Snakes in the Hall

"Well thanks, I guess", Marc never found himself a fighter but it could be a possibility. He prefered to work behind the scenes at things and be the smart one behind the whole operation but perhaps leading in a slight direction towards dueling couldn't do him any harm. In fact it could come in handy in the future. Maybe Saffron could teach him a thing or two. "Yeah, I think we should get to some dueling when we have some free time. Maybe you could educate me". Marc chuckled at the thought of Saffron, a social-outcast, teaching him how to duel. Not only would it help her self esteem but could help Marc discover more about her.

Marc chuckled. "You're quite the teacher-pleaser then. How come you didn't make it into Ravenclaw? Slytherins are intelligent and cunning but Ravenclaws are the real smart ones". Marc paused and thought to himself about the hat's choice of house for him. Gryffindor would've been wrong for him, he's not brave or a leader. Ravenclaw... no no, would've put him into a depression. He's no puff so actually the sorting hat's decision to place him into Slytherin would've been the best decision. But I suppose that's what the hat is for.

Saffron was a calm person normally but her temper was one where she tended to cure anyone that irritated her or do something to make sure they never did it again. She made a mental note to learn the full body bind well. "We have a day off Saturday because we have Flying Sunday so either of those two days." She said. Saffron usually spent her weekdays in her books because that was where she was most comfortable. Her friend Isabelle was the same type but with fantasy books instead of text books. "After of course Isabelle and I go into the Forbidden Forest to see what we can discover." She said. She kept her eyes on his face. Marc was pretty free with his expressions so it was easy enough to read him. Her didn't seem like the type that would his classmates in trouble unless it benefited him.

"My temper is a bit brash and usually take the form of humiliation for the person that makes it flare. I think that's what the hat saw in me." She said looking to the side. Saffron really hadn't cared where she had ended up. She was brave enough to be a Gryffendor though she guessed that her tendency to do things on her own and looking out for mostly herself is what disqualified her. Hufflepuff would have suited well as well because she worked hard on everything she set her mind to. "I don't really understand the separation of students here. I spent two weeks in another school and over there it made since because we where divided by specialty" She said a touch of musing in her flat voice.

Nodding in agreement, Marc replied: "Yeah the weekend sounds good. I've got nothing going on". Listening to Saffron's every word carefully, he chuckled when he discovered her plans with Isabelle. His goal had been achieved: He had made her feel comfortable enough to tell him something that may get her into trouble. Although that wasn't his exact goal, he knew that admitting something like that without pausing to think about it must mean that she mean must trust him enough not to say anything - and he won't. He didn't know a lot about her or about who she was but she was a Slytherin and that was all that mattered.

"I think separation is more about sorting us on our personalities so we get on with the people in our houses instead of arguing with people completely different from us". Marc had a thought about it himself. Although it didn't make sense to Saffron, it made sense to him. He could see how tradition chose this way of sorting students and loved it. He wouldn't of met Saffron if-... Well if they divided the students by grades then he would've met Saffron but if-... It was clear Marc needed to think about this some more.

Not knowing what to say next, he discovered that he actually knew so much about her already. "I don't mean to be a pain but where is Professor Styx? How early are we?"

Thing was that personalities changed, people grew and changed. Saffron didn't think she would ever grow out of her awkwardness but there was hope. Skills could only be refined and developed and that was what she saw in her old school, they took the skills that where already there and sharpened them while allowing the students to develop new ones. Saffron was happy to be a Slytherin though, so far those that she had met where nice enough to her even if she would describe Marc as a bit oily. "All the sorting seems to be is tradition." was all that she said on the matter. She looked at the students behind and just as Marc commenhted on the time the bell rang to mark the start of class. "He should be opening the door to let us in right now." She said smirking a bit. The door indeed opened to let them in and Saffron hurried to her seat at the front of the class.

Chuckling at how early he had managed to get to class, Marc followed Saffron inside the classroom. He assumed he made a good first impression on Saffron. He wasn't one to rub his personality in other people's faces but he does hope that they didn't hate him. The only person in the world Marc hated was his father for sending him away from home without giving a reason. Only time will tell if things will get better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back