Skulking in the dungeons

Elspeth Brookes

OOC First Name
Ceara (Melissa)
Wand
Willow wand, 14" with Unicorn hair
Late at night Elspeth wandered through the dungeons. Since the day at the lake, she hadn't been outside. She liked to be in the dungeons. The depressing featureless walls matched her mood, and the fact that no one she knew came down here. She had spent the afternoon trying to make herself presentable. Her hair was finally brushed, and in a plait down her back, after being matted and ignored for the past few weeks. It was after curfew, and she knew her room mates would be worrying about her. Since her mother had died she had been acting strangely, switching moods with no warning, and snapping at people.

"Well Hello there!" Sui Chin exclaimed. She was surprised to see a student still awake at this time of the night. The girl seemed to be sad or as if something was bothering her. Sui Chin silently waited for the girl's reaction to see her.

"Umm, hi. Isn't it a bit late to be down here?" Liz suddenly realised she was here too. "Oh. Right. Never mind. What house are you in?" She smiled shyly. She wasn't very good at talking to people. "I'm Liz. Um, what's your name?" She looked around at the walls, and felt a little claustrophobic. She wished she was in the library, or in bed. She couldn't remember why she had come down here in the first place. She should be in bed. Studies showed that the later students stayed up at night, the worse their grades.

"Yup I know, I just can't get to sleep" she said cheerfully. "Pleasure to meet you Liz ..I'm Sui Chin! First year Gryffindor, How about you?" Somehow she felt awake but there was something trying to put her to sleep still Sui Chin ignored it. She wrapped her arms around her to make herself warm.

"First year Ravenclaw. If you can't get to sleep, why don't you stay in your common room, or just wander around upstairs? It's just, it's really gloomy and creepy down here..." Liz noticed Sui Chin was cold, which brought to her attention the fact that she was freezing. Her teeth started chattering, and she wished she had thought to bring her cloak.

"Well the fact that I like cold places and I just felt I need to be here for no reason." she said lightheartedly. It might be cold but Sui Chin was use to cold places and all, through her experience traveling the different countries around the globe. "Besides I needed some air though" she whispered to herself but someone anyone could hear her whisper. "Well Liz How about you?What's your reason? she asked her.

"Umm, I'm not really sure... I wandered down here a few minutes ago few some reason. I don't really know why." She shrugged uncomfortably. "Yeah, it is really cold down here..." She frowned. She was really confused about why she had come down here. She wanted to go upstairs and read herself to sleep. She was rereading Bathilda Bagshot's A History of Hogwarts.

"Ok okay, still not tired?" she asked her. There wasn't anything to talk about at that time and the fact that it was already late. It was her first time to meet the girl but it seems to be a bit boring talking with her. Sui Chin started to think on some questions that could brighten up the conversation. "So Liz How's Hogwarts so far to you?she asked her eager to know her answer. Sui Chin loved making other people smile and happy, she wanted to see a the smile on Liz face but she couldn't think on how that could happen right now and right here in the cold dungeons.

"It's really interesting finding secret passages all over the place, and the library is amazing!" She thought of the common room, and all the people who had been really nice to her. "And every one is really lovely, and it's fun exploring..." She couldn't think of anything else at the mooment, but she would remember later. She smiled. Now she thought about it, the dungeons weren't so bad. Sure, they were creepy, but that added to the allure and mystery of the place. She could see why Slytherin's common room was down here.

"It's good to know someone is enjoying the school just like me." she exclaimed with delight in her eyes. Sui Chin was happy to see the girl smiling, she loved making everyone smile or the fact just to see other people smile just makes her happy. Still Sui Chin wasn't ready to go back to the dorm and sleep. She needed to be awake for just a couple more minute.

"How could you not enjoy the school! It's so big and mysterious, and you know that no matter how long you live here you'll never know all the secrets, and every one is really interesting, and the stuff you are learning!" Ells paused for breath. "Muggles would never know this stuff! I mean, we're learning magic!" She glanced at Sui Chin. The night was starting to catch up on her, and she yawned suddenly, unable to help herself. she grinned apologetically.

"Yeah I agree I just love being here" she exclaimed. As the night became darker and darker she could feel the wind getting cold. As Liz yawned Sui Chin can't help to yawn just like her, she could feel her eyes tired. Still she tried to open her eyes wide, and then glanced at the full moon appearing.

"Yeah, the school's really-" She broke off for a yawn, then continued, "Cool... I'd probably better get back to bed. See you around." She hoped she wasn't being rude, but she really was tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back