'Evie' 🐉

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Set after the Y40 Valentine's Dance, following this thread.​

Evie had never been a fan of going out and dressing fancy. She had been feeling a little better though after the events of last semester, and whilst she had no interest in attending the Valentine’s Dance that was going on, she was interested in roaming around the castle now that she could. After all, there was no one in the corridors with everyone carried away in the Great Hall and no one to tell her what she could and couldn’t do. The Gryffindor exited the common room and began heading down the staircases. She wanted to try and see what she could find in the abandoned classroom. She knew there was something suspicious about that room, but she really just couldn’t put her finger on it.

As Evie made it to the second floor she paused as she heard someone coming up the stairs in the other direction. She could hear them crying, and so Evie just kept to the side to let them pass. It wasn’t until the person came closer that Evie recognised who it was. “Ess. What’s wrong?” she asked, wondering why she was leaving the Valentine’s Dance so soon.

Essie couldn’t believe what she had done. A whole whirlwind of emotions were running through her. She had been wanting to kiss Sawyer for a long time, even before he started dating Ivy, but never thought she could bring herself to do it, especially whilst she had a boyfriend. She was happy and relieved, but also feeling guilty and angry at herself. How could she hurt Nikko like that after everything he had done for her? She never wanted to see Nikko again and couldn’t bring herself to ever talking about it with him. It would just break his heart even more.

The teen headed straight towards her dormitory, wanting to shut herself in there forever so she wouldn’t have to face what she had just done. As she headed up onto the second floor however she was stopped in her tracks as she heard the familiar sound of her sister’s voice. She rubbed her crying eyes as she looked up at her. “Oh, I’ve messed up. I-I’ve really gone and d-done it now.” Essie stammered, glad that it was her sister and not someone else that she knew.

Evie raised an eyebrow at Estella’s words, not quite sure at all what she meant. She was never usually seen without one of her friends or her boyfriend, and so it was an odd sight, and whilst Evie wanted nothing more than to spend this time alone, she knew that it would be a pretty bad thing to do if she walked away now. “Here, get in here.” Evie said a little assertively, taking her sister’s arm and making her way through the door of the abandoned classroom where she was headed. She would discover its secrets later. Pulling up two chairs, she sat down in one of them and gestured for her sister to sit down in the other. “What do you mean you’ve messed up? What could you have done that is so bad it couldn’t be fixed?” Evie was never usually the optimistic one, but she would at least try for a little bit until she found out what happened.

Essie expected Evie to give up and leave her there, but instead, before Essie could even say anything, she was being dragged into the abandoned classroom by her. Still wiping the falling tears from her eyes, Essie took a seat and tried her best to answer Evie’s question. Whilst she didn’t like confiding in her sister, she figured she’d rather tell her than her friends right now in case they were to turn on her. “I kissed Sawyer.” The words came from the tip of her tongue, and she didn’t realise how relieving it was to say that. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down a little bit, using her hair to wipe her tears from her face. “A-and Nikko.. He saw us. He was j-just standing there with some drinks.. And I was kissing him.” Essie wasn’t sure how Evie would react, but held her breath a little, hoping Evie wasn’t about to go shouting it to the whole world.

Evie’s eyes widened as Estella spoke. “Sawyer… Carnahan? You mean Felix’s brother?” she asked, a little shocked that Essie would do such a thing. Evie always thought Nikko was a little out of her sister’s league… but Sawyer? He was the complete opposite. How could Essie do that? She knew her thoughts would not help cheer her sister up however, despite how true they were, and so held her tongue a little, at least until Essie was in a better head space. “But like, so, I’m guessing you started it right? Like, you kissed him, he didn’t kiss you?” Evie wanted to get the story straight, thinking she may be able to help if she knew. “How long have you felt that way?”

Estella was not surprised that Evie was shocked at who she had kissed. Thankfully however, she didn’t laugh. It made Essie feel a little better, but then Evie began asking questions. Questions which Essie should have expected. Yes, it was me who kissed him. I-it was me who messed up. I-I shouldn’t have d-dragged Sawyer i-into this b-but I did.” Estella sobbed, burying her face into her hands. She then looked back up, feeling her eyes sting a little from all the wiping she was doing. “Things with Nikko were just.. Just getting a little boring, I suppose.” She shrugged. “I think I just liked him because he was older, he was the Head Photographer, a bit of a jock, I don’t know. And of course, he’s really nice, and of course I-I feel s-so terrible.” Essie let the tear fall down her face this time, staring at the floor in front of her. “I’ve liked Sawyer for longer though. I don’t really know why. It hurt me to see him with Ivy, not because I was jealous but because I thought he deserved more. Sawyer... He deserves a lot more... A lot more than what I’ve just put him through.” Essie looked over at her sister with hurt in her eyes. “I don’t know what to do, Evie. It’s all my fault.”

Evie just sat back and listened as Essie spoke. It was almost like a dramatic monologue with the way she was carrying on, but Estella had always been good at those. She could tell though that Essie was really hurt, and so tried to push all of the mean thoughts to the back of her head. She scooted her chair over to beside Essie, wrapping her arms around her and resting her head on her shoulder. “There will be a way. I don’t know how, but things will work out. Don’t let boys take up too much space in your mind.” Evie hoped she was being reassuring enough, but also was careful not to take sides. What Estella had done was wrong, and there was no way Evie was going to tell her otherwise. “I guess all you can do now is... keep your head up. There’s nothing we can do now to turn back time, so...” Evie shrugged, before then looking up and giving her sister a reassuring smile.

Evie’s affection came as a small shock to Estella. She tensed up a little as she hugged her, before then leaning on her, happy to have someone to confide in for a little while. “W-what about my friends though? What if I tell them and.. They hate me?” Estella was definitely not looking forward to that conversation, however she was unsure if she ever really wanted to tell them. After all, did they really have to know? Losing her friends would make the whole situation so much worse and she wasn’t sure if she could face that. “What would you do? Would you tell your friends?”

At Estella’s question, Evie released the hug so she could look at her. “I mean.. If they were your friends they would tell you the truth, but like, you didn’t do anything directly to them so it should be fine.” Evie said with a shrug. She knew Essie was a little bit of an overthinker sometimes, but wasn’t quite sure how else she should put it. “I would tell them, but that’s just me. They’re going to find out anyway, Estella. It’s better if it comes from you.” It was the best advice Evie had given in a long time and she smiled a little at herself, hoping Estella wouldn’t take it with a grain of salt. After all, she wasn’t sure when she’d ever give advice that good again.

Evie’s words weren’t the most reassuring, but she figured, for once, that her sister was right. Rumours would go around soon about how her and Nikko broke up, and Sawyer may accidentally let it slip, and soon enough the whole school would be knowing how their relationship came to an end. She knew there was no hope for them now and just hoped that at least Sawyer wouldn’t be too angry at her. He was one of the people she had always been scared of losing. “Thanks, Eve.” Essie said, smiling over at her. She still wanted to lock herself away in her dormitory forever, but at least she didn’t have to cry about it on her own. “What about you? How are things with you? You feeling any better after what happened?” Essie knew Evie wanted to be on the Quidditch Team and figured it would be hard seeing her friends play when she couldn’t.

Evie felt her head grow a little as Essie thanked her. “Any time.” she replied with a wink, ready to stand back up again so she could get started on her night’s adventures. At Essie’s question however, Evie just shrugged. “Yeah well no point dwelling over it. As you’ve told me before, I just have to prove them all wrong. Only way to do that is to get better, and the only way to get better is to have a positive attitude and feel motivated, you know?” Evie didn’t really want to talk about it anymore. She had plenty of other things to focus on. “You good to go back to your dorm?”

Essie just nodded as Evie spoke, happy that she was trying to change her way of thinking. She could definitely see a change for the better now that Evie was faced with an obstacle that she had to overcome. Perhaps this was also Essie’s obstacle, and she just had to keep her positive attitude. “Yeah, I’m good. Thanks for the chat and stuff. See you around!” Essie hopped off her chair and exited the abandoned classroom, her palms sweaty at the thought of having to tell her friends what she had just done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back