So Many Memories

Noah Lewis

Noah was not so glad to be back at Hogwarts New Zealand. He had looked forever all last year to be able to go home. Though he had to stay here from the TWT. Yet with the death of Noah's mother, his father decided to move to back to New Zealand in the house in which he grew up with. Noah had little say of this matter at all. So here he was, at Hogwarts New Zealand. Sitting at the lakefront that held so many memories. Here he was back to the school in which no one really new his name. He was no longer Noah Lewis, Prefect, Qudditch Captain, and Best Keeper. He was just another sixth year Slytherin.

Sitting down on the grass, Noah looked out at the lakefront thinking about how he had spent many afternoons here.

Estrella was becoming increasingly bored at Hogwarts, despite the fact that she had been given the responsibility of Head Girl. This term called for her to attend only two classes, and thus much of her time was spent wandering around the school and looking out for trouble. For some reason, nobody was getting into anything.

She decided to take a stroll along the lakefront, as it was one of her favorite places at the school. Her expression brightened as she recognized someone from her classes last year- but wasn't he a Hogwarts Scotland. Approaching him, she stated, "Noah, was it? Whoa, I didn't expect to see you here." She smiled warmly, although she had not had much opportunity to talk to the boy last year.

Noah was watching how the lake wondering how cold it was. A swim would have been nice. He had not gotten a chance last year to go swimming in the lake though he had many times before back at Hogwarts Scotland. Though before he could think about it more he heard a voice that sounded familiar.

Turning to see Estrella a girl who Noah had in all of his classes last year but had only the chance to speak to her once. "Hey" Noah said a smile forming on his face at her surprise. "I guess I liked this place so much they couldn't get rid of me" Noah said adding a laugh. "Transfered here for the rest of the schooling" Noah explained.

"So how have you been Estrella?" Noah asked hoping that he did get her name right. Now that would be a bad move messing up her name right off the bat.

Estrella was glad that she had gotten the boy's name right. Smiling broadly, she chuckled as she told her that he would be finishing out his schooling here. "Well, welcome aboard! It's nice to know that we'll have another student in our classes. There was a time when there were only three."

She shrugged. "I've been alright. And yourself? Why'd you decide to move here? Not that I'm complaining of course." She grinned, elated at the fact that she would have another upperclassmen to talk to. She'd seen an increase in transfer students lately, which was a rather good thing, she thought. Hogwarts didn't seem as empty as it had used to.

Noah had known that there were not many upper classmen here. He had checked into it last year well unless there was an imense amount of transfers Noah doubted that the lessons would be much fuller. He would probably still be the only person in Divination. That was always interesting. "Well I'm glad I can add to the population" Noah said with a smile on his face.

"I've been alright, ready to have a new start I guess" Noah admitted. Yet when she asked why he moved Noah's smile decreased slightly. He was still not over the events of the summer. They had only happened a week before. "Well my father wanted to move back to New Zealand where he grew up. After my mum's death and all" Noah said making sure his voice was casual. He was never one to let on to how he was really feeling.

Estrella grinned. "Yeah, it's cool to know I'll have more classmates." The Ravenclaw girl was glad that she would have more people to talk to, in any case. She knew that the amount of new transfers would help a little bit, if not much.

She decided not to push about the death about Noah's mother, knowing personally that losing a parent was a hard enough thing in itself without others prodding about it. Changing the subject, she asked, "What classes are you taking this year? I had to drop Transfiguration and Astronomy and I'm keeping both my electives. Frankly, I'm just glad OWLs are over." She was glad about lightening her course load, although next semester she would be taking virtually every class offered for sixth years.

Noah was glad that Estrella didn't push the topic of his mother much more. Really Noah wasn't ready to talk about it yet. He didn't think he would ever be ready. Though he pushed it out of mind and thought about the conversation which took a turn towards classes.

"Believe it or not I didn't know I could drop major subjects" Noah said feeling stupid for not knowing that. Wondering if he could drop Herbology though doubting his father wouldn't let him drop any classes at all. "Since I didn't have this knowledge" Noah said with one of his common smiles "I guess I am stuck taking all my classes. What a year" Noah said adding a small laugh.

Though he let out a sigh when Estrella said that she was glad that the owls were over. "Tell me about it. owls were like torture" Noah said shaking his head as he thought about how long he had studied for those things. "And we have time before Newts" Noah said gladly.

Looking out towards the lake once more "So have you seen the mass number of first years that have plagued our school?" Noah asked thinking how a bunch of the first years were already playing pranks. For once he was glad that he was no longer a prefect.

Estrella laughed. "Well- I'm almost regretting that I dropped Transfig. You have no idea how boring my schedule is with only two classes this term. I mean- I'm supposed to be Head Girl, but I've been able to do virtually nothing with it yet."

Rolling her eyes, she nodded in agreement with Noah's comment about OWLs. "Oh, I know! I'm so glad we're getting an easy year of History of Magic. Learning about the Hogwarts founders should be a cinch." Grinning, she added, "And I think I will do well enough with Charms. Herbology is the NEWT class I'm worried about! I'm even surprised I got into the class."

The Ravenclaw girl smirked. "No kidding. They're amusing though. I, for one, refuse to believe I was ever that small when I was eleven."

Noah was not very suprised to hear that Estrella was head girl. "Congrats on getting head girl though" Noah said smiling one of his smiles thinking about what classes he would drop. Probably the boring Astronomy and such. He would drop them all if he could. Noah was never a bit one for classes.

"Oh I know History of Magic is hopefully going to be a breeze" Noah said shrugging as he eyes focused on the lake for a moment. "You know you will be fine in all your classes Ravenclaw" Noah said completely teasing.

As they talked about the first years again, Noah thought back to when he was that young. It really didn't seem possible that he was ever that young. Glad that Estrella felt he same way. "I think we were just different" Noah said "I don't think I was ever like them" He said knowing that he probably was. Probably even more annoying though.

"Thank you," Estrella replied with a smile. "I wasn't expecting to get it this year- but I'm not complaining. It's going to be interesting figuring out how this job goes." Personally, she was a little nervous that she and Bruin were paving the way for the rest of the generations of students that would attend Hogwarts New Zealand, but she would just have to take it all in stride.

The Ravenclaw girl smirked. "Well, let's hope you do fine in your classes, Slytherin," she laughed. The girl didn't feel hostility toward any house, and took the jab lightly.

Snorting just a bit, the sixteen year old girl replied, "Yes. Well, in any case I know that our numbers weren't so great. By god, I swear it's hard to turn anywhere without running into a student I don't know!" She grinned.

Deciding that she would add a bit more to the conversation, as she caught herself hanging, she inquired, "Are you liking it here, Noah?" She hoped that he wasn't feeling too homesick for his old school. She wondered why so many people were leaving it in such great numbers.

Noah wondered if he would have been head boy if he was back at Hogwarts Scotland. A lot of things made him wonder about all this. How now he was here just another sixth year Slytherin. no longer Quidditch captain, prefect, or even possibly head boy. Stuff happens He thought pushing it all out of his mind.

"Oh you and Bruin will be fine" Noah said knowing this for a fact. Though it was odd to think that two sixth years would be passing paving the way. It just seemed like so much pressure for a 16 year old.

When Estrella threw back the house comment at him, he let out a laugh. "Oh I'll survive classes. Top of the class too" Noah teased doubting he would be top of the class but at least he knew he would pass.

Noah smiled when she said she didn't know everyone. Noah had that same feeling but decided not to comment on it. "Oh" Noah said when she asked if he was liking the school. "It's nice to actually feel apart of it instead of like last year" He said adding a small laugh. "I saw the Slytherin dorms for the first time this year. So much better than those awful tents last year" He adding. God he was so glad that he actually got to sleep in a dorm.

"Don't bet on that," Estrella replied with a broad grin, pointing a finger at her own chest. "Ravenclaw, remember?" In actuality, Bruin usually ended up being top of the class with the Ravenclaw merely scraggling behind. She had long since accepted that fact that she would never be able to get as many house points as the boy did. With a sigh she chuckled a bit, wrapping her arms about her front. While it was still early in the year it was getting a bit too chilly for her taste.

The Ravenclaw girl laughed. "Really? I always thought it would be cool to stay out in a tent- but I suppose that could get pretty cramped. I always wondered why you guys just didn't stay in our house dorms." She shifted a bit as she stood, not sure what else to add. She was just glad to be outside, breathing in fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back