Sitting On a Bench

Rosalind Cross

OOC First Name
Ebony
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Rosalind walked into the Courtyard. It was a crisp morning with a bit of humidity in the air. The young girl was wearing a black jacket that protected her from the winter's cold air and a pair of beige boots caressed her feet. She sat on a wooden bench. There weren't many people out and about, just a few. She held a muggle book in her hands. It was one of her mother's favorites, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. A burgundy silk bookmark protruded from about halfway in the book. It was a bit hard to comprehend, since it was written so long ago and the girl was only eleven, but she understood most of it. Suddenly, she didn't feel like reading anymore, and focused her mind on the pavement. She studied every speck of dirt, even a few ants running along. Then, she heard footsteps and looked up to see who approached.

Ryan walked through the courtyard it was a cold ,crisp winters morining and Ryan had wanted to soak up all the fresh air.When having a look around he saw a familar face.He walked up to someone he had meet over the holidays "Hey Rosalind"He said smiling he looked at the book beside her "Pride and Predudice"he said more so to himself he grinned his sisters had both read the book and said it was quite hard to understand but it was a lovely love story but that wasn't really Ryan's thing."Do you mind if I sit"He asked pleasantly

As the person came into view, she recognized him as the boy she had met over the summer at the muggle candy shop. Ryan was his name. "Hey, Ryan," she said with a smile. She moved over to the side to make room for him to sit. "No, no. Have a seat," she encouraged. She was happy to see a person she knew already. Rosalind didn't like being in a place where everyone was unknown to her. "How's Hogwarts treating you?" She asked.

Ryan smiled and sat down.He hadn't really got to know Rosalind as there had been a bit of an accident afterwards and they hadn't really met after that.He thought about her question "Well its treating me good only that it put me in a house with Isobel and Nick"Ryan said sighing he didn't really like anybody in his house except for Leslie who was actually nice to him.Trying not to think abot the house he was in he reruned the question to Rosalind "So how is it treating you"He asked with a smile

Rosalind scowled when the memory of the horrid Isobel girl came into her mind. She remembered how rude she was to Alice. The thought of the vulgar girl irritated her to no end, so she pushed the thought away. "Pretty good. I didn't think I'd get sorted into Gryffindor, though I enjoy it a lot. Met a few new people," she answered truthfully.

Ryan grinned ate Rosalind's face when he mentioned Isobel but Rosalind had only seen the rude side where as Danielle and Ryan had seen the cunning and ruthless side of her.Shaking the thought away he concentrated on what Rosalind was saying. "Well thats good I definatly wasn't expecting Slytherin but sure what can you do"Ryan said sighing and looking at the surroundings it was a nice place the courtyard not as nice as some places but pretty enough "So whats your favorite subject so far?"He asked trying to think of his favorite subjects

"Well, I've only had Potions so far," she explained. "It's pretty interesting. Though, I was looking forward to Transfiguration but it looks like I'll have to wait till next semester. Divination, too, but that'll have to wait till third year." Rosalind sighed, a bit saddened that wasn't able to experience the classes she was excited about yet. But as least she had flying, and she loved quidditch, so that was good. "What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back