Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Unyielding Aspen Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Theia had made Delilah a friendship card for valentine’s day at the last Heta Omega event, but through her intent to keep studying and also her nervousness to celebrate valentine’s day and play into the pressure she felt to act like the older students who were all giddy over the holiday and especially the dance, she decided against giving away the card on the day, worrying it would be weird. Now that valentine’s day had passed and the commotion in the castle had returned to its normal level, Theia felt far less nervous about giving Delilah the card, and decided to try and find her in the library one afternoon. Thankfully she managed to spot Delilah on the fourth floor corridor. “Oh, Delilah, hey.” Theia greeted, soon pulling the card from the pocket of her robes. It was glittery and golden, and had Delilah’s name on the front of it, with a message inside telling Delilah she was a good friend. “I made this for you at the Heta meeting before valentine’s day. Thought it might be too weird to give to you on the day, though, so here.” She said with a shrug, offering the card to Delilah and hoping she wasn’t coming across as awkward.​

Delilah was on her way to the library to do some reading and had just stopped to check to see if she had the right books with her when someone called out to her. She turned around and saw that it was a familiar face who had tried to grab her attention. She smiled and raised her hand in Theia's direction as a greeting. "Oh!" Delilah said more as a sound of surprise then an actual word. "That's...so nice." she added quickly and took the card gently and read the note inside. She could feel her cheeks slowly start to burn, unsure how she was supposed to react to such a kind gesture. "I got you're rose too. I don't think I ever thanked you for that. It was very nice." she rambled slightly and smiled, but she couldn't quite meet the other girl's eyes. "I just feel bad for not returning the favor at all." she admitted and nervously tucked her hair behind her ears.

Theia wasn’t sure what to make of Delilah’s surprise at first, and returned her hands to her pockets after Delilah accepted the card. She looked to the floor and kicked at the stone slightly, wanting to seem calmer and more nonchalant than she truly was. In reality she wasn’t used to making friends or knowing how to act around a potential friend. Her social interactions limited to her siblings, and then to the occasional interaction with Luxen not providing her with any idea of how to act 'normal' around other people her age. “Uh, you’re welcome and stuff.” Theia mumbled, only looking up from the floor when Delilah said she felt bad for not returning the favor. “It’s okay, really. I wouldn’t know what to do with a rose or card anyway.” Theia said with another shrug. “Do you wanna be friends, properly, then?” She asked a moment later, wanting clarification that she and Delilah were friends after all and she wouldn’t need to wonder if she was acting awkward or weird if she sent Delilah another rose or made another card in the future.​

Delilah smiled, appreciating Theia's kindness. It was kind of bizarre to her to have someone be so unconditionally nice. Her family wasn't really like that, which was obvious by the way Simon ignored her most days. Even her own friends seemed like the wanted something from her. "Well there's always next year anyways." she said, with a small laugh. Delilah hadn't expected for her to ask to be her friend. "Um sure!" she blurted out. "I didn't think you needed to ask someone to be friends." she teased lightly.

Theia smiled slightly as Delilah did, relieved and pleased that Delilah wanted to be her friend, even joking she could send Theia a rose or card next year. Theia still wouldn’t know what to do with a rose from anyone other than one of her siblings, but she did appreciate the gesture. Shrugging again, although this time she was happier than anything, Theia responded. “I’m glad you wanna be my friend, even if it’s odd to ask. It’s nice to know for sure.” She said with a nod of her head, looking down to the books Delilah had with her. “Oh are you going to the library or something?” She asked, knowing the library was on the fourth floor. “Did you need help with those books? I can go with you if you want, would be fun to study with a friend. Even if you’re younger than me, couldn’t be bad to brush up on stuff from first year.” Theia suggested, unsure if Delilah would want company for studying but wanting to offer company anyway, it was the least she could do, Theia thought.​

"Oh yeah, I was." Delilah said, suddenly remembering why she was in this part of the castle in the first place. She had been so caught of guard she had forgotten. "Oh, no I've got it. But if you want to join me that's fine." she said and reposition her bag on her shoulder. "Actually I'd like that quite a bit. I've been having some trouble with charms. I'll take any help I can get at this point" she added quickly with a small laugh, thinking about how her wand had acted up in the last few lessons. It probably wasn't something Theia could help her with but she doubted it would hurt either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back