sketching people

Tara Sitara

OOC First Name
Mia
Tara was in the corner of the student lounge. It was a lazy Friday afternoon and she had nothing else she fancied doing, homework could wait for the weekend, and Kate and Stefan were catching up, Sara was doing something for glee club and she was here in the lounge. she had her sketch pad out and was sketching random people who were sitting and studying, or playing. she had already drawn a couple of probably sixth years who were concentrating on a game of chess, and a girl who was laughing at something her friend said, a loud open laugh that had made he whole body open up. she was just finishing a boy who had fallen asleep reading a book near the fire and was looking around for her next subject when she saw that one of the girls was very familiar to her, it was one of her friends from first year who she hadn't spoken to for ages. she got up and walked over. "Hello Shiloh. long time no see, how have you been?" she asked making her way over to her friend. it would be nice to catch up with her after a few years of not not talking, not intentionally just by chance.

2medchf.jpg
</I>
Shiloh smiled as she stepped into the Student lounge. She had not often been here as most of her time was spent practicing her piano in the room of requirement, but otherwise she was in the library. Just by chance she had happened to be walking by when she saw that there were a few people in the room that seemed to be hanging out and having some fun. Shiloh had been so serious about her music for the past year that she figured she deserved a break, atleast for alittle while. She knew that she perhaps wouldn't be able to stay long, but it would be nice to be able to chat to a few of the students before she had to leave. Afterall, she did so enjoy making friends, especially since alot of her friends had drifted away over the past few years. Though admittedly, it was mainly her fault, but there was nothing she could do, it had just happened.

As she looked around however, she saw the face of a familiar girl. Some-one whom she knew, or used to anyway. Smiling as she recognised the face, she walked to meet her. "Tara, oh my god! How are you? I am great, I've not seen you in ages." She said hugging her used-to-be close friend. Hopefully they could get to that stage again. "Where have you been hiding?" She joked as she let her friend go and guided her back to the lounge to sit and talk. "I heard you got engaged. Is it true? I've been meaning to ask you about it, but I've been so terribly busy, I kept losing track of the time." She admitted as she shook her head. "Oh look at me rabble on, I do so love to talk." She laughed as she flicked her hand slightly.
<I>

Tara was glad that Shiloh had recognised her, though admittedly there weren't many people in the school that she could get confused with. She had been close friends with Shiloh in first year and it would be nice to get to know her properly again. "Its great to hear that you are well, I am very good too myself" she said hugging her friend back. she smiled when Shiloh asked where she had been hiding. "I have mainly been in the garden or likes edge drawing, the same as always. how about you? I haven't seen you out for ages" she said wondering where her gryffindor friend had been for these few years. when Shiloh asked if it was true about her engagement she smiled deciding that she would not let anyone else know about her past doubts about it or the situation in which it had occurred. instead she nodded and shoed her the ring on her hand. "yes it must be for a year and a half now, goodness we really haven't spoken in ages. what have you been up to all this time?" she said, that was how long it had been official though she knew that her family and the Patils had been organising it since she was six.

2medchf.jpg
Shiloh shrugged when her friend asked about her whereabouts for the past few months, even though she hadn't seen Tara in a few years, she had only been 'hiding' as it were for the last six and a half. "The Rosebush and such really is a beautiful place isn't it. I miss it there. As for me, I have been working on my piano concherto's. I'll have to show you sometime. Actually, Grace, you remember her right? Well, she and I have been working on a composition together, with her playing Violin, obviously, and me on the piano. It sounds great, but still needs alittle work." She admitted as she twisted her bracelet in her hands. Creta had given it to her last Christmas. She still missed her dear sister. And her mother was pregnant. She hadn't been expecting that. She had literally just walked in the door when she got home last year and they announced the 'happy' news. Well Shiloh wasn't so happy. She didn't want a little baby in the house. They were annoying, though admittedly she would not be around much to see it, but that was not the point.

She smiled again when she heard Tara speak of her engagement. Even though she thought it odd for a girl of her age to be engaged already, she figured she should be happy for her. And she was, she just thought that it was rather a big thing to rush into, and at only fourteen. "Well I for one am happy for you. Would I be able to come to the wedding?" She asked, not knowing if it was going to be an indian wedding or not. She had heard that indian weddings were usually family only, but that could ofcourse be untrue. "I'm assuming you will be graduating first?" She asked. Tara was a great girl and all, but that didn't mean that Shiloh would be jubiliant at the prospect of her friend being married before she had even finished school. That was just crazy.

Tara nodded when her friend said that she had been practicing her music. it seemed like most of her friends were into music, although she enjoyed listening to it and sometimes dancing she wasn't a big musician she much preferred her art. "of course i remember Grace, we all went to see wicked together if i remember right. you will have to play it for me some time though I am sure it will be beautiful" she said.
Tar smiled when Shiloh said that she would be happy for her. her other friends had found out about it want she had not wanted to be engaged but now she was over her previous relationship she was starting to look forward to it. "of course you will be able to come though you will have to get to india for it. as that is where it will be" she said. it would be a indian wedding as the patils didn't know that she was a witch and she knew that afterwards she would not be able to be a proper one she would primarily be an indian wife, though she was sure she would be able to use a little magic to help with the house work so she would have plenty of time. "thankfully i managed to convince my parents that i should graduate first, that took me a while, if they had had their way i would already be Mrs Patil." she said, she had never though herself of being Mrs Patil, Tara Patil, it just didn't sound right together. though like the idea of the wedding she was sure that the name would also grow on her.

2medchf.jpg
Shiloh smiled at Tara. It was good to see that she was happy about the wedding, though it was still a little strange to her. She wondered if it was an arranged marriage. She had heard that they had alot of those in the Indian community. She had also heard that their wedding's were extravagent. That would be nice. She hadn't been to a wedding before. Not even to her cousin's wedding because she had been stuck in school. That had been alittle bit of a let down, but she wasn't too upset about it. She hardly knew the girl anyway, so it would be stupid of her to whinge about that sort of thing. Shiloh smiled when Tara mentioned have seen wicked together. She had actually forgotten about that. Though at the thought of it, she suddenly remembered the whole day. The way Grace had quizzed her about the venue, the way she had kept pestering her about the portrayal of witches in the play. It had been kind of annoying actually. "Yeah, I might have to, it really is coming along very well, so it would be nice to play it for an audience." She smiled.

"Well, since you are waiting til after you graduate, I will be able to apparate, so I could apparate to your wedding. Wouldn't that be fun." she asked as she looked at the ring again. It really was a very nice ring and Shiloh could only hope that when and if she ever got married, she would get a nice ring too. "So, just a question, where did you meet thsi guy? How old is he?" She asked. She wanted to know everything if she was to ever buy her friend a wedding or rather engagement gift. She was really very good at gifts. "Is he Magical?" She asked.

Tara smiled when Shiloh said that she and grace could do with an audience. "well i promise i will be a good audience, and if you want more people I am sure Kate would love to listen too." she said, and she was pretty sure Kate and Shiloh knew each other. as if she remember right it had been when shiloh and grace and organised a first year meeting at the ball she had started to get to know kate properly.
she was Glad that her friend said that she would come, it would mean a lot if her school friends were to attend though she would have to come up with a reason why she had friends from all over the world as friends she was never meant to have left india, maybe her school would be an international school, that bridge she would cross when she got to it. though before she could start fabricating how she could get her friends to come she was being asked questions. "we come from the same village in india. in fact he was my brothers best friend growing up, He must be coming up for 18 now." she said, not mentioning that because of that during there childhood he had become like a second brother to her because of that. the next question was an obvious one, the kind most people asked her in one form of another "unfortunately not he is a muggle and works in his families business, though i don't know what kind of business it is."

2medchf.jpg
Shiloh laughed slightly. She would ofcourse love to have Kate listen to her music. She hadn't played in front of an audience in such a long time, even though neither she or Grace would mind having their friends watching, they didn't yet feel that the song was ready, and it didn't have any lyrics to it. It was simply a musical composition that they had thought up as a way to pass the time, that had later become an obsession. It was no big thing really. Infact, Shiloh though that she might ask both Tara and Kate to come and watch their next session, and see what they thought, it would be good fun atleast and that way, afterwards, they could all just catch up and hang out for a while. It was a nice thought atleast. "Then it's settled, you can come and watch Grace and I at our next session, I'll invite Kate aswell and then we can all catch up and see what you two think about what we've written so far." She said as she crossed her legs. She looked up at the clock. She couldn't stay for much longer, but she was going to stay until the very last minute.

When Tara answered her questions, Shiloh's thoughts were proved correct. If they had grown up in the same village, and he was older than her, it pretty much made true for it to be an arranged marriage. Of course, she could just be jumping to conclusions again. But she had said earlier that she had to convince her parents that she should have it after she Graduated, so that was a bit of a give away right? And she really didn't want to just come out and ask a question like that, so she decided to leave well enough alone for alittle while. Atleast until she came up with a decent way to ask. "Oh, that's alright then, what part of India do you come from anyway?" She asked. She couldn't remember Tara ever telling her. Shiloh frowned slightly when Tara mentioned he was a muggle. It would be highly likely that he then didn't know about magic. "Oh... he is a muggle?" she asked. Again alittle confused. She would have thought they would have married her to a wizard. Then she slapped herself in the head. "Forgive me Tara, I had forgotten that you were a Muggle Born too. Of course he would be a Muggle. You don't really know anyone else back at your Village right?" She asked, hoping she didn't sound rude.

"Hey, do you still have that ring that Grace gave you at the end of our first Yule ball? Remember when I had invited like ten people to come?" she asked as she laughed slightly at the memory. It had been a very nice ring. She hoped Tara still had it.

x- Tenilee actually forgot to post giving the ring to Tara, but it is mentioned in there. Lol. So you may not remember it, but it did happen.

Tara though that Shiloh's Idea was a good one. Kate was rather into her music would probably come up with much better suggestions than she would and the idea of all catching up afterwards was a good one. "that sounds great just let me know when and where and i will be there" she said looking forward to it. maybe she would make some sweets to take for afterwards, that would be nice.
Tara looked around the room and saw that people were leaving, she looked at her watch and realised it was almost dinner time. she could wait for a while and go down and eat later, the advantages of being a vegetarian was that most of the time the food you ate was often what was left t the end of meals as people went for the meat dishes first. "I come from the north, a small village called Joshimath in the state of Uttarakhand. it is quite a mountainous area. you come from England right?" she asked, describing her home. when she was describing her home she was also thinking bout their family, her brother, her parents. she hadn't seen them for ages, and they were't quite comfortable in sending letters by owl, though her brother did from time to time, maybe she should write to them this evening, and see how they were and maybe send some pictures of New Zealand for them to see what it was like, she had done a nice one of the lake ver the summer break that she could send to them. "yes he is a muggle" she said though she had said that moments before. Shiloh's apology explained why, she had gotten that she was a muggle born, but truth be told Tar has forgotten the same about Shiloh. "you mean anyone else with magic? no I don't, it was kind of odd that i was the only one to get it" she said, though she loved her magic and after four years of schooling in it she didn't think about it but she wondered why she ha gotten a place in new zealand, maybe there weren't many indian witches. she looked out of the window briefly and saw the beautiful mountain scape that was visible from this room. Shiloh's next question surprised her, "I do still have it, I is safe in my room, It was so posh i only wear it on occasions for i don't want to loose it. that ball was a good night. maybe i will go again next year" she said truthfully. she hadn't been to the last two years. next year she would find a nice dress and go she thought promising herself to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back