Sitting on the edge

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
The heat from the sun had slowly built up till Andromeda had to pull off her sweater and loosen her tie. She strolled down to the forest with no agenda in mind. She had no intention of going in but just wanted some peace and quiet for a small while. There had been a huge boulder and tree stump that she had sat on last year, she remembered chatting to Katalina and Grande for possibly the first time. They had been really sweet. Undoing the top button of her blouse she then tied her sweater around her waist. She was far enough from the school so that she didn't get given out to about her dress code.

The year ahead she felt would be a very exciting one, what with the Triwizard tournament and two other schools coming. She couldn't wait to meet new people but figured as they would be so much older they would probably either hang out with the older students or just themselves. She had gotten straight back into her studies as fast as she could, determined to stay on top of it. The full moon was coming up though and she could feel the moons phases draining her energy already. She knew another day and she would be sick, a ghastly greyish colour and not at all someone anyone would want around. No matter that she was finding it easier now to cope with, the fact was this would be her first time down the cavern since she returned and she so wasn't looking forward to it.

It had been different when her uncle Patrick had been here at least but now, it was just one professor after another begrudgingly walking her down. Or so it seemed to her anyhow. She came upon the stump and boulder and smiled. The grass and weeds had grown up around them but not by much. Slowly she climbed onto the tree stump and made herself comfortable, gazing up at the sun over head. She was going to enjoy this moment of peace, she was almost determined to.

Aurora was tired of the noise in the Rawenclaw common room and the Library was making her feel sleepy so she had decided to stroll by the lake and freshen up her mind.She had noticed by now that she was not good at socializing with people of her own age.Maybe it was bacause she was more mature and spent most of her time in the Library.Whatever the reason was,Aurora wasnt going to be able to make good friends in this way.
She walked out of the entrance hall and onto the greengrass as a group of first year girls went by her. She ecognized some of them by their faces but she knew the name of none.
She didnt realise it but her legs were taking her in the direction of the forest,she was deep in thoughts and her head was inclined to the right hand side.She was just metres infront of the forest wehn she tripped on a rock and fell with a loud thud.
"Ouch!"she cried lifting her self a litter with her hadns and then rubbing her elbow.She wasnt hurt but it pained a little.She sat up checking if her knee was hurt or not.

Andromeda noticed a younger girl walking across towards the forest. She smiled thinking how just like last year when she had needed some time alone and didn't get it either then. Instead she had made two very good friends. As the girl got closer she suddenly tripped, Andromeda sat forward on the tree stump to see if she was alright.

Grinning as the girl sat up to inspect the damage done.

"There's a perfectly good boulder or tree stump here if you need to sit down to check it out" she called to her, hoping she didn't frighten her. Andromeda thought the girl looked vaguely familiar but couldn't place her. Lately she noticed that happening alot. Memory relapse or overload she had thought, wondering if it was time for her to invest in a pensieve.

Aurora looked up to see who had adressed her and saw an older girl with red hair sitting on a boulder or tree stump.Aurora's cheeks went red.She had tripped so clumsily infront of an older girl,what impression she had made!She stood up,still rubbing her elbow and made her way to the boulder.She set on the edge of it and looked behind her.She was a little surprised to see that she was by the forest.She looked back at the girl who looked fammiliar and asked,"Have we met before?"sounding very unsure.She sat up properly on the boulder and lened against the stump wondering how the boulder had gotten there.

[hehe Andy dyed her hair during the summer - now deep brown]

"I was just thinking the same thing you look familiar but I just can't place you. Usually I'm pretty good with faces, it'll come to me I'm sure. You didn't happen to shop in Honeydukes over the holidays did you?"
Andromeda thought perhaps this was where she had seen her, it really felt at the moment as if someone had just snuck up behind her and obliviated her memory.

Either that or old age, goodness could peoples brains get addled at only 12? Andromeda smiled at the girl beside her.

"My name is Andromeda Fiorelli" she lifted up the tie that was hanging low now, "And Gryffindor".

Again her smile beamed at the girl beside her, as much as Andromeda liked solitude she thrived in company, always had.

[my bad]
Aurora couldn’t figure out where she had seen her but was pretty sure.Darn this short term memory! She told her self. "No,I haven’t been in honeydukes.I am planning to hit the shop in our trip to Brighstone village." she declared. When the girl said that she was called Andromeda, Aurora realized that she was the girl that she had met in the Leaky cauldron.
"I remember,you are the girl I met at the Leaky Cauldron."she told her."Remember me?I'm Aurora."she said.

[oh man sorry we never finished that thread :( ]

Andromeda smiled remembering now, it all seemed perfectly clear at last.
"Of course that's right. Sorry Aurora that was a hectic day. It had been my fathers first anniversary and then writing a letter to my best... to an old friend" she stretched her legs out infront of her letting the sun warm her legs.

"How are you getting on here then? See you made Ravenclaw, great house".

(It wasnt ur fault)

"I'm getting on pretty well.I just hate the long climbs.I get really tired."she said frowning a little,"But everything else is just great."she declared.

"No,not many."she said as suddenly the idea that she hadn't socialized much struck her."It's a family problem.We don't look away from studies."she said with a sad smile.

Andromeda laughed at this knowing that her parents had been Ravenclaw, complete brainy types and had expected her to be in that house too. It was with some disappointment that her mother had discovered her daughter was a Gryffindor instead. Her father had not lived long enough to know what house she was in.
"Well once you keep on top of your studies it shouldn't be a problem really, its usually near exam times that I become closeted like a hermit. I try to keep a balance until then which is fine as most people are the same. You'll see. Right now there are students out and about all over the place but as exams draw nearer, there'll be fewer around.".

((my parents and whole family except me was in Slytherin :lol: =)) but they were brainy :-B they just choose Slytherin >:) although they are best suited in Ravenclaw :lol: ))

"Well I dont plan to get the best grades in my year.It would drive me crazy if I even try.I'm only happy with good grades like Os and EEs"she said smiling."I am trying to relax and chill.I really don't wan't to be brainy if it keeps me away from fun and friends."
She though of something else to say and got the idea."So are you excited about the Tri Wizard tournament?"she asked Andy

Andromeda smiled at Aurora's enthuasiasm.
"Totally, can't wait for the first task. Dying to know what they'll have to do. I was reading up about the last one and they had a trial with dragons in it. I mean how mental is that?"

"That is pretty mental.And it needs brave people to stand before these tasks.But I had expected our champion to be from the fifth year."she said honestly.

"Really?"
Andromeda looked at her questioningly, it really hadn't bothered her in the slightest what year their champion was in. She herself was the same age now as alot of the third years, it was just a stupid calender date that dictated what year you got to attend in and her birthday had come just a few days short of that date for her to be placed with the Class of Y9, she certainlly didn't mind graduating with Zuka or Violet of course, these were her friends. But dates sucked big time in her mind, everyone automatically presumed you were really young, that she had just turned 12 instead of 13 and that was a significant difference in her mind.
"Why is that then?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back