Sitting.

Rhyspa Marinescu

OOC First Name
Katie; Mini Me
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Rhyspa walked out onto the lawn, her writing supplies in a tote bag she found at the bottom of her trunk. She planned to get some of her mass amounts of work done, especially Astronomy. Rhyspa pulled out her parchment, quill, and ink and got set to work. Steadily, she got further and further in her essay and finished one and then finished another.

Once Rhyspa finished, she put her things away and layed back on the dulling grass. She watched the clouds float by lazily, some in funky shapes, others just puff. The sun was bright in her eyes, so she shut them. She dozed to sleep for a few minutes.

Dannie had just come from the library after getting a slight talking to due to hyperness. Dannie could only laugh as the librarian became more angry. This did not make matters better so Dannie decided to leave. Where else would Dannie Lee end up but outside so outside she went.

Dannie skipped out onto the lawn. she loved the sun and the grass and the trees and the outdoors in general. She smiled when she saw someone who looked to be sleepy on the grass. Dannie skipped her way over to the girl. "Hello" she said hoping to wake the girl up but not scare her too much.

Rhyspa was half asleep. She could feel the sun beating down on her freckled face. She heard foot steps coming towards her and heard a gretting directed towards her. Rhyspa sat up and said, "Hello. I'm Rhyspa Aireous, Hufflepuff." She turned to face the girl and smiled.

"Hey" Dannie said with a smile "I'm Dannie Lee, Hufflepuff as well" Dannie said. "Do you mind if I sit down?" Dannie asked looking down at Rhyspa. Dannie was still a bit hyper but talking to someone who was sitting down and you were standing was just odd. She decided that she wouldn't mind sitting in the nice soft grass anyway.

Rhyspa was glad to find she was a Hufflepuff, they needed more students. "Of course you can sit down. I'm the house Prefect so if you have any questions or need some help, just look for me," she said, a bright smile on her face. "So how are you adjusting?"

Dannie smiled jumped up and landed on the ground with a nice little thud. She sat pretzel style listening to Rhyspa. When Rhyspa said that she was a prefect Dannie smiled but inside she was confused. She had no clue what a prefect was but it almost sounded like perfect so it must be a good thing. Dannie smiled. "Well if I have any questions I will come to you" She said in her normal bubbly voice.

"But I am adjusting" Dannie said "I mean this whole school no this whole world is so puzzle making. It is hard to understand everything" Dannie said still thinking about the random things during the day that she did not understand "The more you learn the more lost you feel because it just shows how much more is out there" Dannie explained hoping that she was not sounding insane.

"it's also hard to come by people well friends" Dannie said thinking that she had only made two friends that were the ones on the train. One had been sorted into Gryffindor and one Hufflepuff, but Dannie had not heard from either of them since. She concluded that they were avoiding her. Many people at this school did. She felt like a bit of an outcast but for her to say that would be out of Dannie's character. Dannie continued to smile swaying back in forth every time the wind blew.

Rhyspa nodded in understanding. She came from a muggle family aswell, although her mother was a witch. "It's a bit to take in all at once," Rhyspa said. "I know exactly what you mean when you make friends and you can't find them through all the mass of people." Rhyspa shifted her legs a bit and pulled her skirt over her knees. "I remember the first time I met one of my closest friends. Her name was Alice. She had to leave in the middle of our first year, but she was the first to talk to me. I miss her a lot."

Rhyspa smiled at Dannie, she reminded her of another of her friends, Caysi. She couldn't come back this year. "But, since then I've made some great friends. I don't know what I'd do without them," she smiled. "You'll make some good friends too. Just be yourself."

"Aww thats sad that Alice had to leave" Dannie said wondering why anyone would ever want to leave. Hogwarts might be puzzle making and a bit mind missing at times but it was still grand. "But I am glad you moved on after that" dannie said wondering if that sounded odd.

"But I hope I will make more friends I mean the year isn't over yet" Dannie said with a positive smile. "So do you come outside on the lawn often?" Dannie asked wondering if Rhyspa came out here daily as Dannie did or if Dannie was the odd one that spent all her extra time outdoors.

Rhyspa smiled, her face warmed from the exsposure of the sun. "It depends on my mood or if its nice outside," she said. "I love it outside, I really do. I just don't come out too often." Rhyspa glanced at the lake, its water shimmering in the sunlight; almost magical. "Do you like coming outside?"

Dannie smiled when Rhyspa said she loved the outdoors. "I absolutely love it out here. I try to come out as much as I can." Dannie said "Reminds me of camping with my family back home. Good memories" She said smiling as she looked out onto the lake as well. It looked so peaceful, so pretty, so beautiful.

"Where are you from?" Rhyspa asked. She picked a piece of grass and began twisting it in her fingers.

"The united States. Harrisburg Pa more specifically" Dannie said with a smile. She laid down in the grass. "Where are you from?" She asked. So many others were from New Zealand or even Canada she had met very few people from the United States.

"I'm from Ireland," Rhyspa said. "I've never been to the United States. What's it like there?"

"Well, The United States is nice" Dannie said "It is odd how different the separate parts are though." Dannie said "Way up north is cold making while in the deep south it is boiling" Dannie said "But I live in the north. It is not too chilly snow in the winters but nice warm summers" Dannie said realizing that she was babbling. "Sorry I tend to babble." She said smiling

"So Ireland" Dannie said "I'm part Irish" she said laughing slightly "So what is it like there?" She asked. Dannie had never left the United States until she got excepted to this school. Yet she had never been to Ireland.

"Ireland is amazing," Rhyspa said. "The country side is so beautiful and green," she started. "There's so many animals and everyone's friendly." She went on about how nice and peaceful Ireland was and how much she loved being there.

"So, what do you like doing in your spare time?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back