Sitting on The Rooftop

Nichkhun Horvejkul

Nichkhun was getting out of the shell of the shy boy he used to be and was turning into a very friendly, very easy going young man. He was starting to gain friends and this helped to boost his confidence. No longer did he have just Tiffany. He had other people to talk to. The way it looked, there would be more people too. At least he hoped. He couldn't sleep as his mind was full of thoughts. He decided to sneak up to the rooftops and do a little bit of star gazing. Normally he would probably have brought his book with him, but he was growing bored of books. He'd pretty much read the entire library over the first two days of school. He got his shoes on and found his way up to the roof. He sat down and looked up at the stars. It was a very nice clear sky out and all the stars were out. Nicky smiled.

Trixie sighed happily, and folded her arms behind her head. It had been a long day, but so far she was really loving Hogwarts. She'd met so many new people, and was loving being around magic every day. Now, she was taking a moment to relax. She'd crept up to the top of North Tower, and was stretched out under the stars. She smiled to herself. Life really is great, she thought. Then, she heard a noice behind her. She looked up and saw a boy, around her own age, who had just climbed up the steps. She watched as he sat down and smiled to himself. She sat up. "Hey" she said softly, hoping she wouldn't startle him. "I'm Trixie, who're you?". She gave him a friendly smile.

A girl's voice seemed to have caught Nicky's attention. He turned slowly to her direction, finding himself sitting next to a girl around his age. She had introduced herself as Trixie. Nicky smiled back at her. "Oh hey, I'm Nichkhun. You can call me Nicky though," he replied in a friendly manner. "Its a pleasure to meet you Trixie." he added, glancing at the girl. He looked up and watched in awe at the beautiful little yellow stars. "I love stars, do you?" he asked her curiously. It was then that something else caught his attention. "Oh look, a shooting start!" he said excitedly. "Fast, make a wish!" he said instantly to the girl, as he closed his eyes.

Trixie smiled as the boy introduced himself. He seemed fascinated by the stars. She was just about to answer his question when he gasped, and pointed out a shooting star. "Fast, make a wish!" he exclaimed.
Trixie didn't question it. Without hesitation she closed her eyes and wished with all her might. Please let me find some true friends at Hogwarts! She opened her eyes, and saw that Nicky's were still closed. She liked him already. Wishing on stars? That was her kind of thing. Trixie smiled to herself.

Nichkhun slowly opened his eyes after a few minutes of wishing. He loved shooting stars and it had believed in them since the day his wish came true. He had wished for a baby brother, and the next week he found out that his mother was 3 weeks pregnant. Nichkhun smiled, he had always loved those stars and it must been another good day since he and Trixie had spotted a shooting star. Nicky turned to Trixie and smiled at the girl. "Do you believe in shooting stars?" he asked.

Trixie nodded.
"Definitely. It's hard for us to see the stars at home 'cause of all the light pollution, but I love lying out and watching them when I stay with my grandparents in the country. I always make a wish whenever I see one, I've only ever had one come true though".
She nudged him gently in the side with her elbow.
"I'm guessing you believe in them too then?" she grinned.

Nicky nodded, as he listened attentively to Trixie. He laughed when she suddenly nudges him playfully. "Oh yes I do! Since I was young actually, made my dream came true when I around six? Believed in them ever since, and I never lost hope." he said with a rather pleased smile. "From where I'm from, we can usually see the stars every night, but I only spot those shooting stars once every blue moon. Well, today must be our lucky day!" he added rather enthusiastically. "So Trixie, which house are you from?" he asked.

Trixie smiled. "I hope it is our lucky day, I want this wish to come true!"
She leant back on her elbows.
"I'm in Gryffindor. I was quite surprised to be put there really, I expected Ravenclaw! I love it though, all the people are so nice."
She paused, and stared up at the sky again.
"So what about you, which house are you in?" she asked.

Nicky smiled excitedly at the girl, agreeing with her. "Oh you're in Gryffindor? Well I think that makes you the first the Gryffindor I've met and talked to so far." he said to her with a sweet smile. He watched as she stood still, and looked up at the sky. He followed suit, gazing at the beautiful stars, hoping to catch sight of another planet. He turned to look at Trixie when she asked him another question. "Believe it or not, I'm a Slytherin! It's been a rather fun experience, most of the kids are really friendly." he said with an approving nod.

Nichkhun nodded. "Oh really?" he asked in a fake sarcastic playful tone. "Oh a girl? I do hope I know her. Who is she?" he inquired curiously. Trixie seemed good enough for him to trust, and if she thought the girl was really friendly, perhaps Nichkhun could get along with the girl too. "So how's Gryffindor life?" he asked.

Trixie laughed. 'Yes, a girl! I think she said her name was Sandie, I only met her briefly though."
She lay back and stretched out on the ground, her arms behind her head. She felt really relaxed.
"It's pretty good so far! The classes aren't too bad, and the girls in my dorm seem nice. How're you getting on in Slytherin? Are the people as bad as they're rumoured to be?" She caught Nichkhun's eye and grinned cheekily.

I'm so sorry, was on vacation.

Nichkhun stood still a moment, awaiting the girl's response. When she mentioned Sandie's name, he smiled enthusiastically. "I know her. One of my close friends actually!" he said with a smile. "Such a small world!" he added with a chuckle. "My friends are pretty nice and cool too. I'm beginning to bond with the older ones too actually." he said with a proud and relieved smile. "Perhaps the minority!" he said, answering Trixie's question. "But you never know, we all can be wolfs in sheep's clothing! Even me too!" he said to her with a wink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back