing was spoken between the pair of Gryffindors. However the silence was quickly broken as Andrea turned back to the girl, "I've a fear of butterflies." She didn't know why she was sharing such a secret with a girl who may aswell have been a perfect stranger to her, but she guessed, she may aswell return the favour of sharing a secret. Plus, she never actually admitted that to anyone before and maybe, just maybe, her classmate might think her weird enough and bugger off, leaving Andrea alone once more, with her own muddled thoughts, just as she liked it.

OOCOut of Character:
Again, sooo sorry for the slow replying! :tut: But that's so great about skins! Yay, I'm glad you love it! Plus new PB!! Hannah Murray! :wub: Laaave it!

Kynleigh didn't miss the sarcasm from the girls tone, but that didn't hinder her in the slightest. She was going to pursue this the way she did the majority of things in her life...with blissful ignorance and a little bit of patience. The young Gryffindor rarely let other people get under her skin and this girl would be no different. Kynleigh was as friendly as they came and she was going to see to it that by sunset she'd have a new friend or at least a new acquaintance.

Yet again the young girl levitated another portrait from it's resting place on the cold stone wall. The figures in this particular painting shouted several nasty swears in her direction which only caused Kynleigh to cover her mouth and giggle slightly. "So sorry, perhaps you'd like to enlighten us as to whether or not there are any secret passages or the like around this general area. It would perhaps encourage us to kindly stop moving you from your rightful places on the walls," she said as she cocked her head to the side, awaiting a reply. There was a reply, but it wasn't from the people in the portraits. Setting the painting back in it's proper place Kynleigh turned to face the girl. Pondering for a moment she turned back to the wall and lifted her wand levitating another picture and saying, "I 'spose it's a fair enough fear to have. I mean the blasted little things flutter about as if they have no respect of your personal space...literally flying right into your face. Perhaps you're wise in fearing them." After a few moments silence she added, "I have a fear of the color beige. Dreadfully drab color, don't you think? I'm fearful of anything that is so boring and dull."

OOCOut of Character:
No worries...I'm not normally one to get irritated easily with things such a uber fast replies...life gets busy and I understand that completely! And yes...once I started watching Skins and saw Cassie on there my little Kynleigh here immediately popped into my mind so I just had to use her. And then of course I found this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back