Sitting in a corner

Willow Holland

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Shedua Wood Wand with a string of Thestral tail feather 9 1/2 inch
Willow was sitting in a corner of the entrance hall just looking at people passing by. There was something to be said about being the school Emo. Most people didn't want anything to do with you because they didn't want to get involved. Willow didn't mind. She care anymore. There was one thing that she kept going for. What that was she really didn't know. Her foot started to tap out the beat to 'Seven Nation Army' again. She wished she believed the words.

Whatever fight there had been in Willow had been left in that basement along with her mother's life. Other would think it was a bit petty to be dwelling on something like this. But they had never seen the light go out of the eyes of someone they loved. They hadn't been right there as the green spell calmed their lives. And that was the easy part. Sometime when she was alone she could still hear her mother screaming while the men laughed.

Willow had been a girl that could have taken on the world. The girl that was sitting in the corner didn't even look like she could take on a fly. Her sweater at the moment was at least three sizes too big and she had to roll up the sleeves several times to use the arms. The jeans where her size though. It still seemed like Willow was trying to hide in her clothes. Her hair was messy again. Not that she had anyone to impress. Willow watched and made her assumptions about people much like she had done in class that day. She thinks she's in love. He knows she's easy, best friends forever or at least until the other one call the other fat, They are together because it's expected of them, hum purebloods most likely where the thoughts going though Willow's brain. Anything to keep the bubbling depression out of her system.

Abbey had just been beaten up by Hadan, and now, some how she walked down to the Entrance Hall, hot tears streaming down her cheeks. She wanted to go outside, she just wanted to get out of the pain she was in. Her hair was stuck together with dry blood and her violet eyes where hazed over. The scarf she was wearing was now on the ground on the third floor corridor, because her throat had bruises all around it that should signs of strangulation.

[sorry that's just the first post.. they'll get bigger]

Willow's eyes scanned the entrance hall again and caught sight of Abbey. Some emotion came echoing up the empty caverns that seemed to have become her heart. She got up straight way and walked up to her friend. "Who did this?" Was her first question. Who would do this to Abbey? From what she had seen Abbey was all about not incurring the wrath of anyone. There was another thing telling Willow to hunt down who ever did this and show them just what pain felt like.

Anger seethed along with the worry about her friend. She seemed to have come down a long way. Was she used to this? Was Abbey being bullied and would tell anyone about it? Or was it something else? She had kept that haunted look all though school this year. She came to HNZ with it. Then Willow remembered in the North Tower. She had been abused over the summer. She was used to this kind of thing. No more though. Willow would make sure of that.

Abbey turned her head slightly, and looked at Willow through half open lids. "Long story," she said in a raspy voice. She then continued walking towards the large doors, but still going quite slow. Her arms were snaked around her stomach protectively. Abbey glanced downwards feeling very scared at this moment, she exhaled deeply. "Grandfather," she murmured, wondering if Willow would understand what she was trying to say. But really she was still in the past, in her dreadful memories of being abused, she really couldn't feel anything now, all she could feel was her unshakable fright. She had finally reached the door to the grounds and she sheepishly took one hand off of her chest and on the front door, wishing she actually had a coat for going outside.

Willow took off her sweater after taking out the wand. She understood alright. The friend with the grandfather. She hadn't asked her name but it seemed better not to at the moment. She placed the hole to the neck over Abbey's neck so the rest of it could drape over Abbey's tiny body. She knew that Abbey would have been constricted by this but if the sweater was too big for her it would fit Abbey like a tent but at the moment it was all she had to offer. Willow was used to the cold. She was cold all the time.

Willow wanted to tell her that everything would be alright but she couldn't she wouldn't promise what she didn't mean. "We have to get you cleaned up." She was what Willow ended up saying.

Abbey shivered as she felt something wrap around her but relaxed when she realized it was a sweater. she put her arm back around her stomach and turned to look at Willow. She wiped the falling tears from her eyes and bit her lip firmly, part of her wanting to hug Willow, the other part of her was not sure it it was safe. She swallowed hard as if asking Willow what to do, but she knew that Willow didn't know, how could she? "I'm scared," she finally murmured in a raspy voice, more tears streaming down her hot cheeks. I need Theodore, she thought, knowing that Theo would know what to say to distract her from her memories because he understood a little.

Willow couldn't look at the girl crying. She shook her head. No she didn't know what to do. Willow had become stone after coming out of the basement where her mother died. Willow slowly wrapped her arms around her friends. "It's ok Abbey. It's one thing to be scared, it's another to let that fear control you, your stronger than this I know you are." She said softly. She hadn't asked what happened to Abbey knowing that she wouldn't get a whole answer. The only thing she knew that Abbey had been hurt. "You can't get hurt here." She whispered. Willow believed that. She wanted to protect Abbey.

Abbey hugged her friend back, trying to control her tears but they seemed to slip out of her eyes without her knowledge. "B-but what if I'm not," stuttered the girl as she rested her forehead on her friends shoulder. She was really at a loss with this whole thing, she didn't honestly care that her parents were dead anymore, she was just scared, very scared of everything. "It's too much," she moaned as she shook her head once, knowing that she was not going to sleep tonight, or was going to be able to do anything.

Willow pulled away slightly. "Your alive arn't you? If whatever happened to you was really that terrible then you have been head a long time ago. That has to be a kind of strength." She said on her face there was a finally a true, whole smile. At least Abbey had someone. Willow could only trust Abbey. "I know I feel the same way. I would jump into the lake just to make it all end but I don't. And you don't either because you have someone who cares for you. Theo cares for you deeply Abbey." She said. Willow was trying to steady her friend, really the only friend she had that she didn't feel other ways for. She wasn't even sure of what she felt for Brandon.

Abbey rubbed her eyes as Willow pulled away and murmured, "You don't understand, at my orphanage I was...abused." She looked down shamefully, there was several was that the man did abuse her but she didn't want to share any of that with Willow she was uncomfortable with people knowing that about her, so she just said that it was only physical. "I know he does, the only reason he knows is because he has..." she bit her lip anxiously then shook her head she couldn't tell Willow that he had experienced a little bit of this hell that was their pasts.

Willow looked at Abbey then looked down. "It's not your fault. You told me that the first time we remet. You here abused in the summer but you didn't tell me much else. I have scars from my summer too though mine are not phisical. I had to watch Abbey. I had to watch as my mother was tortured then finally killed. We are here now, none of that can follow us here. Though it feels like the people that hurt us can be right behind us they are not. There is no place safer then Hogwarts." She said. Her hands tightened at her sides. Normally she didn't think of her time in the dark. She didn't want to be there but sometime she was pulled back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back