Slow Death

Fiery Claudia

Thump.. Thump.. Thump.. The sound of footsteps echoed continuously inside Claudia's mind. It seemed so puzzling how she could still work her thoughts despite the lack of a physical body. How could she still think now that there were no nerves to send those tiny messages to the brain that was no more too in Claudia's ghostly body?

The world doesn't react to Claudia, but she completely reacts with it. That was why she was walking now along the corridor. Surely there was no real sound. But there was the memory, memories of when she was still a mortal walking along the parks in the muggle world. Ah, memories of footsteps. Her footsteps when she was escaping the death eaters so fast that Claudia thought the steps were not hers. But was there any use of that speed? None. They caught up... Captured her... Killed her.

Claudia stopped dead still on her imaginary tracks. The memories had overran her. And here she was trying to limit her thoughts on remembering things. There was a sudden muteness of the surroundings around Claudia, a muteness that molds with her ghostly appearance.

"Why, Why, Why, oh dear wizards..? Why do I die without any knowledge of you, dear wizards? Why do I die so unfair and so one-sided..?" It was a whisper from her. So childish and yet so cold; clearly not a human's voice.

Eden walked along the corridor she was not in a happy mood. Everything that could go wrong today had gone wrong. As Eden walked she swore she could hear something. What it was Eden was unsure but it sounded close and it did not sound like anything that she had ever heard before. Pulling out her wand Eden moved a few paintings aside much to the dismay of the people inside. "Hush or I shall have you removed and locked away in a room with no way for you to travel." Eden said sharply to a group of young girls that where in the painting she had just moved.

Continuing on her way Eden could hear the sound better. It sounded like a child's voice but there was something wrong with the voice. It was cold and a bit faded. "Hello is anyone there?" Eden called out. Keeping her wand steady Eden continued to look around in hopes that she would find the source of the voice.

Slowly, Claudia turned her head at the left, her supposedly transparent hair reflecting a tint of gold as though she was still human. "Dear wizards, you tell me lies. There are nothing of you except darkness..." she continued talking even though she started to glide towards the girl who was calling her. "Imprisoned because of regret I did... Why, it is because of you, dear wizards..."

When Claudia finally turned to a curb, she saw a student about 15 years old, wearing a Slytherin uniform. Most Slytherins become death eaters. A sharp glare from the ghost's soft eyes. It wouldn't be fair if she throws her grudge to this Slytherin child. It wouldn't be fair.

"Dear wizards who were never fair, I despise you... Dear wizards who abuse power, You killed me."

Eden turned around again. Where was that blasted voice coming from? "Hello? I can hear you. I'm not going to hurt you. Promise." Eden hushed the paintings. She needed to locate to direction of the voice only than would she be able to figure out which way to go. Eden forced herself to stand still. slowly letting her breath exit her body. Eden stood motionless. Unmoving, not breathing. Faintly Eden could make out what the voice was saying. "Imprisoned because of regret I did... Why, it is because of you, dear wizards..." Edens brain started working. "Are you a ghost?" Eden asked softly.

Eden walked around a bend and almost walked right through the ghost. Eden held back a scream. Eden hated screaming it made her sound weak which she was not. "Um hello Miss." Eden shook her head she sounded silly. "Who is it you despise? I hope not me, because I did not mean to bother you if I have." Eden looked closer at the ghost. She looked to be about Lilith's age but prettier.

"Words words. You can't prove anything with mere words." Claudia spat, still glaring at the girl. She had the strong urge to hit something with her fist. It is one of the nightmares of ghosts. They couldn't have any physical connection with anything in this world. They couldn't hurt nor comfort. They could only give words, and Claudia believes that if it's the only thing she can do, she would make it all true. "That's because you live, and I stay dead."

Claudia watched some of the students enter the hospital wing. "You die slowly with every disease," she muttered, pertaining to them. "But when slowly, you learn to accept. When slowly, you learn how to be brave." Yes, a disease could have been better than the swift green light of the death eater's spells. It could have been better...

Eden frowned. There was something a little off about this ghost. Than again there was always something a little off about ghosts. "I know I am alive while you can not be. It's not my fault that it is like this. I had nothing to do with what happened to you. I might not even have been alive when you passed on." Eden knew that there was nothing she could say that would make the ghost of the girl look better but the least Eden could do was offer a ear.

Eden watched the students as well. Eden knew that some of them would not make it long enough to die of old age. "What is your name?" Eden was not sure how to speak to a ghost but Eden wanted to know more about this girl but Eden would not push it.

"Of course you weren't alive!" Claudia shouted. "Your existence was not even planned when it happened! But what is the difference..?" Claudia's rage had apparently caught up with her. The limit had been crossed once again. "What is the difference! YOU ARE STILL ONE OF THEM!" Claudia clenched her fist as though she would hit the girl any second now. But it appeared to Claudia that she cannot, so she calmed down.

When the girl asked her name, she smiled as though she was never angry. "Claudia Montcleve, daughter and descendant of a family of pure bloods that vanished a long time ago." Memories of the past. The house, the family. Everyone. Everything. Everything that proves Claudia's life was gone. Her existence was erased.

Eden rolled her eyes. She had never been yelled at by a ghost before. It was a little annoying. "I don't know who hurt you but it was not me or mine. I am here trying to talk to you and be nice. I am sure that it must be lonely being a ghost and all so could you please stop screaming about things I have no bloody control over?" Eden stayed calm that whole time there was no need to yell or anything else.

Eden listened to the girls name. "Claudia Montcleve. It is a very pretty name. I am Eden Koshiba." Eden said in a kind voice. Now that they knew each others names. Maybe Claudia would stop yelling at her.

"It's not lonely being a ghost. Of course not." Claudia said in a matter-of-fact tone. She was really glad that the student showed at least a small sign of irritation. Claudia loves it when someone gets angry because of her. But unlike the others, this girl seemed a bit more composed. It was the reason why Claudia decided to try and talk to her. "I'm actually happy to be a ghost. I get to torture the students in this school." She laughed at the idea of it. Her childish laughter seemed to show that she was actually laughing at something really funny, and not because she was thinking of the students' angry looks.

When the girl told her name to Claudia, there was a slight tingling inside her ghostly mind. "Koshiba? That's a rather familiar surname. I think I've been hearing the name since when I was still in slumber." Claudia wasn't sure of this. After all, she could have heard the name when she was still alive. A long living family of wizards.

((OOC: OMG I am so so so sorry for forgetting about this. I am such a dork. Please forgive me))

"I would think if would be lonely but if you say that it is not than who am I to argue." Eden wished she knew what was this ghosts problem but than again it might be that they where dead and would not be able to go on because they choose to stay behind. "Really how do you torture students? I mean sure you can scare them but you are just a ghost you can't really do much more than that." Eden said in a smug voice.

Eden watched Claudia. "Yes Koshiba. The Koshiba family from Japan. There is not a magical family out there that does not fear and respect the Koshiba. The students that are here at this school are starting to learn that as well." Eden was proud of her family. Where ever she went in Japan people stopped what they where doing to look at her and show her some kindness in hopes Eden would mention them to her father and they could ask a favor or something later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back