Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
it was a surprisingly sunny day in wagga wagga australia. after a chain of storms had shaken the small house (which truth be told was built more like a barn) the previous week it was now sunny and pleasntly warm. It was one of those rare days when everything seemed to be going to plan. the weather was sunny, the moon was new, it was a saturday, and the whole small family was off together. Briar rowan-Cullen was outside in the small paddock that was used as the front garden. sitting on the grass drinking some juice from her cup was willow. She knew Dee was around somewhere too. most likely inside doing something. there was something peaceful about the property. It was a deep breath of a day when she had a few hours break from her usual, and purposefully frantic life. infront were her lands paddocks which gave way into farmland. From this location the town was obscured by hills.
although she was an unlikely candidate, motherhood had suited briar well, her earlyer frantic energy and restlessless had something that needed it, a constant way to output which made her less likely to do stupid things, sure she still ran every morning and had taken up quidditch again, but the last time she had jumped off a cliff into a lake was a good year or so ago. the best part of the week though, the part she looked forward to was saturday nights. whilst many families she was sure spend saturday nights sat in front of a telivision watching a movie Briars were dfferent. she had said from the start, from when she had decided to keep willow that she wanted the girl to have a proper upbringing and for her a proper upbringing consisted of camping once a week, so every saturday evening (exept for those of a full moon) she would take willow and a tent and find somewhere on the 100 acres she owned and set up camp for them. when the girl got older she would do more than sleep in a tent but she had to start young and now was the best. Besides she loved sleeping outside.
Next to her willow threw her now empty cup onto the ground and made to stand up. She was doing this more and more often and getting stedyer on her feet. Se would even make a few tentative steps if someone was walking behind her holding her hands to keep her stable. It wasn't something briar did often. Call her a bad mum, a pushy mum but she had always been taught things the hard way. As much as she was really exited for her daughter to walk her was of doing it was to make her want to do it, by taking a leap or rather step of faith, not little bits at a time. The red head looked around to see where dee was. The busyness if the weeks and the juggling of time zones meant they didn't spend nearly as much time together as she would like. I was afternoons like this that they could try and catch up.

((Sorry it was a lot of scene setting. And I know it doesn't sound much like briar when she starts doing something she will do.))

Father hood had knocked unexpectedly for Dee, he didn't think it was ever possible for him to have a child. You know that werewolf mind set made him stubborn as a mule. So when she announced her pregnancy he was shocked followed by fear. Fear that two werewolves can produce an offspring. A werewolf child, it took a lot of convincing and reassurance on Briar's part. She worked for the department of Ministry, she would know if their child would be infected by lycan blood. He grew to idea several months later, now almost one he couldn't believe how much time has passed.

You've missed so much Dederick, he knows. He feels guilty, yet he comes around whenever he was free. He missed Briar so much and Willow too. The impulsve to carry her away was growing increasingly. He sighed, be normal don't over do it. He stepped out of the house, a smile reached his lips. "There you guys are, been lookin' for ya. How are my two favorite girls?" his grin broaden, he walked over to Briar and gave her the most loving kiss he'd ever given her, so much so he picked her up one swift moment kissing her with a burning passion. "Missed you Briar.."

Briar was so glad to have dederick back. After willow had been born he had been on such a low she had been almost worse off than a single mother at times, it was thanks to her sister and both of their mothers that she had come so far as smoothly as she had. Thankfully dee was coming back to his normal self. she heard him coming behind and turned around to great him with a hug, instead he swept her of her feet.she laughed in surprise before he kissed her, kissed her so passionately she could feel herself flush and melt into him like she was sixteen again and they were kissing for the first time. she put her hands around his neck and kissed him back. in a way that said 'i love you and would go to the ends of the world for you no matter what'.
Eventually after what felt like forever but was probably not that long they broke apart and Dee said that he had missed her she smiled "I missed you too." she whispered into his neck knowing it wasn't particularly missing physically seeing the person but rather feeling emotionally close to them. she clambered out of his arms so she was standing close to him instead. there was only so long she could cope with feeling like the damsel in distress and as much as she loved being in Dedericks arms she was reaching the limit. she hugged him tight placing her head on his chest in a way that she could still see wills who was clapping her hands gleefully watching them and still smell him and hear his heart beat its steady beat in his chest.

He always thought she looked pretty when she blush, forget pretty. Beautiful. His faced flushed the same, his cheek redden by her closeness. Seperated just by fabric, he knows its physical yet emotionally he missed her the most. He had his days, bad days. And Briar was a bare witness to how he struggles a lot with his inner demons. They mocked him on the daily, working to break him. But he fights back, he won't let them win. No. He had two reasons to be strong and they were right there when he needed to coope.

"How's my princess?" he chimed letting go of Briar. She took after so much like her mum, its cunning the resemblance. Red hair, in between olive tone complexion. He smiles walking over to Willow, she claps her hands repeatedly cooing over her father. "You're getting so big on me, how will I be able to carry you?" He pokes her little nose, she mumbles baby talk as if to say, I don't know daddy, how will you?

He walked back to his partner slipping Willow between the two. He pressed his lips to her again, gingerly capturing every movement with Briar's own. "We might need some alone time for that later, until then..." he raised a brow, bouncing Willow in his hands, "...what should we do now? All afternoon free, let's do whatever you want baby."

that moment felt like it was almost perfect. moments like this and she felt like she expected a normal family to feel. something she never thought she would be part of. if five years ago she was to guess as to what she would be doing with her life, she would have expected a non werewolf her playing chaser for the thunderers. in fact the only thing that was the same was the property in Australia as that was where the thunderers were based, and also because ever since she had first visited here with the margeras it had always held happy memories. she felt dederick let her go and felt a moment of missing him. before realising that the thing that had been missing was willow. and he was going to get her. she smiled as he spoke to her and she garbled something back. "I don't think she will be needing to be carried everywhere soon. I think she is almost walking" she said walking over to the two of them putting her arm around his back and holding them both close kissing willow on the head before she was kissing Dee again. "yes that will have to wait until later." she said mentally smiling at the thought of what later would bring. she thought of what she wanted to do. she had so little time off with her family she wanted to make the most of it, but she didn't know what she wanted to do. "I don't know dee. you decide" she said. not wanting to let go of the two most precious things in her life quite yet in order to do anything quite yet.

"Oh is that so? I was expecting her to be flying with the world greatest quidditch player as her mum" he smirked. Willow hooked her fingers around his nose, such a random act for the little girl. He chuckles, making noises with his nose. That was the good thing about Dederick, him and sister got along greatly. So it was no shocked he sort of knew what to do when he was around Willow. He looked like a born natural, what they don't know won't hurt them. Yes he look natural in his environment, only meant he was being very careful. About everything.

He set willow down on the grass, and crouch before her. He held her up, slipping his grip lightly around her digits. "M' fine with staying home, and maybe we can order muggel food?" He forgot, forgot they may or may not be hidden by a charm
He used the means of floo powder to get here so he wouldn't know. "Really got used to eating it all the time now...is that bad?" He inquires looking up at Briar. "Maybe I should start eating healthy again, like you?"

Briar smirled. "quidditch is next week." she said joking. watching as Dee played with wills he seemed so natural. it was so nice to see him like that, it was nice to have a bit of a break. she just watched them for a minute. sitting down beside them. "are you enjoying yourself willow?" she said to the girl as the girl smiled at her before turning back to her dad who was playing with her nose. he really was good at it being a dad even if he didn't believe it, he was the best boyfriend she could have asked for.
Dee said they should order some muggle food. she wasn't one to usually order stuff in. she would eat it if she felt like it but it wasn't something she made a habit of. but when he mentioned it she felt like eating it "good plan. I'm starving" she said, she didn't eat as much as she used to when she could eat constantly and not be full, but she still ate a lot. "what do you fancy? I will pop into town and pick some up" she said. she meant pop literally as she would apparate into the town. although it was a muggle town there was a high magic population. there was a witch who lived nearly in the centre who had a small orchid in her back garden which was basically open to any wizards to use as an apparating point which wouldn't be seen by muggles. "it isn't bad." she said watching as willow stood up and looked at her stretching her hands out. "come on will. one small step" she said encouraging her to walk and holding her hands towards her ready to catch her if she needed to but not close enough to be able to hold her. the girl seemed to understand her and picked up one foot cautiously. she was so exited and caught eye contact with Dee, she was glad that they were both able to share this moment. the next moment willow was on the floor her hands blocking the fall. "good work" she said brushing the dirt off her daughters hand. it wasn't quite a proper step but she was almost there and Briar was so exited.

He watched as his daughter attempt to walk the young child balancing out her hand too walk. She was careful, every bit of her animated body was cautious. Not cautious enough, her chubby little fingers broke her fall. "So close, she doing great." He commented, his boyish grin sooth out the lines of stress showed on his face. The more time he spent with his little family the more he felt at ease.

"I'll eat anything, you know werewolf problem"
he slap his gut, he was famished. "As long as I have you later for dessert" he smirk, closing in on the space to capture Briar's lips for the third time today. This is gonna be a problem. Geeze Derick let her breathe. He slipped his hand slightly at her throat, greeting her neck with a teasing kiss. "Have I told you how much I miss and love you today?" He quipped. He doesn't think he's said it enough. He was just so lucky to have her back in his life. He wanted to marry her properly one day, a big wedding and all. She deserved it, she deserved a lot more.

there was a thing about Dederick Cullen that briar realised she loved about him. she was sure many girls would be put off by it but briar wasn't many girls, she had never been many girls. that thing was that each morning you never quite knew what you were going to get. on his good days like today you would get love and laughter, on other days you may just get an average guy then on bad days you would get the full face of what it was like to be him think you were in some sort of weird hell and wish that h would change. not that she really meant the wish, the unknown and the changeable, were things that had always attracted the fierce red head. she watched as the girl stood up again this time facing hr dad and briars eyes met his and she had to stop herself from moving closer to kiss him again as this may be her daughters first steps. the girl sat looking like she was trying to draw courage from somewhere before turning to face her dad as if listening as Dederick said he didn't care what they got so long as he got her after. "we will have to wait and see about that" she said winking at him before he was back next to her lips and her neck. she let out a sigh, as she kissed him back. it wasn't a long kiss as Dee spoke again saying how he missed her and loved her. "Dee you don't need to miss me when i am right here." she said. "But you can say you love me again because you know what? i love you too" she continued whispering the end in his ear. the moment was broken as attention was drawn back to willow who standing again looked like she was about to try and walk. briar held her breath as the baby lifted one foot up, put it down, then did the same with the other one and a third step too before she fell over just as she reached Dederick. "yay willow," she cheered her baby girl, not knowing what else to say she was just so happy at how today was turning out letting Dee give her her first walking hug. he deserved it, he was a good dad to her even if he didn't know it and she had practically fallen on top of him.

He smirked, an eye roll follow. "But I like saying it because I feel like I was just your partner before. And its much more then that" he confessed. He wanted to shout and squeeze the air out of his lungs so she knows what she means too him. Kinda overdramatic but these feelings they were stronger more then ever. And all he wants to do was wake up everyday telling her this until she got tired of hearing it. The werewolf had to calm down, these were his highs. Days when he felt so positive about the world but they can be dangerous time too. Maybe a trip to St. Mungo's will do him some good.

His attention from Briar was stolen by his daughter. He was easily impressed she had taken her first step. His hands reached out for her and she did it walking towards his embrace. "That was bloody brilliant little red" he grinned kissing her baby face. Derick nuzzled her, wrapping his arms around Willow. "What are you going to next? Hmm? Fly a broomstick. Cheeky girl." She let out a high shrill laughter when he nuzzled her again. "This calls for some ice cream that's for sure."

Briar didn't quite understand the whole point of the different names for couples, partners, boyfriend and girlfriend, it just made simple things complicated. "who cares about the name. as long as we know what we are" she said. she knew that part of it was his high talking but she knew part, hopefully most of it was his mind. she knew that she would do anything for him and willow. she smiled as he nuzzled up to the girl she turned around so that she was next to them not opposite and put her arms around them both leaning in and making a group hug. it was exiting having willow take her first steps, and having both of them there when she did it, she would have been disappointed if the first people to see her walk were the witches who ran the ministry daycare.
She was happy to have him back as himself. "is that right willow?" she said to the girl ruffling her tuffty hair which was certainly rather ginger. the girl let out a shrieking laugh she seemed to enjoy the attention,.now where does she get that from? she thought sarcastically, knowing that it certainly wasn't dederick who gave her a love of attention. "Ice cream it is then." she said. deciding that she wouldn't go to wagga for it instead she would go to florian fortiscues. it would be easier to be honest as she could appareate straight to it and not have to walk and have it melt. but there was no need to rush. she kissed willow on the forehead then Dee again. she had to make the most of the highs, she never knew how long they would last.

"I care" he said in a small whisper, he smiled at Briar as she gather them close to a group hug. Willow was already bouncing up and down his forearm. And with that he pushed her way above their heads so she looked like she was flying. She started that shrill laughter again, it was cute and he adored her so much, it amazed him how much she's grown. "Alright kiddo, down you go" he set her down on the ground so she could get used to it. The walking and sorts. Figured she needed another go at it, Derick watched closely in case she gets hurt, he made sure to be there to catch her.

"So ice cream and food?" he turn to his long time girlfriend, "Sounds like the evening all plan out, except desert on me" he smirked and wield his arm around her waist. Derick kissed her lips lightly, and plant a light kiss right at her neck, and another right at her cheek. "Unless you have something else in mind? I'm up for anything, anything at all" he whisper close to her ear, "But I'd really like to spend a few hours alone, before the next moon comes. You know how they are..." he says leaving another kiss by the ear.

whilst hugging the two most important people in the world Briar heard Dederick said he cared what they were. moved her head slightly angling it so she could whisper in his ear. "I know we are more than just boyfriend and girlfriend. but if you really care what the rest of the world thinks, you know what you can do" she whispered. she had not really thought about it much. where she come from once you were mated and had a foal you mated for life. Which was why she had added his name to hers once Willow was born. but she knew her current world didn't work the same way. as she was thinking this she watched Dederick lift Willow up so she looked like she was flying. she smiled at the girls shrill laughter. and part of her looked forward to when she was old enough to fly properly. Even though briar may not be the most safety concious parent she knew that eight months was far to young to be learning to fly. no she still had a few years to wait.
what an afternoon today was morphing out to be. she loved dee and loved being close to him though as he kissed her again and again she was starting to feel like she needed a little bit of space. she kissed him back before standing up. watching as willow tried to walk again. "I'll just pop into town and get some food then" she said taking her wand out of her pocket. "I'll be back in a few minutes" she said turning on the spot and apparating to obsidian harbour. she hurried down the street to the ice cream parlour and ordered a few tubs of the ice-cream not sure which flavours to get. the ones that didn't get eaten today could save for some other time. she also ordered a taster plate, a set of cheesy chips and some nachos all take away. once she had everything the hot food in a bag in her write hand and the cold in her left she thanked the lady left the shop and turned on the spot to return home.
she headed back out to where the others were sitting out on the grass. "dinner is served" she said emptying the bags onto the grass and opening the boxes. there was more than enough for them here but today deserved a bit of celebration. she summoned a few spoons for the ice cream (which had been charmed to no melt) and a bowl for willows food so they could mash it up a bit and make it easier for the toddler to eat. "I hope i haven't missed much" she said putting some chips and chilly into willows bowl and mashing it slightly before helping herself to some of the nachos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back