So, you're my baby sister.

Candice Sykes

After intense searching, Candice turned up here. She was shocked that it turned out her sister, little Melanie, had ben under her nose the entire time. Hell, she had even met her before. Twice. Plus, she had been looking for her family. The blonde took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

Candice had to remember that she wasn't Melanie Sykes, She was Zascha Bresilley here. She remembered the family that Zascha had brought with her into the shop, it was horrendous. Now Candice was here to take her home, if she would come, then she could live with her and meet Sam, her brother. She was taken off guard when the door opened and an older man, around his forties, was standing there. "Umm, hi. I was wondering if a Miss Zascha Bresilley was home?"

Pascal was sat watching tv with a coffee in one hand. He was annoyed when he heard a knock on the door. This was meant to be his day of relaxing and doing nothing and now he had to deal with whoever it was that was knocking on his door. He got up and put his cup on the coffee table then walked to the front door to see a young girl. "Who's asking?? What's she done now??" He shook his head. "Whatever she's done, I'm not paying for it." He stood waiting for the girl's answer. He wasn't a very patient man so the smallest amount of waiting made him get bored and impatient.

Candice immediately saw what Zascha meant when she spoke about her family. "She's done nothing wrong. I just.." She paused, not sure whether she could say in front of him. He may not let her see her then. "I own a shop down in Brightstone, she frequents it when she's there and.. I found some information on what she has been looking for in the books in my shop."

Candice hoped that would do. Diana had had to pull many strings to get this information and collect a lot of favours to find out what she was called now. So much effort, it couldn't be stopped now. It just wouldn't, couldn't, she would be devastated if this man stopped her now.

Zascha heard the front door and expected Pascal would want her to answer it. Digging herself outside of all the books that were pilling on her bed wasn't easy though and it took some time before she got to the stairs to see Pascal talking to Candice. "Candice?? What are you doing here??" She didn't want Candice to see her here. She was ashamed of her step family and never wanted to be seen with them.

Pascal turned and looked to the stairs which Zascha was now walking down. "Zascha. Go back to your room. I'll be there in a minute." Then he turned back to this Candice person. "If you want to talk to her then you can wait for her to go back to your shop. This is a day of rest in this house and it's not going to be desturbed by someone like you. Leave now." His ice cold eyes glared at her. Pascal knew how to get his own way with people and he was good at it.

Candice took a breath, she owned a muggle shop so, naturally, she was used to glared from pure bloods. The blonde squared up to the man. "Excuse me sir but I think you'll find that this information would have quite a big impact on you as well. So I suggest you let me in to talk to your adopted daughter or you find this out the hard way because I am not above sneaking around." Her voice was not dreamy like it was when Zascha last saw her, she was now firm and, to some people, quite scary. It's not like she was lying or anything, it would, he would lose his little servant girl.

Pascal narrowed his eyes. "Fine. But..." He made himself look taller by straightening up. "You are not stepping foot in this house and she is not stepping out." He turned to Zascha. "Come here. Now." His voice wasn't raised but it was powerful and he knew Zascha would do what he told her to. She always did.

Zascha was surprised that Candice was standing up to Pascal. Not many people had the guts to do so. She walked to the front door and looked up at her. "What's the news??" She had no idea what her and Pascal had been talking about before she got there so she was curious as to what was happening. She also wanted to know how Candice had found her here but she wasn't going to ask that just yet.

Candice thought. "The subject of the books you bought Zascha. I, I found out more about it. In fact, I seem to have come across all of the information there is to know about the topic. If you get my meaning." She hoped with all of her might that the younger girl would understand that she had found her family. She really didn't want to divulge this information to this awful man.

Zascha's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. She'd spent nine years on this and Candice had found out all the information in a matter of months. "Oh my god. How?? What have you found out??" She had realised that Candice was talking about her real family. She couldn't wait to find out who they were. She didn't know how Pascal would react though. She didn't expect it would be good.

Zascha gasped and put her hands over her mouth. She was speechless. Slightly confused by it all but understanding most of it. "But...Oh my god." She didn't know how she was going to explain all this to Pascal. He was going to murder her.

Pascal narrowed his eyes and looked between the two girls. "Either one of you tell me what's going on or you're going to your room." Pascal pointed at Zascha then at Candice. "And you're leaving. I don't like code in my house. Especially when you're included." He glared at Zascha, waiting for some sort of explanation.

Candice was really starting to hate the way this man was treating her baby sister. She reached over, not caring of the consequences, and grabbed Zascha's wrist, pulling her out into the sidewalk. "You want to know what happened you ignorant man? I'll tell you what happened! I just came to collect my baby sister that's what happened." There, she had said it. Zascha was her sister and now they all knew. She stood in front of the younger girl, ready to apparate them out or fight the man in front of her.

Pascal pushed Candice sideways and grabbed Zascha, holding wrist tight so she couldn't break free. "You stay away from this house or you'll wish you never met me." He shoved Zascha back in the house and let her fall to the floor. He didn't care about her. He just didn't want to lose his maid.

Jeanne-Claire had over heard the conversation at the front door and was slightly peeved with it. She grabbed Zascha by the hair and dragged her up the stairs so she couldn't leave. "You are not leaving this house young lady. You are a member of this family now. They left you." She chucked Zascha in her bedroom and stood by the door so she could listen to what was happening at the front door and make sure Zascha didn't try anything.

Candice stood up and glared. "You have not seen the last of me Mr Bresilley, trust me when I say that." She bared her teeth as she apparated away. Of course, he was unaware she had apparated to the side of the house. From there she could just see her sisters' hair in one of the windows and visualised it before apparating into the rom. She grabbed Zascha and turned to the woman at the door. "Be sure to tell your husband you need a new servant you stupid cow." She sneered before apparating away with her sister before the woman could so much as flinch in her direction. She only let go on Zascha, Melanie, when they reached her shop.

Zascha cried out in pain as her hair got pulled. She hadn't even noticed Jeanne-Claire behind her until then. She could feel her breathing getting heavy as she landed on her bedroom floor and looked up at her step mum. She turned her head when she heard a pop behind her and smiled when she saw it was Candice. She then let Candice apparate her out of there. She looked around and realised they were in the shop which Candice owned. She hugged her big sister and didn't let go. "Thank you so much." She was ecstatic. She was finally away from the Bresilleys. Whether she could stay away was a completely different question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back