Winnie Calida

Queen Bee

Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Unyielding Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Winnie wasn't sure she needed to meet a professor she'd only have for one semester, and when the class itself was flying, but she knew that it would be rude to not, and she didn't have to spend long here. Winnie knew if the professor spoke, and they were able to figure out that she'd intentionally left the professor out, that the professor might have issues with that. Winnie was done with the history professor and thankfully didn't have to travel far to find the next professor, she was just a few doors down. The slytherin knocked on the professor's door and hoped the woman would be there and not out on the pitch.

Grace had struggled with the first few weeks of the semester ever since Adeline had been born. It wasn't easy for her to head back to work after spending full days with her girl over break. She couldn't believe she was three now, time was flying. Grace would still see her while working, but obviously less. Grace was busy preparing for the first lessons in her offic,e when she heard a knock on her door. Grace rarely got visitors here, but guessed it was a colleague looking for a chat. "Come in!" She called.

Winnie heard the professor invite her in and stepped into the room. She looked at the woman, who was likely mid-late thirties, though pretty. She gave a wide smile. "Hi ma'am, I'm Winnie Calida, I'll be one of your students this semester, and I'm just keen to do well, I know flying is only one semester, so all the more important that I put in good effort. I just had a question or two about how best I can prepare for the lessons, if you have a moment?" Winnie said formally, and politely. Lying a little, as she didn't really think Flying was all that vital, but she wasn't about to get on this woman's bad side.

Grace couldn’t really hide her surprise at the girl’s question. She knew a lot of the first years were really looking forward to flying (though she also knew plenty didn’t), but none had ever come to her before the lessons even started, asking for advice. The girl’s name sounded familiar, and Grace wondered idly if she was in any way related to Professor Calida, though she decided not to ask. “Well, it’s nice to meet you Miss Calida, it’s commendable that you want to be so prepared for the lessons, but they’ve been designed to be doable for everyone, even first year students from muggle households. That means the first lessons are going to cover the complete basics. No extra preparation would be necessary.” She said gently. “Do you hope to join a Quidditch team?” She asked, wondering if that was why she was so eager.

Winnie smiled as the professor praised her, and she wasn't too surprised that the lessons were designed with all in mind, there would be first years just learning that they could fly on brooms. She had thought that was why meeting with this professor of all her professors was silly, but still, it merited doing an introduction at the very least. "Oh, hopefully, I'm not sure I'm good enough, but I'm sure your lessons will help, and if you have any advice or books you'd recommend to help me improve, even before class," she said, though Winnie had no intention of joining a team, her parents had banned her, but she had to seem like she was interested in flying, beyond just wanting to do well.

Grace shook her head slightly. "Unfortunately, no books really prepare you for flying." She said with a small smile, this wasn't the first student who asked for book recommendations to help. "I'm sure you'll do just fine in class." She said, hoping she had reassured her.

Winnie fought the urge to roll her eyes at the professor, she just gave a little smile. "I think so, especially with your guidance," she said, adding the last part and thinking maybe it was a bit too much, but she just gave a smile. "I won't take up more of your time, I appreciate you taking even a little to speak with me," Winnie said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back