So you're the cousin?

Sebastian Darkhart

OOC First Name
Melissa.
</COLOR></FONT>
Sebastian Darkhart had been ousted from the house for the day. Well, that was a little harsh, it was more along the lines of him being kindly shunted towards the idea of travelling to his Aunt and Uncles house to make friends with the new cousin and not having an excuse as to why he couldn't go. He was useless at coming up with excuses, his older sister Rohana was good at it, but that was only because she was a girl and had gross girl reasons for getting out of stuff. The young boy shuddered and turned scarlet at the thought. Still he was here now, he might as well make the most of the situation. He couldn't help but wish that his favourite cousin Annalie could have been there, he would have rather spent time with her then make friends with someone else, but she had left and he didn't blame her. Everyone seemed to have a problem with her, Sebastian couldn't see why, she was smart, funny, nice - well at least she had been when he last saw her. Now, though no one even spoke her name, electing to call her "that girl" instead. It wasn't fair, he liked Annalie and he wasn't allowed to see her anyone, he would find a way though, he was a bright boy according to his father so he would come up with something. Still there were more pressing matters at hand, namely meeting Tate, the new Darkhart cousin and Annalie's replacement. Straightening his button up shirt and making sure he looked presentable he approached out the house.

Sebastian was usually quiet, he kept to himself at home he had three sisters after all and none of them wanted to join in with his games and he didn't have many friends, so this was a new thing entirely. Knocking once on the front door he opened it and stuck his head around it - like he had done many times before. "Aunty Cashlin? Uncle Moriarty? It's Sebastian!" he called slipping indoors and taking his shoes off by the door. He wandered slowly into the kitchen, taking the time to take in all the changes in the house since he had last been here. Gone were the pictures of Annalie that used to be proudly displayed everywhere. Instead only photographs of Aimee (the adopted ex cousin) and this Tate remained. Examining the photo of Tate on the wall Sebastian couldn't help but smile. The boy looked nice enough, he reminded Sebastian of Aimee, maybe they were brother and sister? Entering the kitchen the brunette found the real Tate sitting at the table. "Hi, I'm your cousin Sebastian, but you can call me Seb if you want everyone does. Except my sisters who call me all sorts of mean names. Is Aimee your sister? You look like sisters..." Sebastian trailed off when he realised that he was rambling and scratched the back of his head idly "Sorry, I tend to go on when I'm nervous." he chuckled. Walking over to the fridge he pulled it open and pulled an apple out of the bag in the cool draw. Biting into it he sat down next to Tate, "Whatcha doing?" he asked waiting for Tate to finally say something.
<FONT font="arial"><COLOR color="#000">

Tate felt like curling up into a little ball and just dying. He was not quite ready to meet all of the family. He had been there for some time, but had still yet to meet everyone. The Darkhart's were an extensive family, it seemed, and did not always come together. Unlike the old family he stayed with. He was completely unprepared for the boy to come over. His room was a total mess (when, in fact, it would be considered rather tidy to most boys) Tate could not let anyone see it. He shut the door quickly and ran his fingers through his hair. What if Sebastian didn't like him? Would he be shipped away? Annalie didn't like him, this would be strike two. Tate liked it here, with this family. He didn't like not being with two magical parents that had magical children. He wasn't against muggles, but they were difficult to live with at times. Even when they knew about magic. He could be playing soccer, he had the ball under his feet too. But mum said that he had to meet his cousin Sebastian. Tate was sure that his cousins were nice, but he would much rather be doing something other than be paraded around. He didn't like attention - and being the new kid in the family, he was always spoken to. He was asked what it was like to be adopted, he hated that question. It was terrible being adopted, well, he was actually fostered. Now he was adopted.

And then it happened. His cousin had finally arrived. A cold feeling washed over the part-veela as he ran around the kitchen, and decided to return to his seat. What if Sebastian didn't like him? He heard the boy entering the house and he pulled out a book. He needed to distract himself otherwise he'd be too nervous to talk. He looked up as the other boy entered the kitchen. He looked nice - causing Tate to smile. He seemed to talk a lot, which was good because sometimes Tate wasn't sure of what to do or say. "Hi, I'm Tate, your cousin I guess." he closed his book. "You can call me Tay if you like, but you don't have to." Sometimes his parents would call him Tay, or some other kids. But he wasn't sure why, Tate was such a short name to begin with. He then tilted his head. "No,I don't have a sister - but I have a brother. He's just not here." And Tatae didn't want him to be. Tomas could be happy with his family, while Tate was happy with his own. He grinned as Sebastian chuckled. "So do I, don't worry." Maybe this wasn't as bad as he first thought. Tate looked from Seb to his book. "Oh, I was just reading about potion making. Sometimes I help mum out, but she said that it's too complicated. So I decided to look up a bit." his feet then nudged the ball at his feet. "Unless... do you play soccer?"

Sebastian instantly liked Tate, despite his obvious nerves he was nice and he actually talked to him, unlike his sisters. He usually had a pretty good idea about whether or not he would get on with someone so he was confident that his cousin was going to be a good friend. Crunching on the apple nosily, which would earn him a right telling off at home, he listened carefully to what his cousin was saying. "You don't sound like you like Tay very much?" Sebastian observed, "I'll call you Tate if that's okay with you?" he asked cautiously not wanting to offend Tate by not calling him the proffered nickname. It just seemed like a bit of a waste of time so shorten an already one syllable name, he would if Tate proffered it though he didn't want to annoy him. "I kinda wish I didn't have three sisters at home all the time, they are such a pain. Have you met Rohana, Meighan and Bryleigh yet or am I the lucky first cousin to make their presence known?" Seb laughed, hoping that Tate knew that he was partly joking about the bit about not wanting his sisters at home. As much as the annoyed him until he wanted to hit his head against the wall, he couldn't picture life without them squealing and doing all the silly girl things they did.

"Potions?!" Sebastian said curiously peering at the book, finding it hard to dechipher the words upside down, "You're a right brainbox," he teased good naturedly, hoping the blond boy wouldn't get upset, "I suck at academic stuff, Rohana says I'm a bit thick, but I just don't really have an interest right now." he said with a shrug, "She can't talk though, she is only getting Acceptable on her school work so she's no genius either. Sorry you probably don't want to hear about my silly sisters right?" he asked cheeks turning a faint pink. He had gone from being quiet to being excessively talkative and it felt weird. Good weird though. Sebastian looked down at the ball a huge grin spreading across his face, he hadn't played soccer in a long time his sisters had grown out of humouring him with a game so he had only been playing with himself. It would be nice to play with someone again. Finishing the apple and jumping to his feet to throw the core, basketball style into the bin across the ball, pausing to cheer and bow. He grabbed the ball and Tate's hand and pulled him up "I love soccer, I'll just go get my shoes." he ran to the door, slipped his shoes back on and met Tate in the kitchen. "We better head outside then." he said walking over to the back door and opening it waiting for Tate to leave before following him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back