OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
Being back at Hogwarts was nice, for the most part. Tyler had enjoyed the relative peace and quiet of his break, but he was glad to be back at school where he at least had some sort of purpose and goal. He also had a girlfriend now, which was great even if it was also a little scary. Tyler knew he should probably be with her now, as he was fairly sure he was now meant to spend most, if not all, of his free time with Emily. But instead he was here by himself, thinking things over. He really liked Emily, he did. But he had never really been someone's boyfriend before. And the last time he had gone on dates with a girl he hadn't even liked her. This time he did, and it was a lot more intimidating that way. To be with someone he truly liked, Tyler knew he had to be open to her. He usually didn't open up to anyone, and while he trusted Emily, it was a step for him. He knew she wasn't like Sierra or like Blake, but in the back of his mind he still feared that if he told her anything she could use against him, she eventually would. Tyler sighed, plopping down on the damp grass near the lake and looking out over the water. He should just head inside and to the Ravenclaw common room, catch up with Emily after the holidays. Instead, he picked up a rock and threw it over at the water, watching as it skipped across the surface a few times. Maybe he could show her this trick, would she like that? He smiled a bit, imagining teaching her to skip stones.

It had surprised Simon how quickly he managed to fall into a comfortable routine now that he was back at school. It wasn't a feeling he was used to. Even at home, he may have a routine but it was rarely comfortable. One of his usual haunts was the lake but this time, it appeared he wasn't the only one who had wanted to find a moment of peace. He spotted Tyler before Tyler saw him and Simon momentarily weighted the options of just turning around and leaving. He had come to wallow in silence and wasn't sure if he wanted to deal with Tyler at the moment. They were supposed to be friends but they weren't those kinds of friends. Regardless, he figured it was too late to turn around now. "What are you doing out here looking all pensive?" he asked with a grin, keeping his expression one of amused disinterest. "Good toss." he said and nodded toward the rock as it sunk under the water. Simon bent down and picked one up for himself. He inspected the rock closely and took his time readying himself before throwing the rock. He was clearly out of practice and the stone only made two short hops before sinking, and he shrugged.

Tyler looked up as Simon approached him. He paused, thinking over if he wanted his company, then patted the ground next to him. "Just thinking." He said vaguely. "Thanks." He then said with a snort. "Can't say the same to you." He joked, glancing at him. "How was your break?" He was tempted to talk about his worries, his thoughts about Emily. But he wasn't sure if he was ready to be open with Simon, even if in theory he was his closest friend at the moment. Their friendship just didn't go that deep, he had no idea if Simon liked anyone, they had never talked about that much. Or maybe he just hadn't been paying attention.

Simon looked questionably at the ground before sighing and sitting down next to Tyler. "Oh yeah? About what?" he asked lightly. "Is Emily causing you problems already?" he asked with a playful smirk. He was careful to keep his tone light. The last thing he wanted to was overstep so he watched the other boy closely. "Haha." he said sarcastically. "It was a warm up." Simon said as he grabbed another stone and felt the weight in his hands. He shrugged again when Tyler brought up the holidays. "It was fine. Same old boring family stuff." he said as he tossed the stone, which ended up going a bit farther that time. "My little brother was more annoying than usual. He's starting next year and won't stop talking." he said with a chuckle. Simon had thought about telling Tyler about the note from his father he received last semester but every time he realized how bad of an idea it was and kept his mouth shut.

Tyler snorted when Simon immediately brought up Emily, he elbowed him lightly, rolling his eyes. "No. She's great. Don't be jealous." He told him, smirking back at him. "Just because I have an awesome girlfriend." He watched as Simon picked up another stone, and listened as he talked about his holidays. It sounded familiar, much like his own holidays. "Sounds like my cousin." He said with a sigh. Though at least Salem didn't live with him. Whenever Simon talked about his siblings, Tyler was glad he didn't have any. "Do you think he'll be in Slytherin with us?" He asked Simon curiously, watching as he tossed the stone a bit farther. Tyler gave it another shot, smiling as it skipped over the water again. "My holidays were similar, except I guess quieter." Tyler said, as he had no siblings running around to make noise. Though he could admit to himself that sometimes it was a bit lonely with just him and his parents. "Get any good gifts though?" Tyler asked him.

Simon made an offended sound and laughed as Tyler elbowed him. "Me? Jealous?" he scoffed, grinning the whole time. Emily was pretty but it wasn't like he looked twice at her, and it wasn't like they ever talked. Tyler could gladly have her. He gave his friend a sympathetic look when he mentioned his cousin. At least his cousin was all the way in France. "It's possible." he said thoughtfully at the thought of Caleb ending up in Slytherin. His brother was always scheming in his own way, but he was also painfully flighty and distracted. "But I doubt it." he sighed. "He'll pobably end up in Hufflepuff or something." he added with a laugh. "Not really." Simon said with a disinterested shrug. He hadn't gotten much for the holidays. Ever since the move their pile of gifts each year seemed to be shrinking. He had ended up with books his father thought were important, that he would never read. At least it was better than the frilly pastel robes Lila got since she was actually expected to wear them. "I did get a sweater from my family in France." he said with mock excitement. "What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back