Soap box

Lola Caracola

OOC First Name
Guess who? Ana!
Wand
[Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
Lola finished classes and dinner then made her way out to the Entrance Hall. She had asked one of the house elves if they had a small wooden box that they could let her borrow. She climbed on top of it and held the pins in front of her. "WEREWOLVES ARE PEOPLE TOO. SUPPORT THE WEREWOLVES IN THEIR QUEST TO BE NORMAL!" She yelled as almost as loud as if her voice had been magically amplified. She shouted slogans like this while she handed out the pins that she had gotten a hold of earlier.

Lola hadn't gotten the chance to organize a Gryffendor style jump but she could do something like this. The whole thing with the Prefect Rowan had left Lola to think just how unfair people where to people that where different. Not different like her who was of Spanish decent but different like Werewolves and part somethings. Though no one really gave a care if a person was part-veela but all those pretty butts made Lola kind of sick. "SUPPORT THE WEREWOLVES AND STOP THE HARASSMENT OF OUR FELLOW MAGICAL BEINGS!" She yelled. Some stopped and took pins for her just to try and get her to stop yelling while others pointed and laughed at her. Lola couldn't care less about who said what.

It was impossible to ignore anymore the stabbing pains of hunger or the rumbling warnings of his stomach. It was a hell of a day for Minoas. He was starving from the very first moment he had opened his eyes in the morning light. However, the events of that day were so huge that surmounted his need for food. He had skipped his first class for that term to create some cool badges to support his friend Briar and spend almost the whole day, sharing them to other students. Then he met along with Madlyn, Briar by the lake, so that she would tell them how she ended up as a werewolf. He had to rush straight back to class for his potions lesson and although the potion he was trying to brew was smelling really bad, his hunger wasn't discouraged.

When the class was dismissed, he headed immidiately to the great hall, feeling jumpy and restless from starvation. There, he enjoyed some chicken with rice and filled his dish three times until he could not possible eat anything else. As the desserts made their appearance on the table, he decided to leave the great hall and resist to them before eating more, ending up feeling sick. With today's event, the castle was bursting with traffic, students were just everywhere, willing to inform whomever was unaware of the news. That a werewolf student was among them. He was ready to head back to the common room when a yell somewhere in the entrance hall, distracted his attention.

He went closer to see and squeezed within the group of students that had gathered to have a look as well. It was Lola, the fellow gryffindor and Minoas noticed straight away that she was still sharing his pins. "Hey Lola! Not giving up supporting, huh?" he greeted her with a smile before sending a warning look to a group of students that were laughing at her. He was really looking for trouble that day but at the same time he wanted to stick for the people that were with Briar's side. "You brought it to a whole new level." he pointed out about her supporting method, by casting a look at the box which she was standing on. "Are they still working?" he asked her about his pins. He wasn't sure if the magic he had used on them was going to last for long and he offered his own pin to a first year as he had managed to give the rest of them.

"Like a dream Mino, it take more than time to kill your hocus pocus It look like." She said as her face split into a gigantic grin. Lola was of Spanish decent and even after a year at Hogwarts it seemed like her accent was never going to go away. Or her habit for dropping words when she spoke. It was the kind of English that she was used to speaking at home and she didn't want to let it go to easily. Not that she was letting go a lot of her roots to easily which could be judged by the colorful patches on her white bag like dress.

She looked at the kids that where laughing at her and twisted her mouth then held out a pin to them. "ALL STUDENTS DESERVE AN EDUCATION WHETHER THEY HAVE FUR OR NOT" Lola yelled in their direction making them glare at her and walk away. She had genualy shown that she didn't give a flying ninja fig if people laughed at her over this or not. "Well this is the next best thing to organizing a jump with all us Gryffedor getting together and showing whoever did this that Gryffendor stick together." She said looking down at Minoas.

He was a year younger than her but she didn't mind. She had friends from all houses and all year groups. Or at least people that she knew. "There's plenty of room on the box if you want to help me." Lola said with a wide grin. She gave a few pins to passing third years who gave Lola a nod to show that they supported them. Lola was known for being a little loud mouth not that she minded the reputation one bit. She gave the final badge to a passing fifth year making Lola smile wide. "Too late it seem." She said laughing and hopping down from the box.

Minoas flashed back a smile as she complimented his magic. Compliments about his skills were always welcomed, inflating more his pride which wasn't always a good thing for his habit of crossing the boundaries. He realised that Lola was of spanish decent and he wanted to ask her from where she was coming from. He could spot easily an accent as he had himself, a bit greekish one. However, he didn't ask her at least not yet. He wasn't reavealing that easily his own nationality as his family was wanted in his own country. It was a topic that he had decided to share only with people that he could absolutely trust.

Startled, he instinctively closed his eyes as Lola yelled to the group of students that had came to mock her. Although it was an unusual technique to make unpleasant presences to walk away, it had worked. "Ignorance is bliss." he murmured as the group left them alone. "Obviously, you don't require a sonorus charm. You could become a great quidditch referee!" he made a friendly comment, always finding a way to squeeze his favourite sport in any kind of conversation. He nodded as she was telling him that this was the next best way to organize a jump. Everything was helpful. Although Minoas didn't really care if other students were going to accept a werewolf or not among them. He couldn't care less. What mattered to him was that Briar would feel supported, even at least from a couple of people.

"I think they all got that at the end of the day. It worked out pretty well and thanks for sharing my badges again." he thanked her both for her contribution and her support towards his sister. "I strongly believe that whomeve did this was really envious of Briar. Being a wolf sounds so cool, you could do so many things that you can't do in our human form." he said with glazed eyes as he could feel the freedom that one would have in their werewolf form. Of course he wasn't going to pursue and become one but if it was going to happen then he would accept it. Lola's offer to stand with her on the box and help her made him blush on his cheeks and ears.
"Umm, thanks a lot but I'm not really good with public speeches if you know what I mean." he said as he scratched the back of his neck, a common embarrassment sign of him.

He let a large grin form on his face as the last badge was taken by a fifth year. Still he couldn't believe how popular they went into a day. "Shame, perhaps I'll make more tommorow. Although I have to concentrate on classes. My cousin, professor Stratis, was pretty clear last time we all met at that corridor and I don't want to lose more house points like I did last year." he said quite sorry for that incident as it might have taken from gryffindor the house cup last year. "You seem really supportive. Did you know Briar before?" he asked to continue their conversation.

Lola shook her head as she put the box aside to that the House Elves could take it back when they say it. "I knew her as the cool looking Prefect before but now I want to get closer to her. She seems like a nice person and someone that wouldn't mind one bit that I my voice can project even when I don't want it to." She said with a wide grin. At home Lola was constantly being told to quite down then again Lola seemed to have only two volumes, loud and louder. She wasn't working on turning herself down either. She liked the way her voice seemed to carry across a room with out her trying to make it do so.

"That's what it all about too no? Equality for all even if they diffident from us. I mean I heard in America it bad to be a little brown girl but I would stand there just as I stand here." Lola said with her hands on her hips and held led up high. Lola had a very big sense of pride when it came to where she came from. "San Salvador, in case your wondering where I come from. Well where my family comes from I was young when we moved to New Zealand." She added. She knew she had an accent to her voice so she might as well get that one out of the way. She didn't mind people knowing where she came from. That and there was no way of hiding it with the color of her skin and her attitude.

Lola bit her lip as if to remember something then she got it. "Oh yeah I for got to thank you for the compliment. Your not the first one to say that I wouldn't need to be magically modified to contaminated a quiddich game. Not that I would only like to watch and tell people about it. I would like to be part of the action. Give me a Chaser position and quaffle and see if there won't be some blood involved. Lola said laughing. She was kidding about the last part. She knew that while quidditch was a full contact sport that the goal was not to hurt people. She could get over excited when it came to quidditch but it wasn't unlike everything else in her life really.

Minoas grinned as Lola started orally worshipping Briar. "It seems that she has a secret admirer." he commented with a big smile. "It's true she's a nice person. I get along with her pretty good and she had helped me a bunch of times. I own her." he talked respectfully about his sister as she had saved his life once in the past and she had accepted to train him for the quidditch try-outs. Older students were despising younger ones but Briar was different from them.

The young gryffindor was clueless about Lola's statement. He had never been to america and he didn't know if there was some kind of descrimination between the indigenous population and the colonialists. "I really suck when it comes to history but they shouldn't have many prospects in the first place. It was your land, you were first there so I can't see why they believe that they have the right to say that being a brown girl is a bad thing." he said as he could understand from her sayings that she was of native american heritage or something similar. She confirmed his suspicions when she revealed where she was coming from. "Central america. Am I right?" he asked her to confirm the location of her country. They had something in common, they where both from different places on the planet and their families moved in New Zealand. "It must be really tropical there." he said imagining the sea, the sun, palm trees, a perfect summer holiday destination. "My family moved year as well. It's almost four years that we started our new life here. Do you live close to Hogwarts?" he asked her, wondering if her family's residence was located on the north or south island.

The more Lola was talking about quidditch and her preferable post, the more Minoas' grey eyes were sparkling with excitement. "Exactly my thought. I love chaser's position, I hope I'll manage to play this term and score for gryffindor." he said, feeling the enthusiasm pumping in his veins. "You seem a big fan of the game. Have you tried for the team this year?" he asked her as he couldn't recall seeing her at the last try-outs that took place in the first term.

Lola laughed. "By the end of the year I will be confessing love for her." She said jokingly. Lola nodded pointedly to tell Milo to walk with her towards the common room. She might as well get some studying done so the teachers can get off her back. Lola wasn't gay, well she being thirteen years old wasn't really interested in boys yet even though seemed like most girls her age had already had a boyfriend or two and she didn't really see girls in any light other than friends. If it developed Lola would accept it just like she accepted the magic in herself.

"Pureblooded Salvadorean and proud of it. It does suck but at least in San Salvador it's not bad with Spanerds or at least where I came from. San Juan Del Piko is my entire family right there. That's a mountain village by the way, a farming village too. It's small but it's a cool little village." She said now imaging her home. The streets where dirt in some places but it was fun. She had known all the kids in the neighborhood and she would go out and play jacks, Trompo (which was a type of top with a string), or soccer. "My family lives not too close to here because I have to be driven to the Harbor or to Brightstone. I'm muggleborn by the way. Out of a family of eight children I'm the only one with magic. She said very proudly. Her parents had been happy for her and the only one out of family that had a problem with it was one of her brothers that had been convinced that he was meant to be the wizard.

Lola shook her head at the last statement. "I was in detention when try-outs happened." Lola groaned. "Some teachers don't like me coming and starting to talk to one of my friends when I walk through the door but then I had come in about ten minutes late so that might have been the reason." Lola said laughing. She loved quidditch like she loved soccer but it was true why she hadn't made try outs. It wasn't her fault about the talking bit. The noise just seemed to follow her where ever she went and Lola loved it. It meant that she was never really bored but it was just a tad bit annoying to the teachers.

Minoas laughed with the girl's joke. He liked people that had a sense of humour, it was easier for him to socialize with them as he wasn't the most extroverted person in the world. He also found a good thing that she was proud for her heritage and seemed to be loving the place she came from. People that knew their roots and honored them, were for Minoas the most respectful. Again he could familiarize with her as he was coming from a small village as well. "That sounds like a really picturesque place!" he could imagine it as he started following Lola up to gryffindors common room. He had to make up today's skipped lesson as well. "I was brought up as well in a village, on a greek island. Near the beach, close to a gorge formed by two forest-mountains, a really beautiful place. Our house was shadowed by the magnificence of the mountains and at the same time we had a breathtaking view of the open sea." he described the memories he had of the place. He was born on that island but he wasn't originating from there. That was a part of his story that he was telling eventually to people that he trusted. Lola seemed like a trustworthy person but he wanted to learn more about her before saying more.

"Yeah, I have also to be brought to Brightstone. We live on the north island, somewhere in Rangipo desert if you know. Completely different place than home but wildly beautiful." he explained. He hadn't manage to live a lot to their new house. After a year he attended Hogwarts so he was perceiving as his new home the castle. Plus, during holidays his family was spending their time back in Greece so he hadn't manage to enjoy for instance, his new room at their new house. He was again surprised in finding out that Lola had as well a big family. He hadn't that many siblings but including his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, Stratis family was a big covenant.
"Zeus' thunderbolt, you are so many!" he exclaimed, imagining the chaos that would be reigning if her siblings were as naughty as his. "I have only two siblings but they are twins and I think that they will be far better than me in magic." he said afraid of the conclusion of that castle when his brothers were possibly going to attend. His brothers in the age of five, had already showing their magical talents by sending their house on fire magically or turning their living room into a pond. The reason why Minoas' mother had to stop her job and take care of his siblings.

Minoas liked muggle-borns. In fact he liked muggles and their technology, their magic. "My mom is a muggle-born. Really talented. She used to be a healer. So I guess you will be fine. You might prove yourself even better than pure-bloods which most usually happens." he showed to her that he was in favour of muggle-borns. Many wizards and witches didn't have the same opinion like him. He sighed when she confessed that she had a detention during last quidditch try-outs. It was a shame to lose an opportunity like that. "I wouldn't be surprised if the professor who gave you the detention was Styx. I love his subject but I can't stand his presence." he murmured just in case there was someone around them, eavesdropping. "Don't worry. You'll be lucky next year. Maybe we could practice together if you like." he offered as they started ascending the stairs of the grand staircase. He was always up to some extra practice, especially now that the first match was closer than ever.

Living with the Cariacola where was no small thing either. She hadn't been kidding when she had said that San Juan was her entire family. The story when that when her grandfather married her grandfather it joined two of the most prominent families in San Juan. Lola when she lived in San Salvador she was always being told to say hi to a cousin every few feet she walked. Lola liked it that way. Minoas seemed that way too. Too, not the gigantic family part but the part about loving where he came from. It wasn't tragic or unhappy she could tell, his story was of a loving home just like her's. "I would like to see it one day but my mom would have a heart attack if I left the house during the holidays for even one day. My dad wouldn't let me go either. You should have seen how hard it was for her to let me go here. She was all for trying to find a magic school that let go home everyday but dad talked her into it saying that it was good for me to get out and explore the world even though I know that he didn't really mean it all that much." Lola said all in once breath..

Lola laughed at the comment about her siblings. "You have no idea! I have five brothers and two sisters. Both sisters are grown up and married already while only two of my brothers have families now. One of my brothers is kind the black sheep and he has two kids himself which are around my age but of course muggle too. Then there is the family back in San Salvador. I have sooo many cousins, aunts and uncles that it's no wonder we take up an entire village." She said wide eyed. She listened to him talking about his twin little brothers and shook her head. "Don't down on yourself. I mean you made the pins which is cool and you are probably and ace in class. If anything think of it this way, your brothers will have to live in your shadow if they come into Hogwarts." She said with a wide grin. Lola being the youngest had to live in the shadow of her siblings all her life even though some of them where much older than her. She had been the same way in her muggle school that she was here. Loud as all heck and bouncy as anything alive could be.

Lola nodded really fast. "Even if I don't do well in magic I can always be the Quidditch Whipperwill and show them up there. And with your help it will be almost grenteed." She said again the last part as a joke. She really was grateful that someone was going to play Quidditch with her so she wouldn't get rusty over the semester of sitting games out and when the time came she would be cheering all of Gryffendor on. They needed a Qudditch tournament badly it seemed. "I will so be there next year. I'll be careful to be as quiet as mouse until try outs are over. Even if I feel like screaming afterwards." She said with a nod. "Do you like scary stories?" Lola asked suddenly.

Usually Minoas couldn't stand talkative people for a long period of time but it seemed that time with Lola was flowing smoothly. He liked her bubbly personality, she had made him forgot any worries that might have been infested his mind and unfortunately, he had also forgotten that he had to revise for todays lessons.
"I think your father did the right thing. They won't gain anything by not allowing you to live your life. Besides if you don't make your own mistakes, you won't learn." he said, realising that he had starting sounding like his father a lot. "I'm planning to travel around the world when I graduate. It's a life dream and I hope my parents won't argue about that." he shared on of his lifetime aspirations. He always had that urge to discover the unknown and learn new things through experience.

Minoas' grey eyes widened more and more as Lola was referring to her siblings, cousins and her enormous family. He liked his big family but there were those times that he wanted to escape from the noisy relatives and be alone for a while. "Wow, you are a heroine!" he exclaimed quite frankly. "If I was living in a village full of relatives I think I was going to get crazy." he said as he needed his private moments and he could hardly get them when his little brother were around. "Nah, I'm not worried if they'll be better than me. I'm mostly worried about this castle. Last time I visited home they had turned our living room into a rainforest. I can't imagine what they could do here." he said not even trying to come up with any ideas.

"Quidditch Whipperwill...well that will be your nickname from now on." he teased her, liking the fact that she was such a big fan of quidditch. "What's your favourite team?" he asked her excited. Her next question was quite random but randomness was making it interesting after all. "Well, I come from a place where the most scary creatures reside so yes absolutely. Why you ask?" he wondered if she had something specific in her mind.

Lola was happy to see that he was on person that didn't mind her talking as she thought which tended to be a mile a minute. "By then you should be all grown up so they can't really say no can they. Though they can require you to come back for certain things I know my family would want me back for Christmas and Thanksgiving even though Thanksgiving with my family is nuts with a capital N. Food everywhere and none that I can eat right away." Lola said as she put her hands up as if asking the heaven why they did such things to her. Lola loved food among other things. Good food to her was more valuable than gold even though it took gold to buy it. No one could accuse Lola of being any kind of logical.

Lola brought herself back down and smiled wide. "Very girl type answer but I cheer for the Hollyhead Harpies. Girl Power and all that." She said rolling her eyes. She did love the team for what they where but it almost felt like she was required to give that answer. Lola could say all she wanted otherwise but it was just how she was. She didn't comment of the fact that is little brothers had turned the family room into a rain forest because she imagined that she would be going off about it for days. To her that was just so awesome though her mother had once told her that she had made a swamp in the backyard with magic once.

Lola grinned. "Well me and a few friends have the club called the Midnight Society. We go out into the Forbidden Forest and tell stories that either we've heard or made up ourselves. We have some aweful fun trying to scare the stuffing out of each other. I think it would be Amberle's turn next time we get together so I am officially extending an invitation to you to come and see if you want to join us. Though I do have to warn you that in order to join you have to tell a story and we vote you in judged on the story you tell." She said excitedly. She hoped that he would come and tell some of the stories he knew around the camp fire. They all braved the forest in order to hear each other tell the stories that the castle or situations they got into. She was already working her head around something called "The tale of the Misplaced Wolf"

Minoas chuckled as Lola described Thanksgiving with her family. It absolutely reminded him his time with his own family. There was always a loaded table full of food. "We are not celebrating Thanksgiving in my country but Christmas and Easter are big holidays. I couldn't agree more about the term food. The whole family gathers, there is so much food that there are leftovers for a week. My grandmother pressures me to eat a lot, she says that tall people need more food and she always send me cookies with her letters, enough to feed the whole gryffindor common room." he said with a warm smile as he was remembering his grandmother who was an exceptional chef.

Indeed Lola's answer was of a girl type but it was okay, it was a pretty good team to support.
"It's okay. As far as you don't support Woollongong Warrior, everything else is acceptable." he said with a teasing grin. "I support Thundelarra Thunderers. I'm a big fan!" he explained why he didn't like Warrior's. They were both australian teams that had a big rivarly for years. Minoas had joined that hate trip between the two teams but he wasn't that obsessed.

It was the first time that he was hearing of the Midnight Society and he wondered how that had happened as it sounded pretty interesting. The words that caught his attention were 'forbidden forest' and the fact that the society was going to meet in the forest late at night. "That's sounds really good. I would like to come and see how it is. What time is your next meeting and where exactly in the forbidden forest?" he wanted to know as he was finding strange the fact that he had never bumped into them all those nights he was roaming into the forest.

Lola's grin grew if possible wider "Or enough to taime a wild Whipperwill because if you share I will be your best frievend forever." She said somewhat jokenly. She did want to try to the cookies but she wasn't about to forge a frienship over them. Thy tat and she would be Minoas friend regardless of cookies or none. Lola seemed to have a sixth sence when it cme to balls because one of the muggle sports club thought it clever to kick a football twards her only to have the tiny Gryffendor kick it back full force as they got to the staire case.

"Woo boy remind me not to get in your way come time for championchip time. Thunders and Warriors are known to be roudy. Though nothing beats the twenty wizard duel that broke out in Mexico over their Quidditch teams. Evil to say the least." Lola said as if she had done nothing more than pass a notnormally she would shouted a few spanish curses followed by an invatation to start a football scrmage right there in the entrence hall.

There where other things on her mind though. Lola looked to her right then left then dug into her pocket to take out an old map of the grounds. It was fairly accurate seeing as it didn't show the inside only the buildings and forest. "Your mission should you choose to accept it. Sorry muggle joke. Anyway you looking for this clearing right here. I found it one day while exploring myself and thought it would be perfect. It's far enough out of the way that other exlporers won't run into it while close enough to Hogwarts that nothing real will inturupt a good story." She explained while pointing the claring out on the map. Lola and her friends had done a pretty good job keeping the Midnight Society a compleat secret. That was saying something seeing how secrets tended to stay secret around Hogwarts.

"You can have as many as you want. Vanilla cookies with chocolate chips. She keeps sending me every week." he said with a smile as she seemed really enthusiastic. "Don't worry, I'm not that obsessed although I must say that I would like to watch at least one of their matches." that would be the perfect birthday present for him but still they were a few months until then. He wasn't expecting fans dueling for their supporting teams. That was too much for a reaction. "Are you kidding? They actually fought for their teams?" he asked as he was finding the event unbelievable. He wasn't the kind of person that would start a fight over something his was supporting. Everyone had the right to support or believe whatever they desired.

Minoas noticed her conspiring expression and he looked as well around them to make sure that no one was around. Lola took out of her pocket some sort of a map. It wasn't a detailed one of the interior of the castle but it was depicting Hogwarts grounds. He didn't quite catch the muggle joke but he made a mental note of it to use it in the future. He watched carefully on her map the clearing she was indicating. Indeed it was the perfect place for such kind of meeting and it looked like the clearing he had rested with Briar after their encounter with the acromantulas. If it was that one, at least professor Kingsley, knew its whereabouts. "Looks ideal! I'm definately going to attend but first I have to find a good, spooky story." he stated as he was trying to remember one of those scary tales that the kids from his village used to tell when they were all gathering to play outside the village's church. "Are you into any other clubs?" he asked her as she looked like a very active person.

Lola nodded with wide eyes. "Yeah it was nuts. My parents like to keep up with broadcasting from our homeland and since I managed to get magical radio for home I managed to keep the same habit. People went nuts and ended up with some people having to go the hospital because of the curses flying around. Luckily there where no people killed because that would have been just crazy." She said remembering hearing about it on her wizard wireless. She was happy that she didn't go for either Mexican quidditch team or she was sure that she would go just as nuts.

Lola put the map back in her pocket then "I'll put in a message to the others and see who's night it is on Saturday. Saturday so that Sunday we can sleep in. She said while putting her hands behind her back. Lola was tiny for even for a girl. Though she tended to fool most people to thing she was taller because of her booming voice. She could usually make herself heard in a loud room even though she wasn't very often seen. "Muggle Sports club. I like football and basketball the most but I will play baseball from time to time. Oh those three are like Quidditch split up into three. Football and basketball are like what the Chasers do only football is played a lot with the legs while Baseball is like what the Beaters do only they don't hurt anyone unless you're trying to steel a base or something like that." She said. Lola was happy that she had come up with an explanation of how the three games worked.

Lola remembered Minoas saying that his mother was muggle born but that didn't mean that he knew about muggle sports. The fact that he didn't know about Mission Impossible made it clear that his home was more Wizarding than Muggle. "What about you? Are you involved in anything cool around school?" She asked thinking about clubs that she might want to get into. Glee was out seeing as she couldn't carry a tune to save her life and instruments where a mystery to her.

Minoas couldn't believe what fanaticism could cause even between two quidditch teams. "That sounds nasty. I'm glad that there weren't any casualties. I hope when I'll have the chance to watch a quidditch match, I won't experience something similar to this." he commented with a shook of his head. He also hoped that his parents weren't updated for that event, especially his mom. She was too overprotected and she wouldn't let him go to a game if such news familiar to her.

"Great! I'll be there!" he promised, eager to grab yet another opportunity to abandon the castle and venture in the grounds. Minoas was quite tall and that's how he knew about the muggle sport of basketball. Back to his village, he used to play that sport with muggles' youth and he was quite good at it. Still, nothing could compare with the pleasure that quidditch could offer. "I know of basketball, I used to play before coming here." he confirmed that he knew how the sport was processing. He also knew the other two sports. He had played football several times in the past but he wasn't as flawless as in basketball. Baseball was a sport that it wasn't so popular in his country so he never had the opportunity to give it a shot. Lola's descriptions of the sports was pretty good. Even a pure-blood was going to have a rough idea of the three sports.

After Lola's question, Minoas realised, embarrassingly enough, that he hadn't signed up in any of the school's groups. "Well, I haven't joined any of the school's clubs. I'm in gryffindor's quidditch team and that's it. Except from quidditch I have many other interests. I'm playing the guitar, I'm reading about advanced and elemental magic as I want to develop one day my own spells and write a book about them and I like also water sports like surfing." he said although the last one was quite difficult to do it in Hogwarts so he was enjoying it only during hilidays.
"I would have been joining the duelling club but it doesn't look like operating any more." he said kinda disappointed as he liked prank jinxes and defensive magic. "What are you considering doing after you graduate?" he asked her as they were arriving at the third floor.

Lola grinned wide. "Cool another Midnighter!" She said then put a coin in Minoas' hand. The coin was a trick one she had gotten in her second year. They really where conviniant when trying to get a message out quickly and it seemed to not call the attention as much as other mothods of communicating magicly did. "Hope you tell a good one myself. I'm looking forward hearing you. She said then put her hands behind her head while they kept walking. Her homework now was in the back of her mind where things like homework usually went.

Lola gave Minoas a sideways glance. "I should have guessed with you being so tall. I can shoot well enough but seeing since I seemed to have gotten the shot gene from my mom I guess that the only way I will be able to dunk is if I make tall people into stepping stones. After accedently making a boy's nose bleed with she sole of my shoe I was told I couldn't do that anymore." She sighed. Lola hadn't meant to step on the boy's face. She had been aiming for his chest but overshot her jump and he happened to have his head back laughing. It was lucky though. Her brothers had been about to beat the boy up for teasing lola about her height.

Lola listened to Minoas talk and nodded a few times. "I wanted to join the duel club too. It seemed like a good way to practice our skills. I so would like to see you play the guitar. I'm hopeless when it comes to music. I love it but I can't play it to save my life. Have you ever heard of the Wizarding band called Arise Moon?" She asked a bit excited. She loved the lead singer Willow Paradox who in Lola's opinon, was true to her last name. "I don't know what I want to be when I leave here but I'm torn between Qudditch player and Charm Breaker for Gringotts. She added suddenly remembering his question. Lola had seen one of the flyers one of the older students got for career counciling and thought that searching the old tombs of the old world would be fun while the danger of the curses suited her energetic nature.

Minoas smiled at Lola's comment of calling him a midnighter. His smile vanished as he looked startled in his hand, where Lola had put something. It was a coin. Minoas understood instantly that this coin was some kind of communication between the members but he had no clue how it worked. "You don't have to suborn me. I promise I'll come." he joked as he flipped the coin with his thumb and caught it in the air. "How does it work?" he asked her as he was studying it closely.

His grey eyes starting widening more and more as she was describing they way she was using tall people as her stepping stone to score in basketball. "Umm remind me never play with you basketball." he joked once more as he was imagining stepping on that guy's nose to dunk. He was glad that there was another person at least that would like to join the dueling club. "I was thinking of orgnising my own dueling club but that would need time. I don't have enough time currently. Maybe next year." he said disappointed, knowing that every next year would be more demanding and hectic. When she said that she would like to see him playing the guitar, his cheeks flashed a redish color. He wasn't used to play in front of an audience. It was more like a means to express his feelings and emotions.

"Well maybe one day I'll feel comfortable enough and play to you one of my songs." he said still a bit embarrassed, scratching his forehead from awkwardness. Minoas hadn't heard of that band but he wanted to learn more about the international magical artists. "Never heard them. I don't know any artists outside my country. Are they good?" he asked. Lola's ideas sounded ideal for her energetic personality. At least she was torn between two options. Minoas had a bunch in his head. "Great options! I'm still pretty confused of what I would like to do. Too many things actually that I would like to try." he said with a soft sigh to his indecisiveness.

Lola laughed shaking her head a little. "If I have to bribe a body into my unofficial club then I would not be doing my job right." Lola said with a wide smile. "It's a fake gallion. I point my wand at it to change the numbers on the edges. The numbers are the time and date of when we meet. Always midnight of course but the date has to change no? Lola said laughing at the end. She looked at the painting in front of the Griffendor entrance and sighed to herself. She still felt like she had to much energy to burn but then she was never really all the way burned out.

Lola pouted playfully. "Great now what am I going to do to dunk?" She asked with a bit of playful sarcasm in her voice. "It would take a student to re-organize the duel club but we would still need a professor to back us up. It's not like we can take students out at midnight so they can duel." She said as though she where really thinking about it but it was just a joke. Lola seemed like she really didn't have a care in the world besides school. It was what they where hear for after all. To learn and to have fun while doing it. She saw a bit of the drama that happened around school and it made Lola wrinkle her nose a bit at it. Then again to each their own.

Lola's eyes lit up a little. "They are awesome! The lead singer put so much power into her voice and the band is just well magic! I'll play some of their stuff for you one day if you'd like." She said brightly. Lola accepted that Minoas didn't want to play for her, a lot of people where shy. Lola shrugged at the job comment. "I can see you being so may thing anyway. We're still learning magic anyway. Things can change in the years to come." She said. Lola looked at the painting again. "I sooooo don't want to do homework." She said hanging over as if doing her school work was the worst thing ever.

Liking the method in which the members of the group were updated for their next meeting, Minoas let a smirk.
"Nice idea!" he coplimented her wits as he was thinking how he could use at to create something similar for distance communication. He then shoved the galleon into his pocket to keep it safe. They were reaching gryffindors common room and Minoas wasn't anymore eager to study after their little conversation. He was hyped with energy that could be only used on quidditch or late night walks.

Lola was right. They couldn't organise a dueling club on their own. They needed the presence of a professor especially if there were going to join slytherins who disliked fair competition. "I could ask my cousin for that but I don't think he'll be really excited with the idea. He's the flying professor, I think he knows some things about dueling." he explained, doubting if Icarus would be happy enough to supervise a bunch of kids casting jinxes and hexes. "Yes, sure. I would like to listen to them. My favourite artist is half siren. She has an awesome voice. The problem is that we, men, can listen to her only when we are tied, when she sings live." he revealed. Her half-siren blood had given her a voice that could hypnotize men and make them do unreasonable things.

"Me neither." he said as they were standing in front of gryffindor's portrait. "Moon rime." he told the password and the portrair revealed the passageway behind it. "After you." he said to Lola, letting her step inside first. "So what are you going to study?" he asked her as he watched entering inside.

Lola thought about it. "Well if it works out I don't see why not. If anything we can have an all out war with the Slytherins." She said jokingly. Lola didn't have a thing against Slytherngs unless they had something against her. Lola really didn't have an thing against anyone really. Lola loved people even if they didn't always like her. It didn't mean of course that she wasn't against showing just what this little ball of energy was all about.

Lola snorted when he mentioned that his favoret singer had to have the men in the audience strapped down when she sang. "If some of the men are like my older brothers it would take more than bonds to keep them from trying to impress. Not that they can help it really." Lola said laughing softly. She thought of how her brothers would react to someone like the siren and fought hard not to suggest they try and her to sing locally. Lola was a bit mean when it came to her siblings.

Lola stepped through and knew that the noise from the Commen Room would cut any more conversation unless Minoas wanted to know something from third year. "Potions. It's a bore because it's a new professor and he wants to get to know us but we have to do what we have to do." Lola said shrugging.

"You don't like them a lot, don't you?" he said with a chuckle about the war with the slytherins. Personally, he had some friends from there and it wasn't the house that bothered him. It seemed though that most mean people, were placed for some reason in slytherins house. "I wouldn't like to start a war, I would just like to learn how to defend myself. I can't really believe that I rely my defensive skills only on professor's Styx lectures." he commented as there weren't a lot of practice on the jinxes they were currently learning.

Lola's comment about her older brothers reminded him a lot of his older cousin. He could find some similarities there. "It doesn't matter if they are generally umm, very interested to women. A siren's voice can hypnotize any man that is up to the age of thirteen. I don't know though if that applies to men that are not so umm manly I guess." he said, finding the whole conversation quite awkward. It was true however that some older men, like his cousin, were acting strangely around women. They seemed too interested. Minoas was finding girls at least mysterious. They had completely different ways of thinking and spending their time. He would need some more time to come and understand them.

They entered inside the common room. It wasn't so crowded. Just two study groups, working quietly at different tables. "Potions are alright, I like that subject. I have history of magic. It's just not for me." he commented with a few words, without analyzing the hundreds reasons he didn't like that subject. "Do you have to brew anything?" he asked Lola interested as he didn't have the chance yet to make a potion in class.

Lola stuck out her tongue at Minoas the laughed. The house didn't bother her though some people in the house made her want to use her want to show them why her brothers called her the Whipperwill. "They won't let us do real magic in DADA until fourth year I heard which Suuucks." She said extending the last word to show her mock irritation. She wanted to learn at least a few jinxes so she she could defend herself both magicly and physicality.

Lola shook her head. "It's called puberty, makes boys lose their minds. Don't think girls are too far behind either. Some of the gossip from the older girls in my dorm drives me crazy. They sometimes talk about how 'hot' some men in quidditch uniforms can look and all I'm thinking about is he scored or not. Really totally mental. I'm thirteen though so that might make me abnormal." She said raising her shoulders as if not to really care at all of she was normal or not. In fact the less normal she was the more people seemed to like her even though she wasn't acting in any particular way. Lola was just being Cherrycola.

"Nope, not a thing. One would think that people would Potions class actually involved potions but then again it maybe early in the year so if you see that the ends of my hair have turned some weird color it means we got to do a potion and I more than likely botched it." Lola said to the last part. She wasn't any good at cooking so why would potions be any different. She would work on it though that wasn't much of a problem for her. She heard a song fluttering over the noise of the common room and Lola raised her hand calling "TURN IT UP! I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me." Lola sang off key then laughed at the lyrics to the song.

Minoas' heart sunk when Lola revealed that there weren't any practical stuff for defence against the dark arts class until year four. He had enjoyed some protective and offensive spells in his first year class and he was hoping that it was going eventually to get better. He could still practise on his own free time as he was doing already. Experiencing was the best way for him to actually learn something. Lola's description of how older girls were talking about guys at their age, made things even more complicated. Why spending so much time and interest on each other when quidditch and other interesting activities existed?

Lola was a really fun person and Minoas was having a great time, hanging around with her. He had however, to begin his studying and if he was going to be around Lola's explosive personality, he wasn't going to do anything.
"It was nice talking with you. Nice to know that there is another gryffindor that is pretty similar to me. I have to go though and begin my history of magic essay." he said unwillingly. "We should definately go for some quidditch practice in the near future but for now I'll try to come up with a good late-night story." he said with a smile. "Have to go now. History is calling me. See you around and take care." he farewelled her before leaving for the boys dormitories to begin with his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back