OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat strolled down across the school grounds and thought that she might check out the new garden that had been created. She walked through and looked at all of beautiful flowers and plants that had been placed there. Wow! This place looks great she thought to herself with a smile. She found a bench and took a seat. Kat had been thinking on something for a few days now and finally knew what she had to do. She would have to send an owl to Makato, wherever he was, and end it. She hadn't heard from him in months and was thinking that she most likely never would. A single tear streamed down her cheek at the thought of it, but it was only fair to her. She had to get on with her life and this was the first step.

Rhyspa had been walking around the grounds; she'd gotten out of class a few moments ago. She still had her books in her tote, but she didn't really feel like going back to her dorm; she wanted fresh air. Rhyspa saw the new garden, it wasn't finished when she left unexpectedly last semester. It was beautiful now, all the gorgeous summer colors.

She entered the garden and began walking along the many paths, some vines were crawling up the lattices, beautiful golden yellow blooms on them. Rhyspa looked away from the flowers and saw one of her closest friends, Kat. She beamed and gasped with delight. "Kat!" Rhyspa squealed.

Kat quickly wiped her eyes and plastered on a smile, hoping that her firend hadn't noticed. "Rhyspa!" she squeaked as she got up and hugged her friend. "I haven't seen you in forever! I've missed you!" she said sincerely. "So how was you summer?" Kat asked.

Rhyspa grinned and hugged her friend back. "My summer was bleak. Although it was nice to see my mum and Callan," she smiled. "What about you? You look fantastic!"

"OH, thanks! It was a very long summer. I spent all but one week of it here." Kat said as she forced a smile on her face, knowing good and well why the summer had felt so long. "I spent most of my days waiting for owls to arrive. Ya know, just to hear from anyone." she added in a sort of melancholy tone.

Rhyspa nodded understandingly, waiting for owls was a time consuming task. She looked around at the garden and then back to her friend. Kat had a sad, detached look upon her face, it worried Rhyspa. She debated with herself whether to ask what was wrong. Rhyspa gathered her thoughts and quietly asked, "Kat, what's wrong? You know you can tell me anything."

There was no stopping it now. The tears started coming in a steady stream. Kat swallowed hard and then looked at Rhyspa and said shakily, "He left. I haven't heard from him all summer. Not even a note to let me know that he's still alive." Kat got choked on her words, but calmed herself down enough to add, "I'm going to send him an owl. I guess ending it, ya know. I have got to be out from under this and go on with my life." She continued to wipe tears from her eyes, but it was no use they just kept streaming down her now very red face.

"Oh no," Rhyspa whispered. "Kat, I'm so sorry. He didn't say anything?" Rhyspa was stunned. Makato didn't seem the type of guy to up and leave and not say anything to those he cared for. She put her arms around her friends, trying to soothe her. "Shh, shh," Rhyspa said. "It'll be okay. I don't know when, but it will get better."

"He did, but not willingly. I just happened to wander upon him leaving. He promised he would write, but nothing. I haven't heard a word." Kat stammered, now feeling more angry than sad. Maybe getting mad would help her get over him easier. Kat was glad that Rhyspa was willing to listen to her sad sob story. "I just don't know what to write in a letter to him without hurting him. Though admittedly he might deserve to be hurt a little bit." she said with a hint of bitterness.

"Maybe if you did write him a letter, it will help you feel better," Rhyspa said. She didn't know the first thing about relationships, she was just doing what she thought might help. "Maybe he just hasn't had the chance to write?" Rhyspa said. "I don't know Kat, I just don't know."

"He's had all summer to bloody well write." Kat said heatedly. She then looked at Rhyspa and said apoligetically, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. Guess i've just let this build up." Kat tried to wipe away some of the tears from her face and her crying had subsided some, though not completely. "I don't even know what to say to him. Would you help me think of something?" she asked pleadingly.

Rhyspa was suprised to hear Katalina's tone of voice, she never snapped. "It's true," Rhyspa said quietly. "He has had all summer to write you." Rhyspa looked over to Kat from the marigolds she was staring at. "I'm not sure what you could write other than how you feel and how much you miss him," she said. "Sorry if I'm not much help."

Kat knew that Rhyspa was right. The only thing she could do was write to him telling him exactly how she felt. She was angry, hurt and upset and she needed to let him know that, wherever he might be. "Well if I write it, urm, will you go with me to the owlery to send it?" she asked her friend with an almost pleading look in her eyes.

Rhyspa nodded. "Of course I'll go to the Owlry with you, Kat. I've got a few letters to send myself," Rhyspa smiled. "Do you want me to get my stuff?"

Kat forced a very weak smile at Rhyspa and said almost pitifully, "Yeah sure. I have to run and get some parchment and a quill so that I can write the letter and then i'll meet you at the owlery. Thanks Rhyspa!" Kat hugged her friend and then stood up to walk back up to the castle.

((you want to start the new thread at the owlery or do you want me too? :D ))

Rhyspa smiled and hug her friend back. "I'll meet you in the Owlery later," she said.

((Sure. I'll start it. :) ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back