Sisterly Advice

Zinaida Zhefarovich

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Zinaida didn't really like being in the dungeons, mostly because it was a dreary place filled with dreary people. If it wasn't for the fact that her brother was down here and so was the potions classroom, Zinaida would make more of an effort to avoid this place. Hopefully she could actually find Vladimir because if it was one thing she had grown to loathe, was trying to track some Slytherin down to head into the Common Room and find him. Despite just returning from their break, Zinaida hadn't actually spend much time with her brother. When they were at home he was always too busy being trained or learning the responsibilities he was going to have to bear once he was an adult and took on the title of Head. Zinaida hated the idea of losing her brother to the dark side, especially since every year it progressed she was losing more and more of the boy she had grown up with. The one she used to play games and terrorize their sitters with. Zinaida needed to stop her brother from transforming into a heartless robot somehow, and she had just the idea that could work in both their favors. All she needed now was for Vladimir to become close to someone.

Plus she felt like distracting him could only work out in her favor when it came to her little crush on Blaine. If Vladimir found out, Blaine wouldn't last another day in this school. He'd catch on soon enough if he wasn't distracted, and Zinaida couldn't have any of that. So all in all, she needed her brother to become distracted so she could not only hang out with Blaine, but also so she could keep her brother close in future years. It just had to happen! "Ah there you are Vlad!" Zinaida dashed towards her brother, a skinny arm wrapping around his shoulder as she fell into step with him. Pretty soon she was going to have a problem doing this. He was already beginning to grow a lot taller than she was. "I bet you were planning on sneaking off to do whatever, but you promised we could hang out today. So you better stick to that promise or I'm going to tell dad." Normally that wasn't an issue, but sometimes their father could be quite scary. It was funny to watch Vladimir get scolded, mostly because it was a rare enough of an occurrence.

Vladimir Zhefarovich lounged around the Slytherin common room, without anything to do for the day. He could have something to do today, but Blaine was out of reach, which was why he was in the commons, reading a book. However, it was not until a family relative, Ivaylo, mentioned that he saw Zinaida in the dungeons, alone. At first, Vladimir did not care that Zinaida would possibly get lost in the dungeons. She was a smart girl, she could find her way out. However, he remembered just what house she was in. 'Great, I better go locate her,' thought Vladimir as he slammed his book shut with one hand. He shoved it into his messenger bag and took the bag to his dorms before ultimately leaving the common room area. He did not even thank his relative, so one would have thought that Vladimir was being rude. Vladimir made sure that the door to the Slytherin house was closed and sealed, before he went on his way to find his sister, who was a lot closer than he even realized. Vladimir smoothed his hair over his shoulders, before he continued to look around for the twin sister. She had to be close by, he could almost feel it.

He suddenly heard her voice and then her skinny arm wrapped around his shoulder. Naturally, he tensed up with the contact. She said that he planned on sneaking off to do something, but he promised that they could hang out today. Vladimir narrowed his eyes, before he remembered that promise. He did forget, but he didn't reveal that fact. He reached up and peeled Zinaida's arm from him. "I may have promised the time with you, but I don't like to be touched. You know that." He did not want the training he had turned around and used on her. So, it was in her best interest not to come into contact with him for a while. Quite frankly, trouble with his dad did not scare him at all. Trouble with his grandfather, on the other hand, did. He never wanted to face the wrath of Asparuh. No one did. "What are you planning today, anyway? Shouldn't you hang out with friends over your brother?" Surely, Zinaida had friends. She had to. Vladimir looked down at the floor as they were walking, wondering why she wanted this quality time with him over anyone else she could be with.

Zinaida shrugged her shoulders. While she knew her brother didn't like to be touched, she didn't really care so much. The more contact he had with others, the less cold he might become. He needed to see that people weren't as bad as Asparuh tried to program into his brain. "We're just going to hang outside and talk. Is it so bad that I want to spend time with my twin? We used to be so close when we were younger and we haven't had time to really talk anymore." The third year explained. A part of her wondered what he would think if he knew about her and Blaine. Not that she was going to tell him and risk Vladimir attacking Blaine or something. They were friends, but Vladimir could be protective. Zinaida actually had plans on trying to distract him with something. Whether it be school or a girl of his own, she figured that if he had something else to focus on, he wouldn't pay as much attention to her and Blaine. Finding a place for the two of them to sit down in the dungeons, Zinaida instantly offered her brother some Bertie Bott's every flavor beans. Most Zhefarovich's weren't fans of sugar, but these things weren't all necessarily sweet, and Zinaida absolutely loved them. A couple of apple flavored beans were tossed into her mouth and Zinaida spotted a familiar face walk by.

"Hey Belladonna!" Zinaida greeted the blonde haired Gryffindor the moment she spotted her. They were close friends, but Zinaida had always found her to be really fun to be around. It looked as if she was about to wave, but then spotted Vladimir and instantly the blonde's face marred into a obvious frown before she walked away silently. "Wow, she really doesn't like you." Not that Zinaida blamed her. Though she never told Vladimir, she had seen the way that he and his friends often treated that poor girl. One of these days she was sure it was going to come back and bite him though. Belladonna seemed like the type of girl who could take care of herself. "I can't believe you got Quidditch Captain already! As a third year! I knew you would do great things in school but I figured it'd take a little bit longer." Zinaida was actually sort of jealous that her brother was already doing so well. Though Zinaida wasn't quite a wallflower either, she definitely wasn't doing as well as Vladimir was. Now if only he would be a little bit less cold to everyone.

Zinaida was certainly an odd ball of the family. How could she have turned out so wrong? She was trying to change the future Head of the family. Surely, she knew how Kalif was and Axel. He would have to grow up to be like them. He did not have a choice in the matter. He was chosen by the Patriarch. He had a huge honor. When she mentioned how they used to be close while growing up, he wondered what fantasy she lived in. Vladimir only came home on the weekends growing up. He was raised mostly by Asparuh. "Zinaida, I don't recall being close to anyone while growig up. It was mostly Damianos and myself at the Zhefarovich manor." Vladimir wasn't close to Damianos either. He got along with him well enough to not want the worst for him. That was about it. He often wondered how the boy was sorted into a house that was not Slytherin. His father certainly was and then so was the majority of them. Kailie was the last one to graduate. There was a decent gap between kids. He would wonder why but he would rather not wonder about something like that.

Belladonna passed them and Vladimir did not even acknowledge her. Why would he want to acknowledge something like her. He was with Zinaida right now. His attention was currently on his sister. She mentioned how Belladonna didn't like him, he rolled his eyes. He wondered why she would reallu dislike him. He had only been torturing her since the first year. If she didn't hate him, she would be completely stupid. She might be like that now. But who knew. "Did you have to dtate the obvious, sister? The bird and I don't like each other." She seemed into that Matt boy that no one knew about and didn't have a past. Now that bothered him. Where did he come from? He had to know somehow. Vladimir shook his head, shoving those thoughts aside. He didn't need to worry over someone like Matt. He didn't accept any jelly beans. He didn't like them at all. Zinaida mentioned how she couldn't believe he was doing so well right now. He was Quidditch captain. "The former head girl was smart enough to choose the best candidate for the job. Who else will keep others in their place?"

Gently rolling her eyes, the redhead settled into plush armchair. "I meant before your training. Before you turned into a total jerk." Zinaida replied sharply, her brown eyes staring into the dark eyes of her brother. Unlike most of the students in this castle, the Hufflepuff Third Year wasn't afraid to tangle with Vladimir. He was her brother, and she had known him long enough to know how to deal with the way he was. He was still human and that meant that some part of him was still subject to his emotions and feelings. He tried to pretend like he didn't, but Zinaida could see that from time to time he still lost control of his emotions that he fought so hard to keep under wraps. From what Zinaida remembered, Asparuh had disappeared for a good majority of Vladimir's training and Kalif was at the school teaching. Sure the others could be just as harsh, but they still had their souls in tact and perhaps that was what kept Vladimir from becoming completely heartless. Zinaida didn't want to lose her brother completely. Asparuh scared Zinaida, so the thought of Vladimir becoming just like him made Zinaida feel sick to her stomach.

Zinaida once again felt an impulse to roll her eyes. But this time she held back and merely snorted softly. "You know what, Vladimir? I don't think you hate that girl as much as you like to try and pretend you do." Zinaida leaned forward as she began to explain. Her brother didn't seen to notice how individual his reactions were towards her and everyone else he encountered. "I know you Vladimir, and I know the way you behave so don't try to convince me otherwise. I don't know why you're so mean to her." Of course he was going to be upset by this because she knew that he disliked people like Belladonna, but Zinaida was prepared for whatever attitude her brother was about to dish out. Zinaida felt like her brother was more of a kind soul then he would like to believe. All the Zhefarovich men were to some degree. Smiling, Zinaida shook her head. It was hard not to be proud of Vladimir and his early accomplishments. "I kind of want to watch a practice or two to see you put some of those players in their place by you." Especially Pandora Matthias. Zinaida would gladly pay a galleon or two to see that snotty blonde get put into her place once or twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back