Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Ryuu walked outside in a smooth motion, not making a sound. He breathed silently, as his pale blue orbs scanned the area. His eyes stood in contrast against his jet black hair. The aura around the boy was dark, and chilling. His clothes were strange, black and flowing. Ryuu was not used to this sort of environment. His boots met the grass with ease, until he came across the lake. The water calmly hit his boots, and Ryuu stared down at it for a moment. Stones appealed to his pale eyes, and his pasty white fingers wrapped around one. With the right flick of the wrist, and with careful precision, the stone skipped across the water. It traveled a good distance before sinking into the abyss of the lake.

Ryuu allowed a flicker of a false smile to appear on his white lips. His black hair moved like silk in the soft breeze. With another smooth motion, he picked up another and skimmed it across the water. Ryuu was skilled in activities such as this. All his life, he was trained to be a warrior, and now, he was free. However, Ryuu had no idea how what to do with freedom. With another stone in hand, he flung it across the waters. His expression was vacant, much like his eyes. He was what he was, and there was nothing he could do to change that. Ryuu's eyes flashed a bit with anger, for a flicker of a second, before he returned to his stone skipping. The Gryffindor was oblivious to those around him, not that he really care if they watched him.

Merlina was finally settling in to Hogwarts, it had taken her a while. She had been too blunt and forthright with people and had found out the hard way that when the truth was told up front, it was often too ugly and too much for some to handle. But she didn't know any other way, she had never been able to lie and would simply have to learn the tedious task of omitting certain truths from now on if she expected to make any friends around here. So far she had Kaede and quite possibly Oscar. Though she had met others during the summer, she had only seen them briefly in class and had chosen to simply stay out of their way for now.

As she neared the lake she saw a boy skimming stones and smiled. She hadn't done that in a while, had never been much good at it either but had always found it fun.
'Be nice... do not be blunt...try and smile' she told herself, these she had discovered was what students around here succumbed to. She liked being friendly and open with Kaede and Oscar but sometimes it felt so hard to be constantly smiling, when it was something she wasn't used to. Having lived for all her young life in a house full only of adults, she didn't know the pursuits of childish pleasure except for this stone throwing that her father had done on occasion when he needed to think.

"Hello, I am Merlina" introductions up front might also help, she thought it certainly couldn't hurt, she watched his stone skim across the water.
"You're good at this" bending to pick up a few stones of her own she didn't even give the boy a chance to tell her to get lost, she simply attempted to skim her own. Though it was a feeble shot.

Ryuu continued skimming stones, his pale blue eyes black and void. He simply watched them skim across the water, and finally sink into the empty abyss of the lake. He heard footsteps, but ignored them. The young Gryffindor continued with his own business, but the voice snapped him out of his thoughts. His pale eyes stared at the girl from under his black hair, until he finally moved it with his hand, his fingertips slowly grazing his white skin. The only dark part about his body was the jet black hair. His pale eyes should have been a cerulean blue if it wasn’t for the lack of sunlight all his life, and the skin had a bit of a gray hue to it, although not noticeable. Out in the light, it just appeared white. He and his siblings missed out on having the proper nutrients gained from the sun.

Ryuu spoke, his voice soft and like silk, “Ryuu.” Never had he really had much contact with people outside of his family, thus only conversing with his siblings. Sometimes they had become so close, they hardly needed words to understand each other. However, this was different. Ryuu continued to stare at the girl, but turned away. He could barely stand to make eye contact. Picking up another stone, he skimmed it. “Thanks. It is a simple task.” However, he watched as she made a meager attempt, and shook his head. “You must flick the wrist, like so.” Ryuu made sure that when he skimmed the next stone, that he made his moves slower, and more proficient to understand.

Merlina gave a slight smile, the boy hadn't told her to leave him alone so that was a plus already. She was disgusted by her feeble attempt but after he had introduced himself, Ryuu slowed his own movements down so she might see how the actual application of the procedure worked. He of course made it look so easy. She flicked her wrist as he had said and her stone managed to skim twice across the lake. It hadn't been much but it was alot better than falling completely into the lake.

She had seen him stare at her and was not at all uncomfortable about it, so she didn't look as pretty as the majority of girls she had seen here at the school. A disturbing amount of pretty girls actually but Merlina had enough confidence in her intellect not to be phased by what made others stick out from the crowd. Like Ryuu infront of her, his paler than pale skin and his amazing pale blue eyes looked like none of the other boys she had seen yet. But she liked different, she liked quirky and out side the box type of stuff. So she certainly didn't mind at all how strange they must both look now, the geeky spectacled girl and the ghost like boy.

"I guess practice makes perfect huh?" she braved another smile as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and looked out to where the ripples moved outward.

"Are you from around here, in New Zealand?" she had not been able to place his accent at all but since she had been here she had heard so many. Her own Italian one was not as thick as it once had been, especially as she spoke English all the time now.

Ryuu could not help but think that it was odd that the girl was even still around. Ryuu wasn't like most boys. He was a trained warrior, and it was his father's fault. He was built on becoming the perfect warrior, same with his siblings. His style was slightly different however. He was based on his own, alone. While his twin siblings had each other, and were being trained now to fight solo. Ryuu watched as Merlina made some progress, and nodded at her attempt, giving her a silent 'Good job'. Ryuu wasn't used to giving out such words. His english may be perfect, or perfectly understandable rather, but it was his way of life.

Ryuu skimmed another stone as his responded softly, "I suppose it does indeed." Practice made perfect. How many times had he heard that in his life? Perhaps one million times too many. However, he was not going to be rude and say this to her. She had no idea how he was and he was not a rude person. He mostly just kept to the shadows and often to himself. Ryuu heard the next question, and replied, "No. I come from Japan." He skimmed another stone across the water. "Are you from here?" He had not heard any accents before now, and was oblivious to where people had originated from. Ryuu wondered if the girl was native to a country close to his own.

Merlina liked the fact that Ryuu didn't over speak anything, she had found that when she came out of her shell she spoke way too much if people let her. This was good though, almost like a serenity. She smiled up at him when he gave her a slight praise on skimming, she marvelled at his own efforts though but knew in time she would become proficient. The question now was, did she really want to become a professional skimmer of stones when there was so much else to learn about and to practise.

When he mentioned he was from Japan she turned around to look at him properly. She should have seen it probably, he was alot paler was all than her friend Kaede who was also from there. It would seem she was drawn to her Asian brethren.

"No, I am from Italy. It is beautiful here though. How are you finding it here so far? Is it very much different from home?" she threw her next stone instead of skimming it and then wiped her hands together to dust off any dirt.

"Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I don't mind keeping quiet if that's what you prefer?" she grinned then thinking he would probably prefer if she simply left him in peace.

Ryuu stopped skimming stones. One could only do the same thing for a certain amount of time. Ryuu's body turned to face Merlina properly. He wore his black trench coat, black jeans and a black shirt underneath. He put his hands into his pockets, and flicked his hair back and out of his face, though the hair continued to cover at least one of his pale blue eyes. Ryuu's expression was blank, as if he had no idea how to express emotion. With such a tight environment he lived in, there was no reason to express themselves emotionally.

Ryuu's lips twitched slightly in amusement when Merlina asked a string of questions. He did not mind. He surprised himself that he didn't just walk away like he normally would. Something kept him standing firm and upright in his place. "It's...very different." It was all he could really say. A boy of short words, it would seem. Ryuu thought for a moment, and shook his head extremely lightly, "No, it is fine." He paused for a brief moment before adding, "Unless you prefer to stay quiet." Ryuu shrugged lightly, as he stood, making eye contact once more. "What house do you dwell in?" It was an odd question. But his father had made a huge deal about wanting Ryuu to be in Ravenclaw, to whom he had disappointed by wanting to be in Gryffindor and here he stood.

Merlina felt another wave of relief wash over her that Ryuu remained standing instead of wandering off. She stuffed her hands into the small pockets on her tartan skirt before looking out over the lake. His eyes were mesmerising and as inquisitive as she was, Merlina feared she would quite literally stare at him without blinking for hours if she didn't simply look away now. Not wanting him to think she was rude after all. A multitude of questions was one thing but staring a boy down just damn right uncomfortable and creepy.

"I do prefer the quiet most times, I'm not used to this many kids around. I'm an only child, I am the only child in fact. I have one other cousin but she is only half Italian and comes from Ireland. She's at the school as well though I don't see much of her" Merlina braved another look at the cerulean eyes. Didn't he know he could do serious damage with those eyes? It was looking into a block of ice with a soul...Merlina turned away again. For a moment she thought she had seen a long tentacle flip up from the water and frowned.

"I'm in Ravenclaw. All my family are Ravenclaws. I think we all would have been so disappointed if I had not gotten in but it was meant to be. What about you? Did you get the house you hoped for?"

Ryuu's pale eyes stared at the horizon. He had very rarely really seen the day lit sky. He liked the fact that sometimes, when the sky was a bright, pale blue, it matched his eyes. His life had been different. He never knew if he lived a harsh life or not. It just was as it was. He turned his attention to Merlina, and felt as if the distance between them shortened as they continued to converse. And yet, he had not moved an inch. His eyes then gazed onto the lake, to see some ripples in the water. Was there a creature in there? He did not know, nor did he care to know either. As long as it stayed in the water, and he on land, everything would be fine.

Ryuu finally forced himself to make eye contact again. However, forcing himself to do such a bizarre action made his eyes go from void to a little more fierce without emotion. "I have a brother and a sister, for they are twins. I know not if I have other family here." Ryuu spoke the truth, and his voice remained the same, smooth and clear, yet fragile like silk. Ryuu turned his head toward the water. He could sense the calmness. It felt...rather nice for the young warrior.

Ryuu gazed at the ground. She was in Ravenclaw, what his father wanted him to be. "I'm in Gryffindor, to my favor. My father wanted me to be in Ravenclaw, but I am not fit to be one, or else I would be in that house." Ryuu made eye contact once more, and once again, it proved to be difficult.

Merlina had decided the more that Ryuu spoke that his voice was like silk. She didn't know why she came up with this but part of her wished he spoke some more, though she wouldn't hassle him of course. That wasn't her way. Her foot lightly kicked a clod of earth as she tried her hardest not to look into the cold blue eyes. It was only there colour she surmised had the coldness, somehow she didn't believe that of the person. Especially when he said he was a Gryffindor. She was also instantly jealous of him for having siblings, twins at that. She had so often wanted brothers and sisters of her own and had often thought she would not have turned out so ... different from everyone else if she had playmates growing up.

All of her life had been solitary, devoid of other childish contact except for the very few occasions she had gotten to meet Andromeda.

"Do you get on well with them? Your brother and sister?" hoped she wasn't been intrusive, her head was bent low as she engrossed herself in the job of patting down the clod of earth once more. Slowly she turned her head to look at him up through the hair that had fallen over her glasses. Her own blue eyes were hidden behind them, she didn't need to wear them all the time but had become so used to them that like her wand was fast becoming an extension of her, so her glasses had along time ago.

"Gryffindor is a great house, only the very brave get in there" she smiled at him wondering if this was the trait that had secured his placement in the prestigious house.

Ryuu used his pasty white fingertips to move his hair from his face, allowing both of his pale eyes to be seen. His hair actually stayed in place. It revealed that his face was an expressionless, extremely pale and a serious Japanese boy. One that would not want to be tampered with, and one most likely suspected of something, whether it be good or bad. Ryuu's fingers lingered at the corner of his lips, and he cocked his head slightly to the side, as his other hand rested on his arm's, which was touching his face, elbow, resting. His pale eyes searched her own blue eyes, as if in search of something that he was missing himself. More than likely, it was something that he did not need.

Ryuu responded shortly, "Yes, we talk." No play was involved in their strict household. Perhaps that was why he was forced to grow up so quickly. He had to help raise his two siblings, and they too were like him. Short of words, ghost-like appearances and movements, and warriors in training. They hardly needed words to communicate with each other, for they were all each other ever really, truly had growing up. All they could ever count on growing up, was each other. Ryuu simply ignored his memories, deciding that it was only best to remain...in the dark.

"So they say. Are you satisfied with your house?" The question lingered in the air, before vanishing like dust in the wind. He continued standing his stiff posture. With such a posture as of now, not one would suspect of the things he is capable of. Especially maneuvering himself in tight areas.

Merlina couldn't help but wonder just what it was they talked about and if the conversations were even lengthy. He seemed more into monosyllables than a full scale conversation, well everyone to their own.
"I guess it's ok alot of them are very sure of themselves and just because they're in Ravenclaw think they must be right about whatever comes out of their mouths. Heaven help anyone else who voices an opinion" she told him with a sigh, Merlina's outspoken and blunt way of putting things had not won her over with many in her house but as Kaede said it simply took time to get to know other people and to put yourself out there. Hence why she had come over and stayed put, almost detemined he was going to be her friend without Ryuu having much say in the matter.
"I suppose I haven't quite got the hang of being loyal to my house yet, I'm sure that will come with time too" she muttered the last part then took off her glasses to give them a wipe with the end of her blouse.
"There's suppose to be some kind of giant squid or shark in the lake and yet students swim there all the time, how mad is that huh?"

Ryuu stared at them in disbelief. They were mostly air-headed jerks that thought that they were right all the time? Well, that did sound like his father then, but at least he had shown that he was telling the truth by proving it. Ryuu would not mind meeting one of those air-heads. Ryuu would probably end up scaring them with his expressionless features and his odd stature, as well as his mystifying behavior. Ryuu though could do more things than just spook someone. He had yet to reveal who he truly was, and wouldn’t until time demanded him to come out. Ryuu liked to call that other side, ‘Raiden’. However, not one outside of his siblings new about him.

“They should be put in their place. Opinions or no, not everyone cares for them.” Ryuu’s pale eyes blinked twice, and continued to stare at Merlina. His gaze was turbulent, as he forced himself to hold it there. As much as he reviled making eye contact, he still did. As silent as he was normally, he found himself speaking more than he usually did. Ryuu stated, his voice close to a whisper, “I have yet to meet other Gryffindors.” Ryuu moved his shoulders stiffly, yet smoothly as well.

Ryuu cast his gaze over to the lake, his moving slightly as he slowly turned his head. There was such a creature in there? Ryuu stated audaciously, “A request for suicide, it would seem.” Had children truly gotten that ignorant? However, that spark of Gryffindor attitude made him curious to know what was in there. But that Ravenclaw side also gave him common sense.

"Well I'm not the one to put any body in their place just yet, I might wait until I'm a bit older and a bit taller" her small height of 4'4" was average enough for her age she thought but on seeing so many others her age here being so much taller, Merlina had slowly come to feel inadequate. She had yet to see anyone else wear glasses or be even slightly plump as she was, they all looked as if they had stepped out off a catwalk. Perhaps that was why she had found herself drawn to the strange looking boy beside her.

"Hmmm suicide..." hated that word but his view of the matter seemed accurate.
Merlina looked out once more across the lake, a bird overhead seemed to shriek instead of singing normally and the fright it gave Merlina made her drop her spectacles. This was all she needed, show him just how clumsy she was too. Which she wasn't normally but loud obnoxious birds would surely startle anyone?

Ryuu took a step toward her, getting closer so that he could measure her height more accurately. He was naturally a lot taller than her, and stared down at her with his pale blue eyes. Ryuu spoke softly, “It is not the size or age that matters. It is what lies in there.” His ghostly-pale fingers tapped her cranium softly, before retreating as if he had never done a thing. Ryuu was not one for physical contact, but if need be to prove his point, he could do that very thing. Ryuu wondered what else might be troubling the young girl, was it…low self-esteem perhaps? However, Ryuu was not the one to assume such things until they proved themselves.

Ryuu gave a slight nod. He glanced up when a bird shrieked. He was staring oddly at it, however, something quickly caught his eyes. Merlina’s glasses had come off, and then, he swiftly bent down and caught them, before they touched the ground. Ryuu stared at the hand that had been in his pocket, which now had Merlina’s glasses resting comfortably in his palm. Ryuu had just demonstrated some of his lifestyle to the girl, which was quick reflects. Ryuu was extremely fast, but not so much as inhumanly.

Merlina stood stock still as he moved a step closer to her, what in Merlins name was he going to do? she felt the barest touch on her head and actually looked up to see what had happened. Had he just touched her head? She had liked what he had said and knew it to be true but though at home her intellect was praised and encouraged, she thought it would be here too. But she found that most of the students had other things but studying on their minds.

Before she could even begin to bend for her glasses, Ryuu had moved so swiftly, so assuredly to retrieve them that they hadn't even touched the ground. Merlina could only look from the glasses in his outstretched hand to his perfect blue eyes. He was bloody amazing. A wide grin spread across her face.
"That was so cool, where did you learn to do that or is it natural?" she gushed taking the glasses very carefully from him.

Ryuu could only stare at her, his lips slightly parted. He had hoped not to show some of his abilities that he had received in his training all his life while in school. Some of the things he could do would normally scare someone. Ryuu bit his lip from the inside, and couldn’t answer her right away. He just stood, a frozen statue, and did not flinch when she took the glasses from his hand. Ryuu finally showed some side of humanity when he moved his arm to his side once more after she had retrieved her glasses. The breeze moved his hair that fell in his face once more.

It was gentle to his ghostly skin, and Ryuu’s eyes were locked on her own. Though she complimented him, he remained paralyzed. Ryuu blinked, and glanced at the water, moving his head slightly more, hearing the movement that was in rhythm to his breathing. His heart which had quicken in pace slowed to steady once more, and Ryuu’s stiff body loosened slightly. Ryuu responded carefully, “Both.” It was the truth. Being like he was ran coursed through his blood, and he was being trained to be able to use his abilities to the best that he could. Ryuu wanted to take a step back, and run from what she had seen, that made him different.

Merlina was beyond perceptive for her years, she knew some bit about a persons body language and wondered now what she had said or done to make him react so. He was almost like a statue, though even then the smallest movements he made were so damn graceful, lithe and quick. Merlina felt like his nemesis, his complete opposite from looks to actions. She sighed, somehow what should have been a compliment to him had not gone down so well. She had goofed up... again.

This place really was hard, when she was blunt and outspoken people misjudged her. When she was being polite and friendly people were weary of her and now when she passed quite possibly the coolest boy she had ever met in her life a simple compliment he looked as if he would rather run from her. She put her glasses back on and pushed them up the bridge of her nose, then tucked her hair behind her ears.

"I guess I've taken up enough of your time huh?" she kicked at a clod of earth again, it would have been nice to get to know him but he obviously didn't want to.

Ryuu was appalled by the commit, but even more so when she seemed to think it was her fault. No, it was just the way Ryuu was. The way Ryuu was raised to be, and there was no changing that. Ryuu stared at the ground, and when she spoke, he immediately responded with a firm but gentle, "No." Ryuu glanced back up at her, his pale orbs staring into her blue ones, and opened his mouth slightly to speak, but paused. He had to think of words. English ones too. Ryuu shook his head, his hair flowing majestically, "I don't expect you to understand." Ryuu spoke lowly, but he wasn't about to share his life. He preferred to hide himself in the dark abyss, in peace, lost within the sounds of silence. Ryuu let out a sigh, and breathed, "How about we go to the Great hall for some lunch?" Ryuu attempted to be...what his sister spoke of... "friends" with Merlina. After all, she came to him and he didn't ignore her.

Merlina was all set to walk away when he spoke only one word that halted her. She looked up then straight into the pale cerulean blue orbs of this strange boy and knew that they would be friends. They were probably the strangest pair in the entire school but she felt comfortable and at ease with him which didn't happen very often.

"The Great hall seems like a good idea"
she smiled at him, showing her mouth full of braces as she did so.
"I mightn't understand now but I will some day" she reassured him turning around in the direction of the school.

Ryuu turned toward the castle, and repeated the words, "One day..." His clothing flowed behind him as his walked, with his ghostly white hands in his pockets. His movement was smooth and in rhythm, for he knew not the type of impression he would force upon others. The wind blew against his body, and he felt as though it were whispering sweet melodies and warnings into his mind. He glanced back at the lake, and in his mind, he heard his subconscious speak to him. It made him stare down at the ground, as he walked with her to the castle in silence.

"She knows not of what the cold blood that courses through your veins."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back