Solitary Confinment Lunch

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn

Derrik hungry apparently. His stomach growled like he had never heard it do so before in his life. Then again he still had been going through some changes and this was normal for him. He had gotten quite used to it.

With nothing much to do, Derrik got ready and walked down to the Great Hall. Nothing much had really changed over the past few years. All the photographs still moved with everyone in them, seeing all the new students every year, or seeing old friends.

"Hey why so gloomy kid? Cheer up." There was that voice that he so often heard. It only came to him when he needed it or when it had some type of comment/concern.
"I don't want to talk about it at the moment." The voice died out.

Finally making his way down without knowing it, Derrik took a seat near the door at his table. Familiar faces ran along everywhere. People will smiling faces, others rudely stuffing their faces in, and of course a few couples here and there.

Making a plate of small things, Derrik got the energy to eat. Maybe someone would just randomly appear and make him feel better. Not even after a few bites, Derrik put his fork down and took a drink. He sighed softly to himself.

Arisa was practically running by the time she finally got to the Hufflepuff table. Absolutely starving Arisa grabbed some random things and piled them up on her plate, she had skipped dinner the other night and breakfast that morning. Arisa didn't even notice Derrik until her mouth was stuffed with food, swallowing quickly(almost choking doing so) Arisa tilted her head back and asked, "Hey Derrik, whats wrong? You seem a little blue?"

Derrik was quickly thinking to himself when he heard Arisa. "Oh crap now what?" Derrik didn't know what exactly to say. He knew why he was upset but he hated mentioning it all the time. He thought it made him seem weak.

"I'm alright...just been bummed out really..." he said as he looked away. Of course if he wanted too, he could turn away and let out a tear. Make up some fake lie and say that something got in his eye. But no, he wouldn't do that. He had to try and be stronger. Still as he spoke he kept his head down. If anything, his eyes showed what he truly felt.

Arisa set her fork down and gave Derrik a stern look, "Tell me whats wrong" she said reaching across the table to put a hand on his shoulder. There was something wrong and Arisa wanted to help, Derrik was one of the only people she had left and she would do what ever she could for him, "Need me to beat someone up?" she asked jokingly.

Derrik felt Arisa place her hand on his shoulder. He chuckled a bit when she said if she needed to beat some body.
"No, you don't have to. No one did anything to me."

In all honesty Derrik wanted to say what was on his mind but he was sick of complaining about it. Yea, so what if he liked the kid that much and they were now probably closer than they'll ever be but still...if there was time to toughen up it was time to do so.

Arisa took her arm back and looked at Derrik again, "Well then tell me whats wrong!" she said going half crazy. She would figure this out, even if she had to follow Derrik around for the rest of the day and watch him in his sleep to get him to tell her.

Derrik almost jumped out of his seat.
"Should I really just say it?"
"What ever makes you feel better."

Derrik sighed before he decided to let it out. "Honestly Arisa...why else would I be this gloomy? There is only one person who could do this." Now it was just going to be fun watching her reaction.

"What happened with Tala?" Arisa asked going back to her food. She really wasn't to worried, Derrik and Tala were head over heals for each other, what could be going wrong with them? Unless of course Brodie was being an idiot again, Arisa would go and punch him in the face if he was, she owed him one of those after all.

"Well...nothing really happened....its probably a little bit more of what didn't or hasn't happened." Derrik felt the tears prick at his eyes again.

"I mean I understand he's busy and all...but at least a letter or something...but nope." Derrik took a deep breath to help him relax before he got all emotional.

"And plus all my classes have kept me busy so even I don't have time to go see him." Derrik felt his lip quiver but he bit it before it got any worse.

"Aww, Derrik, I'm sure hes just really busy with classes, every things gunna be okay, you'll see" Arisa said leaning across the table again to give Derrik a hug. Arisa knew how Derrik was feeling, it was a horrible feeling, you felt rejected and used and abandoned. She had felt that all to much last year when Sern left out of no where, but now that he was back they were trying to figure out where they were in there relationship. Arisa wasn't even sure if she still liked him or not.

A hug...how long had it been since he had felt one? Maybe a little too long. Yes it was true that maybe the pair had classes together but Derrik had been so into his studies that he almost never noticed him around. It was almost like watching The Lake House. It's like ...you know that the other person is right there but you can't say anything to them because they're off in their own world. You can yell and scream all you want but somehow they just can't hear you.

Derrik grabbed his cup and drank from it. As he put it down, it began to refill itself. A simple little thing that he had gotten used to. He looked back up.

"Enough about me being a baby...what's up with you?"

Arisa was just about to tell Derrik he wasn't being a baby when he asked what was up with her, "Urg, I don't wanna talk about it" she said smashing her face down on the table just barely missing her plate. Her mother was having a baby, it was awful! Wasn't she a little old to be having kids anyways? And it made it even worse that the father was Remus.

(Word count= 33)

Derrik sighed.
"And you're trying to tell me that nothing is wrong?...what's up?" Derrik was trying to play like reverse psychology here. It would be weird but these two were like brother and sister. Why should anything be kept from each other.

"Well, my moms.... pregnant" Arisa said, although it was slightly muffled from the table she was talking through. Arisa had already nicknamed the kid the devil child, it was unwanted and as Arisa saw it, her mother was trying to replace her now that she had a new husband.

(word count = 47)

"Well congrats to your mother...but why so gloomy about it? You get to have another sister or brother." Derrik couldn't how this could be a bad thing. It could turn out well but then again, after what these first three years had brought, who knew how much the rest of the years would bring.

Arisa looked up at Derrik like he was insane, "Have you gone mad?" she asked, "I didn't even want my mother to get married to Remus and now that there having this kid theres no way there gunna break up, also, I don't want the devil child as my brother or sister, I have perfectly happy with you and Megumi for brothers" she stated looking down at her food with distaste. She had suddenly lost her appetite. "I mean its like now that she has her precious husband shes trying to replace me and now this baby is just proving it" she added.

(word count = )

"What could possibly be so bad about it?"

"I probably have but remember, this is coming from the boy who is an only child. Besides...there is no way that your mom wants to replace you. Maybe she just wants another kid in the family. She thinks you're probably grown up now and just wants to go back in time and have that old feeling when she used to take care of you when you were a baby." Derrik took a drink. His throat was getting dry with all the fast paced talking.

Arisa held back snapping at Derrik that she didn't take care of her as a baby, her father did. Instead she pushed back her plate and looked at Derrik sadly for a moment, "Whatever" she muttered, "sorry I'm complaining to you, you were obviously in need of a talk more then me" she said slightly ashamed. Why do I always have to make myself the center of attention? she thought completely embarrassed.

(word count= 53)

"Arisa it's fine. Maybe we just both need to talk to each other a lot then..." he said as he semi smiled at her. There was no problem with talk about stuff between these two. But maybe they both needed some strength from somewhere deep inside them. Derrik took a sip more of his drink.

"So other than Mum and the new baby, how's everything else?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back