Snowboarding in Japan

Brad Kuang

OOC First Name
Sally
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
The Kuangs hadn't been meeting all the families in Tokyo for a very long time especially Brad. It was still cold and it was winter there, good time for snowboarding. He went to the muggle ski resort all by himself, this time Vivian didn't twist her ankle, she as with Sally shopping in Harajuku and Shibuya, what else? Usually Brad would come along with them but not this time, he wanted to go snowboarding so bad. And also he wanted to check out his father's fancy restaurant that was open in one of the villa near the resort. The brown eyed boy then arrived in the ski resort and sat on a gondola that brought him up to the mountain. It was pretty dangerous there, he had seen some beginners trying to ski on the advance level and ended up falling off the cliff. It was pretty scary but good thing that Brad was great at it.

Brad stood up and put on his snowboard and start snowboarding all by himself with an iPod in his pocket. He jumped and did some flips and landed perfectly and smiled. He had finished half way and spotted on a snowboard that he always wanted. He was too focused on it and eyed it as he narrowed his eyes. Brad accidentally bumped on a girl roughly, but good thing that it was on snow so that it wont hurt them too much. He wasn't sure if she was skiing or snowboarding but he was sure that she was hurt. "Dear Merlin" He muttered as he took off his snowboard walking toward the girl and took his goggle off. "Dear Merlin! Are you okay!?" He asked started being worried hoping that there was nothing serious.

Sakura had decided to stay in Japan for a while, as her mother was too busy with her other students. Her aunt had taken her sisters shopping, and Sakura hadn't wanted to go with them. Usually she loved shopping, but she wanted to go snowboarding today. Sakura rented a pale pink snowboard, which matched perfectly with her pink snowsuit. Sakura had her own snowboard, but it was currently in New Zealand. Sakura took the gondola up to the top of the mountain, and looked down the hill. "Eek." she whispered to herself. Sakura was an a good snowboarder, but pathetic compared to Amaya. Then again, Amaya had always been very good at althletic stuff.

Sakura began going down the hill on the snowboard, and immediately relaxed. She did a couple of jumps and managed to do a flip. "Nailed it!" she laughed. Something came speeding towards her, and crashed right into her. Sakura toppled to the ground and skidded a few metres. She lay on the snow with her snowboard still attached to her feet. She wasn't hurt at all, and was surprised when a boy came up to her. She took of her goggles and grinned. "I'm fine." she assured him. Sakura giggled. "Dear Merlin?" she inquired. She had used the very same phrase a lot of times, and it always amused her to hear other people say it.

Brad exhale heavily, he felt so great that the girl was alright. If she broke her leg, then he would be in a BIG trouble but if she was a witch or wizard then it wont be that bad since he could always ask his father to heal her using magic. But after hearing `dear merlin?` from her, he was sure that she wasn't one of them. Muggles rarely said that so perhaps she was a muggle? "I am sooo sorry" He said in Japanese helped her to got up "You sure you don't want me to carry you or something?" He was still panic, there was nothing behind it, he wanted to help her, that was it or perhaps became friends with her too. It was snowing but not heavy, he brought his snowboard and sat beside her and start wearing it as he stayed beside her worrying about her.

"How come you speak English so well?" He asked this time in English. Brad's mom was half Japanese and Korean so this was why he understood Japanese, his mother was more Japanese than Korean. It seemed that the girl was alright, Brad began snowboarding slowly along with her. "I'm Brad by the way, Brad Kuang. My father own `The Kuang` restaurant not too far from here, I'll treat you there" At least he had to do something, after all it was him who bumped on her not the other way around. He felt so embarrassed for bumping on her, he didn't want other people to think that he sucked at snowboarding, he wanted to show off so bad but turned out to be the other way around. "Merlin, I'm so stupid" He muttered.

Sakura smiled at the older boy. "It is okay, I am fine!" she said, speaking in her first tongue. Sakura didn't want him to panic, although she did find him amusing. Sakura couldn't stop laughing as she tried to stand up. The snowboard was still attached to her feet, and she sort of flipped herself up with her arms. "Mad skill!" she giggled. Sakura finally stopped laughing, and looked at the boy in amusement. "I live part-time in New Zealand. My elder sister lives there and I have to... look after her." Sakura looked at the ground. She made Michiko sound like she was either disabled or insane. Then again, Michiko was a little on the insane side. "How come you speak English so well?" she asked him.

"Oh! I am Sakura Yamamoto." Sakura introduced herself with a air of pride. She was very proud of her name and her family. Except her father, of course. "The Kuang..." Sakura murmured. "Alright then. I've never been there before." Sakura said happily.

Brad snowboard a little faster, actually insanely faster and jumped as he flipped three times and stopped and did the `S` pattern and stopped as he looked at her and smiled. "There you go, Mad skill" He showed off a little, Brad loved showing off, he was the only one who showed off a lot in the family. The rest of the member didn't really except his twin Vivian, well that was because she had been spending her time with him and she was influenced. But if she as with Zac then she wont be like that. Well hopefully... "Me? I was in W.A.D.A and moved to Beauxbaton" He said forgetting that she was a muggle. "I mean I used to live in Canada and then I moved to England and now I live in France" He laughed feeling stupid He wasn't going to confess to her and told her that he was a wizard.

Brad nodded when the girl said that she had never been there before, the restaurant was fancy and it was pricey of course kids on their age wont go there, Brad rarely go to the restaurant all by himself or with a friend but with a family, yes, he went there a lot of time. "Yeah I'll treat you" He winked and snowboard a faster and again, he jumped and stopped. He could see the resort not too far from him. He stopped and took off his snowboard and placed his goggle over his hat. "That was fun, so Sakura chan, any siblings?" He asked curiously.

Sakura laughed happily when Brad started showing off. She sped a a little and jumped. If she even tried to show off, Brad would surely upstage her. "Wow, that's a lot of moving!" Sakura exclaimed. She paused for a second, hearing the word Beauxbaton. Sakura was sure the knew that word. That she remembered. "You're a wizard!" she chirped in amazement. Sakura was amazed that she had run into another wizard in Japan.

Sakura snowboarded faster and followed Brad. She stopped snowboarding and giggled. "I love snowboarding." Sakura said happily. "Mm-hmm, I have three sisters. Michiko, Amaya and Megumi." Michiko is older than me, and she lives in New Zealand. Do you have any siblings?" she asked Brad.

Brad was surprised that Sakura knew that he was a wizard. Well of course, he did mention Beauxbaton before and of course his previous school W.A.D.A which was located in England. But he wasn't expecting on bumping on a wizard, at least not this day. Brad had tons of muggle friends and wizards and witches too so that was why he was great with them unlike some who would act awkwardly when they met a wizard or muggle. "I know, I'm good huh?" He chuckled and winked at her playfully as he finished cleaning his snowboard and placed it on his shoulder. It was pretty heavy but Brad was strong, he could lift anything he wanted, including his sisters, the two of them. So snowboard was nothing to him.

"Yeah, there's the four of us actually. The oldest brother Zac Kuang, the second Sally, and my twin sister Vivian. Zac ge and Sally jie are in Durmstrang while Vivian is with me in Beauxbaton. (gege: older brother, jie jie: older sister) What about you?" He asked casually. The twins were going to go to Hogwarts New Zealand but after knowing that Beauxbaton was pretty good, their father decided not to put them there. Andy, the father wanted the four of them live not too far from each other so Durmstrang and Beauxbaton were perfect for them even though one of them were going to Tokyo perhaps next year. But they weren't sure it was still a rumor.

Sakura unstuck herself from the snowboard, and handed it back into the rental shop as she passed it. "My family are all home-schooled, well sort of. My mother runs a small school for girls who don't want to go to bigs schools. I have to go there to make sure my sister doesn't... hurt herself." It was hard to explain why Sakura had to stay with Michiko. Sakura wasn't good at explaining things. "Sometimes I stay in Japan and learn with my aunt." Sakura liked Japan better than New Zealand, even though she preferred to speak English. Sakura looked up at the mountain, and saw a skier fall over. She giggled quietly, her hand covering her mouth. The skier got back up and continued down the mountain. Sakura found it entertaining to watch people fail at skiing.

Brad walked with Sakura who was returning the rental snowboard. Brad had to bring his back all the way to the limo that was waiting for him. He brought his snowboard since he prefer using his not renting. "That's cool. I've never live in New Zealand before but I used to live here in Japan for a year only. But then my parents decided to send me to London " he said as he walk to the bench, taking off the shoes and changed it to a comfortable one. Soon, he started to walk away from the resort and walk toward the limo which wasn't magical. Brad decided to stay as muggle as he could since muggles were around him. "I'm here to keep my promise. You know.. the restaurant thing" He chuckled as he opened the trunk and placed his snowboard in it as the driver open the door for him and Sakura. Brad immediately enter the limo and took of his goggle and hat but not his jacket. He didn't really care if people who were dressed fancy in the restaurant stare at him for not wearing fancy suit or those stuff. After all, it was his father's restaurant and those consumer were there and gave the family good incomes. Soon, a fancy restaurant with a big writing 'The Kuangs' was in front of them. Brad got our of the limo and ordered one of the waiter to unlock the family room in the restaurant. Brad was lead to the room and he sat on the chair lookig through te menu. Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese food were all there. "Pick whatever you want Salura chan" he said with a smile hoping that she was comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back