So now you pour your heart out...

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
After going for her normal morning jog she had decided to go for a walk around the castle. It was a nice day, but cold so she thought she'd stick inside.
Wondering through the corridors she soon found herself in a plain and utterly boring looking room, "Argh what a waste," she siad shaking her head and sitting down on an unused teachers desk.
Her mind began to plan out what she would do if she could redecorate the room, if she could draw on every surface. It would look awesome.

((Lame I know :unsure: ))

[Nah I can work with it]

Joceline had found Brandon the previous day and he hadn't exactly been happy about seeing her but she was determined on having him forgive her. She felt just awful about leaving him there, but she decided that she would let him find her because she had looked for him everyday she had been back from her house and only saw him when she had given up.

Now she walked along in a pale blue v neck pale blue v neck and a pair of skinny jeans. Around her neck rested a soft scarf, she didn't plan on going outside so it really was for only fashion purposes. Joce was not watching where she was going as she was reading a murder mystery: Forty words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt. The book was set in an imaginary town of Algonquin Bay, and it was obvious that the writer meant it to be North Bay, which is quite close to Algonquin Park in Ontario, Joceline, as usual had researched a little bit about the setting. It was one of her many habits.

"Tell me how good I am,Cardinal. We have this tape siting here, I don't even touch it. You wouldn't have waited. You'd have listened to it five times by now."
"It's a character flaw of mine," Cardinal said, still stamping snow from his boots. "Did Len Weisman call yet?"

She was just about to flip the page when she heard someone's voice. "Argh what a waste." Curiosity reached Joceline about what was a waste, and a waste of what. She walked into the room she had heard the voice come from and she raised an eye brow, she vaguely recognized the girl, and it was clear that she was older then herself. She shrugged her shoulders gently and said with her strong French accent, "Hello."

[sorry that was lame]

((Nah it was better then mine! :lol:))

Harri turned as she heard someone greet her in a strong french accent, "Hey," she said smiling warmly at the girl. She looked at her before realising where she recognised her from, "I'm Harri, you came to cooking club right?" she asked, hoping she wasnt mistaking her for someone else. She smiled again hopeing the girl would reintroduce herself as her name seemed to be wiped from her memory.

Joce smiled as the girl turned to face her. "I'm Harri, you came to cooking club right?" she then heard the girl ask and she smiled at her and nodded once. "That would be me, Joceline Richarde." She stood up straight and closed the book between her index finger and walked in the classroom towards the girl and put her hand out for a handshake and asked curiously, "So what's such a waste?"

"Oh right," Harri said smiling, and shaking her hand. She knew why the girls face had stuck in her memory. It was Aidens half sister, the one he hated and was determind to get out of this school... she shook these thoughts from her head and smiled at the younger girl. She would make atleast a bit of an effort with her.
She smiled at her, "This classroom," she said gesturing around the room, the plain white walls, the plain everything. "I mean this room has so much potential and it's not even being used!" she siad shaking her head. She looked around the room, there were huge windows lining one side, throwing beautiful rays of sunlight into the room and onto the dirty, white-wash walls.

As their handshake came to an end she slipped her hand away and hugged her book to her chest. Her dainty fingers curled around the edges of the book and pressed her lips together, she could tell that the girl was putting the connection between she and Aiden together as they spoke. Lord, she thought and she felt her eyes begin to roll but she blinked as she caught sight of the girl's lips move upwards forming a smile. At least she's going to try, she thought with an inward smile.

"This classroom.. I mean this room has so much potential and it's not even being used!"

She looked around the room, something about it made her think that it could make for a decent opening for a chapter to a book. It would be very descriptive, and well written. Joce smiled to herself at this and thought, I'm such a book worm! She exhaled gently, "Perhaps..." She trailed off and pursed her lips in thought before continuing, "Perhaps.. there is a reason why it is not in use?" Her words were more of a question though as she was a younger student and didn't know anything about Hogwarts, she had been raised by a muggle after all.

Harri laughed, "The reason probably being that the school is huge enough to have spare classrooms," she said winking. She sighed, thinking she really ought to have bough her spray paints up here, the wall opposite her would have looked lovely with a floral mural sprayed all across it. She could picture it right now in her head, the sunlight thrown against the wall alluminating pale blue flowers...
It wasnt untill she opened her eyes that she realised that she had closed them, perfectly comfortable at this she blinked glazedly at Joceline, "Don't you think its an awesome room?" she asked laughing at how strange that sounded.
"Bit of a book worm?" she asked with a grin, very unobservently only just having realised that Joceline had been reading.

Joceline blushed in embarrassment as Harri pointed out the obvious, but she shrugged it off. As the girl's eyes closed she smiled to herself and looked around the room once more, taking a seat on the top of a vacant desk, after brushing off the fallen dust, that looked quite disgusting. Once sitting she crossed her legs in a lady like fashion and put the book on her lap and raised her hands to the back of her head, finding the natural part and moving her hair so it hung naturally on her shoulders.

"Don't you think its an awesome room?"

She put her hands back on Forty Words for Sorrow and nodded once. "It is, I quite like how it is now, seems like something you'd read in a book," she admitted with a small shrug. "Bit of a book worm?" The girl before her asked with a grin, and she nodded once in response. "Very much so," she answered honestly. "I'm quite surprised I didn't end up in Ravenclaw," she added with yet another shrug.

Harri smiled, "Exactly," she siad her eyes wide with understanding.
"What house are you in?" she asked curiously, clearly she wasnt a Gryffindor like Aiden, she didn't seem like a Hufflepuff so that left.. Oh yes Slytherin. The house she had thought Aiden belonged in when she first met him, of course her opinon soon changed as she began to understand him even that little bit more.
She smiled at Joceline, not quite understanding how Aiden could dislike her so much. She seemed a nice girl, quite polite not rude or snobbish. She shrugged, somethings she couldn't understand, sibblings sqaubling was one of those.

Joce raised her eye brows gently as she saw that the girl's eyes had widened, and her own blue doe eyes searched why they were widened and smiled to herself as she saw that it was with understanding. "What house are you in?" She sighed gently and admitted sheepishly, knowing that she acted more like a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw then the house she really belonged to, "Slytherin."

Joceline bit down on her bottom lip hard, feeling slightly embarrassed to admit such a thing, even though that house was supposed to mean that you were cunning and strive for excellence, it also meant that you had a cruel side above all, and she did not want to be stereotyped in such a way. She knew that stereotypes where never fun, because even if it was a good one it couldn't belong to the person specifically and there was quite a bit that Joce never showed to anyone.

"Slytherin," Harri repeated nodding, she couldn't really pair that with a compliment. However hard she tried, she never had any problems with Slytherins it was just... She knew she was being silly now, if she couldn't justify her reason for dislike then the reasons clearly were not good enough.
"How you finding first year?" she asked, keen to change the subject. She had to push it aside, afterall she had always thought herself to be an accepting person, non-judgemental. And she would try to uphold that now, she couldn't judge Joceline untill she knew her better. Though something in her brain was telling her that Aiden wouldn't be too happy about this, but then again she wasn't too happy with him for what had happened with Steph.

"How you finding first year?"

As this topic change approached it was crystal clear that Harri did not want to stay on houses at all, as there wasn't anything good to say about Slytherins as of late. It seemed that her batch of Slytherins were just awful, she wasn't sure what was shoved up there bums but they really had too loosen up and calm down. "Not very well to be honest," she admitted with a shrug. "I would much prefer to be a muggle," she added with a sheepish grin. Among all else I would like to be in France, she thought but didn't bother saying it aloud, she didn't want to admit to one of Aiden's friends that he was winning. She could be just as stubborn as he could, and she would be.

Harri looked slightly shocked at Jocelines revelation, "No why?" she asked, "No-ones giving you trouble are they?" she asked, her eyebrows raised. She hoped Joceline wasn't having to bad a year, however cold Aiden tried to act Harri had the hope that he would eventually come around and stop being so horrible to her. "Being a muggle is boring," she added laughing.

Joce raised her eye brows as she saw the shock on Harri's face. "No-ones giving you trouble are they?" She laughed inwardly and said sarcastically, "No not at all." She rolled her eyes slightly and sighed gently. "Being a muggle is boring." Joceline shook her head firmly and said, "You must've been raised as a witch, I love being a muggle, it's amazing." She smiled brightly, but that smile was soon replaced with a frown at the realization that she was not a muggle and couldn't be one any longer, she was a witch and hated it.

Harri smiled, "Aiden?" she said shaking her head. She still needed to talk to him about Steph, so she would make sure to mention Joceline while she was there.
"No, I lived as a muggle for quite a few years," she said smiling, "But I just don't think it compares to this life. " she said shrugging, "But everyones different,"
"Whats so great about being a muggle?" she asked, genuinly interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back