So I'm NOT an orphan?????

Elspeth Brookes

OOC First Name
Ceara (Melissa)
Wand
Willow wand, 14" with Unicorn hair
For Emily Brookes to post. :D

Emily sat down at her desk and began to write. She had no idea how to tell someone something like this, that their long-lost aunt had come back from the dead. It was all a little weird. She shrugged and put quill to parchment.

Elspeth,

I know this is strange, but my name is Emily Brookes. Ten years ago, I lost my memory in a car crash with the rest of my family. I have been living in England, and only recently came to NZ. I got my memories back, and I have been trying to find my family. I could not find Justine, your mother, or any others of my family. I hope this does not come as too much of a shock, but if you could please put me in touch with them, I would be grateful. And how are you? You were only two years old when I last saw you, and now you're at Hogwarts! I hope you are enjoying your time there like I enjoyed mine.

Please reply soon,
Emily Brookes

Elspeth had just sat down to eat her breakfast, when a letter dropped in front of her. She picked it up, confused. She hadn't had any letters since her mother had died! She opened it, and read through. She was so happy she thought she'd burst! She had family! Then she saw the request for information about her dead family members. Elspeth decided to take the day off classes (again) to reply.

Emily,

That is amazing! We all thought you'd died! I am looking forward to meeting you! What's England like? What have you been doing for the last ten years? I'm fine, and Hogwarts is...okay. We have to meet at the next Brightstone weekend!

See you soon!
Elspeth Brookes
She felt uneasy about the Brightstone meeting, it was all too similar to how her mother had died, but she really wanted to meet her only surviving family member, and that was as soon as she could get.

Emily read the reply, and did not miss the absence of information about her family, however she ignored it. She would quiz Elspeth at Brightstone. She wrote back;
Elspeth,

I'm glad you're so pleased. England is nice, but NZ is much better. I am engaged to a man in England called Peter Williams. You'll meet him, he's nice.

Looking forward to seeing you in Brightstone!
Emily Brookes

Elspeth was puzzled. Weren't people you were engaged to supposed to be described as 'lovely', or 'amazing'? Maybe she was reading too much into one word, though.

Emily,

Great, I'll meet you outside the Three Broomsticks! See you soon!

Elspeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back