So it starts

Epiphany Bones

OOC First Name
Ana
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Her name was Epiphany. She loved the fact that it was. She knew, or had been told, that she had been named after a holiday but she knew the truth. She had been named after the birth of an idea. In her mind, thanks to Lolita mostly, she was the essence of what made the world go round. She was help of course not really govern. That was up to Luthor, she was to back him up. Epiphany was given a very big respectability when it came to him. She was to marry him. To Epiphany that meant that she was to help him, even if that meant pushing him to his limits. She looked into the the window of a shop and bunched up a handful of curls so that they fell right again.

She would make sure that he was a powerful wizard by making sure that she became a powerful witch. Epiphany smiled at her own refection then started to walk down the Harbor again. She could always pay a visit to Bleak Street but it became dull after a while. Epiphany had explored it corners on her own, looking for useful bits of information or secrets that she could tell Lolita or someone else from the household and they could use it. Epiphany herself knew the value of holding and keeping secrets. They where important if one needed to get things done really.

She clutched the string of her butterfly purse lightly as she looked around. A couple of months and she would be walking these streets to shop for her school things. Epiphany couldn't wait. Even though the very person that she had wanted to be most like had left her not too long ago Epiphany still had the greatest ambition to become a Ravenclaw. At least that much she could still hope to inherit, Knowledge was power after all. Speaking of which Epiphany remembered that there was a book on reserve for her at Florish and Blotts so she started to heard in the direction of the book store.

Heath walked around nervously. It was very crowded in this place. He was not used to it. He had received a letter that stated he was accepted into Hogwarts New Zealand. When his parents had finally understood the situation they rejected him. They disowned him, and they kicked him to the streets. His sister took him in. He promised he would not let any of this get in the way of her work schedule. His sister loved to work. She was a pastry chef, so there were always comfort foods like chocolate and ice cream at her place. He never have a day at home where he would have to cry without something sweet.

This wizarding stuff was new to him. He wished he had a map so that he would be able to navigate better. It would be best if he had a map. He wanted to be try and understand what he was. A wizard. Him. The kid that always sat in the back of the classroom. The kid that only had a life in video games, and the kid that was only able to escape from his loneliness while reading books. He wanted to take this opportunity to try and change.

Heath's shoulder hit someone. For his age he was pretty tall and strong. The crowd seemed to have gotten smaller. "S-sorry." he apologized to the person. Though he is big on the outside. On the outside he was a huge pile of depression, and he was head to toe filled with fear and awkwardness.

Epiphany was sent backwards a little but kept her balance enough to grab the back of a bench. Her eyes flashed as if she was already plotting something to be get revenge on the person who had very nearly ruined her pail pink stalkings when she got a good look at at who had bumped into her. He was a good eal taller than Epiphany but that not saying much seeing as Epiphany stood at a grand four foot eight. Though Epiphany wasn't very tall she made up for it by being very crafty and quick. "Don't worry about it." She said smiling kindly at the boy. "I wasn't paying very much attention myself it could have happened to anyone honestly. Bit early to be shopping no? She said sweetly.

Epiphany could be very sweet when she wanted to be. No scratch that she could pretend to be very sweet when she wanted something. Right now she wanted this boy's size. Luthor was coming with her to Hogwarts of course but he was only a little taller than she was and about as intimidating as her bunny slippers without his pocket knife. That and it was more than likely for hell to freeze over than for Luthor to protect her. This boy was something else. At his height he could easily tower over the other students casting a black shadow over them and setting fear into their souls. His eyes spoke of loss which Epiphany could play like a harp. He was all together too perfect. "My name is Epiphany, what's your's" She asked as she rose she shoulders a little bit so her curls would bounce just right.

It was all about being cute at first. Epiphany had done it before. She had to get the guard down, break the shell then make sure that the shell was down only for her. When she had been younger Epiphany had been only cute and that was enough to make most adults trust her as a silly little girl. Nearly eleven years old she couldn't depend on simple cuteness to get her what she wanted. She had to give a little to get a little. She could tell from the way the boy stammered that what this boy was looking for was a little kindness, which Epiphany had to spare. Epiphany offered the boy her and while clutching at collar of her cloak with her other hand.

Heath looked down at the person. It was a girl. She looked like she was not even five feet yet. That did not bother him though. He was used to looking down on people. He was never quick witted enough to bully someone though. He was an easy target. "I guess so." he said and quickly ran his hand through his hair. He had a habit of doing that. Even when it was unnecessary.

The girl's name was Epiphany. Heath personally was not a fan of her name. He was not very interested in conversation with her either. "Well Epiphany I am kind of in rush. So see you around." he said and started to head off in the opposite direction of her. Truthly, Heath had just told a flat out lie. He was not in a rush at all. Heath looked around confused as he walked at the slowest pace ever away from Epiphany. It was early in the morning, so he was much easier to confuse. At some point he had to stop and scratch his head, so he could figure out a way around this place.

Epiphany frowned to herself then started to follow. "You know it's easier to navigate around here if you have someone to show you around. It's only one street but the shops and turns seem to make it kind of like a maze around here." She said with both hands on her butterfly purse now. She had been able to tell that he was lying to her right from the off but she wasn't going to push that matter. She was on the other hand going to mention that she had noticed that he had a lost look on his face. Epiphany considered making it worse by giving him overly complicated directions but thought better of it.

Epiphany could keep up with him even though it seemed like the boy wanted to get as far way from her as humanly possible. She got that reaction sometimes but that was usually when people got on her bad side. He hadn't done so yet. "I'd be happy to help you if your not in much too much of a hurry. Maybe show you a short cut to where your trying to get to." She offered sweetly. He looked confused which was just fine with her. It mean it would be easier for her to work him to her advantage. Even make him a sort of friend if she worked things right.

Heath sighed and stopped in his tracks. He really just wanted to be left alone. "How about you show me around then. You seem to know your way around." he said and crossed his arms over his chest. This girl seemed set on talking to him. Why was she so interested in him? He had absolutely nothing to offer her. The girl had introduced herself to him, but he did not want to tell her his name. He had this weird feeling that if he told her him name she would have complete control over him. Heath did not trust her. Not at all. "I really do not know where I am going, so you can just take wherever." he said and waited for her reply.

Epiphany smiled wide. "I knew that you couldn't be as rude at as appeared to be. Of course I know my way around I practily grow up around here" She said as though he where being silly. She started to walk down Obsidian Harbor, her soft pink Mary Janes made little noise as she did. "Well over this way is the bookshop, Florish and Blotts while down where we came from is the ice cream shop but I don't go there too often because I get my own sweets from Brightstone Village. When you go to get your stuff you can go there and buy the gloves and stuff though I think my auntie already has somethings set out for me and my friend Luthor. She said brightly. To all the world Epiphany gave off the impression of a harmless little girl. She was nearly eleven after all and about to school for magic for the first time. What threat could she be. If they only knew what went on in her twisted little brain.

Epiphany then pointed down the next row of shops. "That's the quill shop, the Apathacary, Olivander's. You can remember them by their usefulness, something to write with, something to make potions with and something to do magic with. Oh I can't wait until I can get my want. I've been waiting for it for all of my life." She said her voice going a bit dreamy. She wanted her wand now but had to wait until she could really go shopping. She would drag Luthor along just to annoy him. He would throw a tantrum of course but Epiphany lived to see him do it. "There are also a couple of animal shops here if you want to have a look at them when you have more time." She said brightly. She thought animals where dirty other than snakes. She tolerated owls because they did useful things but cats reminded her of the person who hurt her no too long ago. If he wanted to go look at the animal shops though she would tag along for a bit. She had little better to do with her time.

Heath sighed again. He followed Epiphany as she explained what everything was. She seemed very excited about showing him around. He could easily just run away from her, but then he would be in the same predicament as before. Lost. He actually got interested in what he was talking about when she started talking about something to write with, potions, and something to use magic with. She got even more excited when she started talking about wands. She seemed pretty harmless. She did not seem to really care about animals. She just mentioned them quickly. "So, is having a wand that fun?" he asked. It seemed the mention of a wand brightened her day. Heath was not even sure if he really wanted to learn magic. His parents thought he was an abomination and he did not want to be too big of a burden to his sister. "Does magic really make you that happy?" he asked her. It sounded like he was talking more to himself than to Epiphany. He was uncertain if magic was really worth losing and burdening his family.

Epiphany looked at the ginger boy as if he had gone mad. "There is nothing in the whole world that could make you happier! With magic you can have anything you want, anything you could ever dream of right at your fingertips if you know how to get at it. If the words don't exist yet then you can make them. If you get good enough you can bring the word to your feet. It was with magic that my sister saves me from my father and it is with magic that I will become a witch of power." She said her hands together. She obmented that it was because she was magical that her father had started to beat her in the first place. She had learned that through her sister but they knew better. There was nothing wrong with having magic. Epiphany had big dreams which included helping Luthor gain the empire of darkness that he was meant to have. It was her job to do so as Lolita had told her ever since she had been taken in by the Silverback family. Epiphany would do her best at it only because along the way she could get some protection and power for herself.

Heath stepped away from Epiphany. Magic from her point of view sounded like something bad. He did not want to make people bow at his feet. He did not want to make the world be under his control. He wanted acceptance, and that can never be forced out of anyone. He wanted his parents to love him like they did before. He wanted to prove to them that he was the same boy they knew before all this. Sure, magic sounded cool and all, but was it only used to gain power? "Power is not the answers to everyone's problems. At least not to mine." he muttered. Epiphany seemed very strange. She was confident about becoming a great witch. He could never be that confident. He guessed it was something he could admire in her.

Epiphany giggle when he backed away from her. Power not the answer to everything? It was the only thing she had been taught since she became friends with Luthor SIlverback and Lolita had taken her under her wing to teach her. She knew those that where too weak to seek it though and this boy was starting to seem like he was one of those people. Still he was of the size and disposition for him to be useful to her. "Sorry if I seemed bit off just then it's just that thinking of what I want to work for make me excited sometimes. You see I don't want to be just another person that follows the rules I want to be one of the people that makes them. When I am no child will have to get hurt because they're gifted." She said looking down as she bit her lip. Her face was sad as if bringing up a painful memory but she was sure that this boy wouldn't ask.

Epiphany giggled and then apologized to him. She said she wanted to make the rules, and not follow them. Heath barely even knew the rules to this new game he'd entered. She seemed to have a reason to why she wanted power. "Maybe I just misunderstood her." Heath thought in his head. Heath uncrossed his arms when he saw Epiphany was looking at the ground with a sad look on her face. He hoped that it was nothing he had said that made her like this. "Are you okay?" he asked. His voice etched with genuine curiosity. He looked around nervously. "Did I say something?"

Sympathy worked when nothing else did. Epiphany beamed at the boy but her eyes where shining with unshead tears as if she where trying to be stronger than to letting them fall. "Nothing you said. When I think of my father and how he treated me and my sister just for being magic I can't help but being so mad. No one deserves to be treated badly because of what they can't help. Magic is a gift or at least that's what my sister taught me after she saved me" She said brightening up a little. Epiphany searched her purse then took out two large cauldron cakes that she had been saving for later in the afternoon but now seemed like the right time to have one."Want one?" She asked sweetly.

Though she was smiling Heath saw that she was sad. Not only by her tears, but by experience. There had been so many times he had teared up by himself and still put on a happy face for everyone that actually cared. Heath wiped Epiphany's tears away. Left eye and then the right eye. It was painful to him to see others cry. "It's okay. You don't have to cry." he said to soothe her. Heath held his hand out for her to put the pastry. "Yes, please." he said. Epiphany was not so annoying after all. He decided to open up a little bit to her. "My name is Heath." he introduced himself.

Epiphany handed him the cake then gave him a hug. "Thank you for that. Your a kind one." She said nodding. She beamed sunshine at him then "Happy you trusted me enough with your name. For the sake of the talk mind telling me where you came from?" She asked as she walked over to a bench and slid up on it. Her feet just missed the ground she was so short. She wouldn't be for long, she knew this much but she used her shortness to her advantage. It was better to be small if one wanted to get into places that no one thought that you couldn't and listen.

Heath took the cauldron cake and was surprised when Epiphany hugged him. He just patted her on the back until she let go of him. Hugging was something he very rarely ever did. Being a loner did not get you a lot of hugs. Heath followed Epiphany to a bench and sat next to her. He had to slouch so that he would not get cramps in his legs from sitting up straight. "I am from Queenstown. What about you?" he asked in return and took a bite of his pastry. The pastry was delicious, but nowhere near as good as his sister's sweets. In his opinion nobody could beat Luvesha's sweets. She put so much effort and love into then you could taste it. Heath smiled when he saw that Epiphany's legs barely reached the ground. He would kill to be shorter any day.

If Epiphany could remember someone just sitting and talking to her she would have found it nice to have someone. With Luthor she had to constantly prove her worth. She tended to do it by annoying the stuffing out of him when ever she got something right or did anything better than him. The house was cold and dark but Epiphany remembered what it was like to have a warm home. That had been before Zazuka changed and Epiphany had changed with her. She didn't long for it strangely enough. The harshness of the Silverback family and the coolness that Alexander's new wench showed her suited her just fine. It meant that she could focus on what she had to do. "I was born in a place called called Willow's Rain. It's not as pretty as it sounds. I was there until I was around four then my sister let me live with her in a flat close by. I live in Tamaran Manor now with my caretaker." She said looking up to try and remember all the places she had moved to over her short life.

Heath nodded. It sounded like Epiphany had moved around a lot. "I just recently moved in with my older sister." he told her. He left out the part about his parents calling him an abomination and disowning him. That was a painful topic for him, but he was happy that he moved in with his sister. She loved him despite him being a wizard, and she was willing to do anything to make sure Heath did not have to think about their parents. He took another bite of his pastry. It was really good. He wondered what it was called. "What are these?" he asked after he swallowed his mouthful. If only he had some milk. Then his day would be perfect.

Epiphany grinned then popped a large chunk of the cake into her mouth. "Siblings are always good for when you're in need. Or at least if they are much, much older than you. I've heard some stories of people who don't really get along with their siblings." She said airily. Never mind the fact that Epiphany already had plans for her older sister where she ever to see her again. Epiphany would make sure that Zazuka never left her again. A small flash of something went through her eyes when the thought came to her but it was gone as soon as it got there. Epiphany tilted her head. "You mean you've never heard of a Cauldron Cake?" She asked. If this boy was a mudblood she was going to have to be really careful about how she presented him. Luthor would have a fit if he knew that she was associating with those with no magic background. In Epiphany's opinion muggle borns where not to be underestimated. Hermionie Granger was an good example of this.

Heath agreed with Epiphany about siblings being useful. His sister took him in when he was in need of a place to stay. She stood up for him in front of their parents. Luvesha was a pretty awesome sister. He did not know if Epiphany had had the same kind of relationship with her siblings. "Do you have any siblings?" he asked. He stuffed the rest of what Epiphany called a Cauldron Cake in his mouth. He shook his head and swallowed. "I am still pretty new to magic and stuff. My parents aren't magical." he explained to her.

Epiphany nodded as she took out a lolly pop out of her bag. The butterfly purse was small in looks but it was bigger on the inside. Zazuka was the one who made it for her. "I do. My sister's name is Zazuka. She took me in when I was four and worked hard during school to support me and study at the same time. Well she did have help but still she gave all the time she could to be. She used to make toys for me too. Now she makes me stuff like this." She said showing Heath a rod that had been in fact been made by Zazuka. It was about the size of a pencil but then she gave it a shake and it turned into a full broom. Epiphany assumed that the broom had been there before and Zazuka had just modified it so it would get smaller. "It's not a racing broom but then she says I don't get on until I learn to fly better. Heedfully she can make it small like this so I can carry it around too." She said happily. She loved it when she got gifts like this. It didn't matter if it came from her sister or someone else, she just loved getting stuff. It made her feel like she was someone special. Epiphany heard what Heath said about his parents and looked down "I wouldn't tell that to anyone else if I where you." She said then put the lolly pop she had produced earlier into her mouth.

Epiphany had started to pull things out of her small butterfly purse. First a lollipop and then after she talked about her sister, Zazuka, she pulled out a rod and shook it. Heath did a double take when it turned into a broom. "Whoa. That is pretty awesome. Do you think we will learn how to do that?" he asked childishly. He was fascinated by something that was normal to Epiphany. Heath was taken aback when she said fly 'better'. "You can fly on that?" he asked and pointed to the broom. It looked nearly impossible to him. You would definitely die if you fell off that while 15 feet in the air. Heath did not look forward to learning about flying on brooms. Heath looked at Epiphany strange. "What's wrong with talking about it?" he asked. He may not have liked that his parents disowned him, but why could he talk about them not being magical? It was making him irritated.

Epiphany nodded. "And more if you choose to learn. Magic is nearly limitless. The only things that it can't govern is death and love though the latter one can be debated. Scandalishes when the topic comes up." She said with a wide smile. She nodded again. "Most people that come from wizarding families learn how to ride a broom. It's our main method of transport. There are other ways to move around of course but they're all uncomfortable and make some people dizzy. I am eager to learn how to Apperate though. I think muggles calls it tellaportation or something... like that." Epiphany add helpfully. She had been about to say stupid when was what she thought the word was as well as a large chunk of muggle culture but then again she had a very good reason for disliking muggles. There was still a scar running up her upper arm from the last beating her father had let on her all those years ago. "Muggle is the term that wizards use for people without magic. You would be called a Muggle born in polite conversation. There is another less polite term for what you are but I won't mention that. You see some people think just because some don't have any magic in thier family lines that the new witch or wizard is not worthy of learning magic. I think different though." She said with a bright smile. Epiphany did think different. She thought mudbloods as useful even if it was only to cover her own tracks like she had done with that silly little whining worm that she had ensnared at the park not too long ago. She was certain that had the girl been older she would have been imprisoned for what Epiphany had made it look like she had done.

"I do not even like riding on airplanes." he snorted. 'What makes you think I am going to ride on a broom?' he thought in his head. Though flying was a main part of wizard travel it still seemed highly unsafe. What if an airplane and a wizard bumped into each other? Heath was sure that there were a lot more wizard deaths than there were Muggle. Epiphany had said to 'apparate' was like teleportation. He now understood where all his comic books got all these cool power ideas. Heath shrugged. "If that is the case then I will take your words into consideration." he told her lamely. Heath was proud to have the blood he did, and if someone had a problem with it he did not care. Of course, being the shy person he is Heath would never say this out loud. Heath was not going to walk into the wizarding world without knowing how to survive in it. Until he had enough information on the wizarding world to be confident he would be quietly observing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back