Smells like home

Zach Jordan

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
There was still so many things about his new world that amazed Zach. The difference between what he was used to and the world he lived in now was staggering. The first few days he spend at Hogwarts he had spent alone exploring the castle as much as he could. Zach knew that he spend weeks exploring the castle and still be able to come across an area he had never seen before, but for now he just needed to be able to get around without getting lost. One of the places he sought first was the Library, his mouth almost fell open when he stepped inside. There were rows upon rows of shelves all of which were stacked to the brim of thick books, books were littered across the tables that ran between the isles. Zach knew that every single book in the library contained information he didn't know yet and he couldn't wait to get stuck in.

Zach returned to the library once his lessons had begun and his homework had started to pile up. After dumping his school bag at one of the empty tables, he quickly navigated through the isles pulling out books on a variety of subjects, potions, transfiguration, herbology and defence against the dark arts. Some of them were required for his homework, some of them were purely to enhance his own knowledge a little faster than he was being taught. He piled them up on his table, despite multiple piles they soon reached over her head. Zach briefly considered spreading them out but decided to keep them where they were, shutting him out from the world.

Levy had been having the most fun with her classes. She had been asking questions left, right and center during classes and she was so glad that the professors could answer her efficiently, otherwise she would have gotten all confused in class and her brain might refuse to understand the remains of the lessons properly. But, as expected, her professors had answered her questions and indeed there was only one in the whole semester that had refused to answer her questions. Professor Grumpy, also known as, Professor Kalif Styx. She didn't even get what he was so angry about! With a sigh and pushing almost horrid thoughts to the back of her mind, the young girl entered the library to be greeted with the unmistakable smell of ink and parchment and old books. This was the environment she was truly comfortable with and she just couldn't help but be continuously amazed at it despite the countless times she had been here already.

Levy stepped in to the aisles between the shelves as she ran her fingers through the books present, searching for one specific transfiguration book that she needed for this week's homework. Though for some unknown reason, said book was nowhere to be found and this troubled the young girl greatly. She needed that book or else she might not be able to pass it on time. And so, she left the aisle and began searching on the desks, just in case it was left lying about somewhere but no matter where she looked, it seemed as if she would never find it. Until she saw him. Levy was in awe at the stack of books surrounding him. She knew Ravenclaws were wide-readers, but she had never seen another student with a stack of book as tall as her own when she's too much into reading and she was definitely staring at it wide-eyed. And in her staring she had caught sight of the book she needed! It was among the stack of books he had. She bit her lip, not quite knowing what to do, but she knew she needed said book and so she decided to approach him while she fumbled with her hands as a sign of her nervousness. "Uhmm.. E-excuse me!" she piped up when she stood behind the boy and decided to call the his attention.

At first Zach couldn't hear anything that was going on around him. He sat with his head in his hands reading the book open in front of him. He must have been half way through the Standard Book of Spells Grade 1 when someone tried to get his attention. At first when she tried to get his attention, he didn't hear her. However after a few moments Zach suddenly became aware that a young girl was standing next to his table. Zach could just see her over the top of his books, he hastily moved some aside so he could see who it was that had tried to get his attention. He didn't know her name, but it was a face he had seen around, she was a first year like himself and by the crest on her robes, she was a fellow Ravenclaw. He smiled, "Hey there, what can I do for you?" He asked curiously wondering why she had interrupted him when he was clearly in a deep study induced trance.

Levy wasn't usually nervous. But disrupting someone when they were reading so deeply, she didn't like it. After all, she didn't want to be interrupted whenever she was reading too, even if said culprit was her brother or her sister. And this time, she was not even connected to the boy except by year and house and yet, here she was disturbing him. She continued to fumble with her hands a little nervously as she smiled at the boy. She hoped he wouldn't mind too much about this. "U-uhm... We have a homework... In Transfiguration?" she subtly asked hoping that the boy would understand what she meant. They went through the same classes after all and he should no doubt know that they were given a homework about things discussed in the previous lesson. "I'm sorry... But, I was wondering if I could borrow this book for a few minutes," she asked with a sheepish smile as she pointed at the Transfiguration book she needed that was among his great stack of books. "I promise I'll give it back straight away," she told him giddily and hoped that he would agree. Levy really needed that book for her homework after all.

Having given up the pretense of reading his book and had now turned his full attention to the girl in front of him. She seemed nervous, twiddling her fingers, stammering to get her words out. It was not something he was used to seeing, Zach had never known someone to act this way around him, although he had to admit he found it cute. From her broken up words he heard homework, Transfiguration and borrow, Zach looked around at some of the books in his pile and he saw the book he had picked out to do his Transfiguration homework, he just hadn't gotten to it yet. He picked up the book and slid it across the table, "Take it, I'm in the middle of multitasking my Herbology and Astronomy homework so I won't get to Transfiguration for a while," He said smiling broadly. Maybe he shouldn't have taken so many books, somehow it never occurred to him while he was collecting every book he could carry that other students might actually need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back