OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Where once the verdant leaves clung to the trees and the sun had warmed the ground, now the branches were barren and lifeless, hybernating until the spring. Warming charms, bluebell fire caught in jars and many mounds of lush, soft blankets and pillows piled on the cold ground. Sumner had taken care with tonight, waiting until the stars were at their zenith, bright twinkling light within the dark night sky. He waited for his wife with a little patience. He was not normally a patient person and he tried to curb that for now. But he wanted to hold her in his arms, to tell her how much he loved her, to show her how much he would miss her when they could not be together.

Hearing her familiar tread, his light grey eyes, appearing nearly blue in the flame light, lit with expectation. If he could never have her body again, he would be content just to have her love, to have her near and to know that he was becoming secure in her love. He didn't consider it a weakness, not at all. She gave him strength he had never had before and he would fight anyone to the death if need be to keep her. The knapsack, laden with food and warmed butterbeers, sat beside him as he huddled within the covers.

Once she approached, he held his hand out to her, beckoning her nearer silently.

Lily had been busy in her room packing up the last few years of her life that was left there. She had taken quite a bit to her apartment over the Holiday break, but this time, this was it. She was graduating and she was packing everything for the last time. Picking up an old textbook, a picture of her, Estrella, Courtney and Kaela fell out. They were laughing and smiling in the room, all piled on each other on Estrella's bed. She couldn't help but wonder about Kaela and where she was now. It was odd how their lives had changed since that picture three years ago. Kaela had left after her fourth year. Courtney had moved back to Canada to finish school and it was only her and Estrella last year. Now, she was the only one left in school, and that was coming to a close. So many changes had happened that Lily was feeling overwhelmed. When a knock came on the door, she all but bit the first year girl's head off as she handed her a note. Soon as she opened it though, she smiled. It was from Sumner, asking her to come to the cliffs. There was so much to do, but she desperately wanted to spend time with her husband. The rest of the packing could wait til tomorrow. Grabbing her jacket, she headed out, praying to get out of the castle before curfew took effect.

The temperature was cold and Lily shivered as soon as she walked outside. She moved quickly, trying to generate some body heat so as not to be still shaking when she made it to the appointed location. Of course, she didn't need to worry. Sumner had thought of everything. The area was so beautiful, glowing in a light blue from the jars around the ground and trees, blankets and pillows covering the ground. It was gorgeous, but nothing compared to the man who held his hand to her. Her husband. Lily felt a tear slip down her cheek. She was so touched that Sumner would do this for her, and her love for him swelled in her chest. Placing her hand in his, she knelt in front of him, taking his face in her hands and kissing him gently. "This is beautiful," she whispered to her love, her eyes glistening in the light with unshed tears of happiness and love.

Sumner brushed his lips against her, a small smile playing among the corners of his lips. His legs began to ache being scrunched up, which was beginning to happen more and more often lately. He stretched them out to the side to give her room to sit beside him, holding the blanket out for her. "I'm happy you like it." Nothing here though could compare with Lily's girl next door beauty. He gathered her into his arms and spent a few wonderful moments just holding her, his lips playing across hers. "I'm going to miss this," he sighed. "Not having you here with me next year, it tears me up Lily." His hand brushed the hair from the side of her face, "But I'm happy for you, proud of you."

Just when Lily thought she couldn't love someone more, Sumner proved her wrong, making her love him more than she ever thought was possible. Yes, she loved Blake when they were together, still did and always would, but that love was nothing compared to the love she held for her husband. He was utterly amazing and in turn, made her feel amazing as well. The feel of his lips on hers made her forget everything outside of the moment they were in right now.

"Next school year scares me, Sumner," she admitted in a quiet voice. "I don't know what I will do without seeing you every day, without being able to talk to you anytime I want to." Lily snaked her arms around his waist, resting her head on his chest. "I am excited for graduation, I really am, but I just wish you were graduating with me. Or that I had another year to go. Anything so that we don't have to be seperated." It was really hard for Lily to admit just how much she was going to miss her husband during the school year. Yes, they would have Brightstone weekends and the holiday break to be together, but the weeks between those times was going to be way too long.

Sumner held her close, his eyes closing as he breathed in her scent. It would be sheer and utter agony on those long lonely nights in his bunk, walking through the halls of this school, knowing that every time a class let out, she would not be there. No smiling Lily, no hugs or kisses stolen in between classes, no getting caught in the greenhouses, a personal fantasy of his. "I wish I could go with you, see you play on your new team, instead of being stuck here." He kissed her again, not wanting to let go of her lips. His forehead rested on hers and he wanted to break their sadness, to make this night memorable. "Let's not worry about it right now," he murmured, slowly withdrawing his arms. "I've prepared us a kickass meal and I'd like to spend tonight with you, toasting the stars...," he smiled, the grin endearingly lopsided and silly. He took out two bottles of butterbeer, twisted the caps and handed one to her. He clinked his bottle against hers then held the warm drink up. "To my Lily, may her future be as bright as the stars and her love be infinite as the skies." He had been reading way too much before nightfall and risked sounding like a silly, love drunk prat.

It struck home with Lily that Sumner wouldn't be there for her games like he always was. It would be so different to be playing without him at her side, smashing the bludgers way from her and keeping her safe. Now she was going to have to depend on Courtney or another teammate to protect her. It was going to be an adjustment for her, and a hard one for her to make. Instead of dwelling on it like she had been this past week, she decided to live every moment with her husband to the fullest, starting with this one. They really only were going to be apart for a few weeks at a time, but after being together almost non-stop, it was going to be an adjustment.

Returning his kisses with as much passion and love as she could, Lily had a bit of good news dawn on her. "I got my schedule owl'd to me this afternoon, so I would know my practices and games. You will be able to come to a few of them before school starts again. I think we play the Thunderers and the Cannons before you start back." She didn't want to mention that they would be playing the Falcons this year, right after school started back. She was planning on keeping that one from him as best as she could so he would not try to skip out and come with her.

Starting to shiver a bit as Sumner pulled back, she was unable to contain her smile at the warm bottle of butterbeer he handed her. Lily blushed at his words, loving the way they made her feel. She clinked his bottle back, then spoke softly. "To my Sumner, may this winter break go slow and the school year go fast and bring my love home to me as soon as possible." She could not stop the tear that slipped down her cheek. No matter what she did, she was overly emotional about graduating.

Sumner was moved by not only her words but by the emotion in them; she was so honest, so pure in spirit. He would go to any game he could he could and listen to the wireless to any that he couldn't. His wife, strong and sure, on that field would fill him with pride and also with fear that he wouldn't be up there with her to protect the most precious person in his life. His lips brushed her cheek, wiping away the tear and his strong arms gathered her close to his chest. "I'll only ever be an owl away. Whenever you need me, you can be damned sure I'll be there, no matter what." He would sneak out if he had to. He kissed her then began to unpack the food, careful to keep her enclosed within the warm blankets. He handed her a plate and sitting back, he began to pick up a small piece of chicken. "Tell me more about your team Lily."

Lily took the plate of food and smiled. She loved how thoughtful Sumner was, getting so many of her favorites. Picking up a chicken leg, she took a huge bite and chewed quickly so she could answer his question. "Well, the playbook is looking interesting. Quite a few plays that I never have flown before or even seen. Ford has been sending me some to work over. Rumor on the team is that one of the current starting chasers is going to be picked up by a US team. He thinks that I have a good shot at winning the spot over the other rookies." She looked at her husband with that competitive gleem in her eyes. "I want that spot, Sumner. Bad. Only thing I want more is you." It was funny. Her life for so long was quidditch, school, boys. Now, it was totally reordered to be Sumner, quidditch, everything else. She smiled at her husband, beyond happy to be spending time alone with him.

Teasingly he kissed her lips, nipping the bottom before drawing back and nabbing a bite from her chicken leg. Chewing, his thumb brushed against his lower lip to catch a crumb. "Want me to break in some heads? Thin the competition?" His other arm came around her to draw her closer to his side. "You're going to obliterate the competition babe. Once you get on their pitch, they won't know what hit them." Sumner wasn't blowing smoke up her arse either. He knew just how good a captain she had been for their team and her chaser skills were superb. "I'll be there as much as I can. Just think, one year...," he trailed off, putting down his bottle and wrapping her other arm around her waist, his face nuzzling into her sweet smelling neck. "Every night we'll snuggle into our king sized bed," he chuckled, not voicing what would come next, "and every morning we'll wake up and your beautiful face will be the first thing I get to see. For the rest of our lives." The thought should have panicked him, especially with how young they were. Yet it never could, not with her, his love.

Lily smiled at Sumner's offer to litterally pound the competition. "I cannot wait until we have every night together instead of just over breaks. Thank goodness I can take out my frustration on the pitch. The competition will not know what hit them." She sighed as her husband's lips found their way to her neck, nuzzling it and sending the most wonderful sensations throughout her body. Her hands came up to his hair, entwining in it, then pulling his head up to her lips. Lily couldn't help wanting to kiss her husband passionately every chance she could and being outside, in the candlelight and under the stars made her want to do nothing but kiss and be as close as possible to the love of her life.

Sumner threaded his hand through her hair and lowered them to the blanket. If he had only one night left in his life, he would spend it worshiping the woman in his arms. The scent of her shampoo, the soft touch of her skin against his, the gentle rasp of the blankets that cocooned them. He didn't give another thought to the bottle of butterbeer that tipped and tumbled away from them or the food that would rapidly grow cold. All he could think about was his wife, his Lily, and how perfectly she fit him. "I love you," he whispered into her ear, before giving way to the night .

"I love you," Lily whispered in return. Until she had given into her feelings for Sumner, she really had no idea what love really was like. Yes, she had loved Blake, but they were so young and innocent, a true first love. She would always have a special place in her heart for him, but no matter what, it was nothing like being with her husband. Her love for the man who craddled her in his arms, kissing her passionately, was all-consuming. He was her perfect match, and Lily praised God every day for bringing him to her. The upcoming school year would be difficult, but they would manage and before she knew it they would be celebrating a year of marriage and Sumner's graduation.

The stars had begun to fade from the night sky as morning approached. Lily sat huddled under the blankets eating a piece of cold, fried chicken and taking swigs from the bottle of butterbeer that she was sharing with her husband. Snuggling back against his chest, she adjusted his shirt around her shoulders as she spoke softly. "I cannot believe I am graduating in a few hours." She sighed, then took another swig from the bottle before offering it to Sumner. She turned her head to look at him, pressing her lips to his jawline. "You are amazing, you know that? Tonight has been absolutely perfect." Blue eyes seeking grey, Lily glowed from her happiness. This was one of the best nights of her young life, ranking only behind their wedding night and Sumner's birthday.

Sumner bit off a piece of from her chicken, laughing softly when she'd held it to his mouth. She was the prettiest damned thing he'd ever seen in his life, how had she fallen for him? He knew very well he was a loud, crude son of a ***** with not a lot of redeeming qualities, that he could see anyway. "You're the reason I'm amazing," he murmured, kissing her. "If it weren't for you, I'd be starting fights for no reason, taking out my anger on anyone in my path." He smirked. "Instead I get to hold this amazing girl in my arms and...," he trailed off, his lips taking hers once more.

"Oh ****!" Sumner jumped up and threw his clothes on. "Lily, wake up! We're going to be late!" He grabbed up his shirt and buttoned it up crookedly, throwing on his jacket over it to hide the mismatched buttons. Kneeling, he kissed her awake. "Don't freak out now...but we're about to be late to your graduation."

Lily was having the most wonderful dreams, snuggled up inside the blankets that Sumner had provided them. She didn't want to wake up, didn't want to move from the warm softness of their bed. Lying there, warm and cozy with Sumner's arms around her, she could die right then and there and not care. It was perfect. Life was perfect.

As Sumner jumped up and swore, Lily groaned and rolled over, burying herself into the warm comfort once again. Then he started shouting about being late, but in her sleepy daze, the fact that she was going to miss her own graduation if she didn't get up and start moving immediately was not a concept she was able to grasp. "Just five more minutes. I don't have class til one today," she muttered, swatting at Sumner softly. Then his lips were on her face, kissing her awake gently. Then it hit her. Graduation. "Oh S***!!!" she screamed, sitting up quickly, clutching the blankets to her. "Dammit. I need to shower! And my dress is up in the tower!" Franticly, she stood up, letting the blankets fall from her form and quickly began to pull on clothes, any clothes, from the ground that she could find. Grabbing Sumner's hand, she was completely freaking out. "Let's go!"

Sumner couldn't help laughing as they ran toward the tower. Nothing they did would ever be boring in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back