Georgina de Lacey

Lady in Exile | Slytherin Graduate | Mother
OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 13 Inch Flexible Birch Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Georgina hated the library, almost to the point that she avoided it at all costs but sometimes she was unable to do so. The Slytherin made her way up from the common room and made her way into the library. Although the Slytherin common room had its moments in her esteem, the library was pretty much the place she wanted to be last on a consistent basis. Needs must however, as the weeks drew on the prospect of end of semester exams became more and more real and it was time to head to her least favourite place and begin preparing for her exams. It wasn't ideal, but she couldn't study in the common room, it was too loud, too crazy and despite despising it, she needed silence.

Once inside she made her way through the stacks looking for the books she needed before she went in search for a table. She located an empty table in the corner and dropped her books on top and shoved her bag underneath and took a seat. Spreading out the books on the table, Georgina looked around hoping to stumble on a distraction or something so she wouldn't actually have to study after all.

Cairo, with determination to achieve better grades in his exams that year had filled most of the empty time in his schedule with studying in the library. It was tedious, and kept him from spending as much time with Rome and their schemes as he would have liked but he knew that sooner or later the labors of his hard work would show. At least that's what the third year hoped as he walked into the library that morning, his arms stacked with various potions and defence against the dark arts textbooks. They were his favourite subjects and the ones he intended to get outstanding marks in. Books he had read probably too many times to count at that point but books he still believed were necessary to read.

He stepped over to his usual table in the corner of the library as it was away from most of the sounds of other students and also conveniently out of eyesight so he was unlikely to be disturbed by some first year who couldn't find a book or older students also wishing to find a study area so quiet. He put the books he was holding on the table and sighed as he noticed someone else sitting there. Immediately, Cairo crossed his arms over his torso and stared at the girl disapprovingly. "This is my table." He said, bluntly. Not caring that she clearly arrived there first. "You need to move because I need to study." The thought that they could study together clearly did not occur to Cairo because he wasn't a people person in any way and because he always wanted to study alone.

Georgina was lost in her own little world as she finally melted into her studies. Exams were just around the corner and she needed to cram after spending most of the semester sailing by and making minimal notes, it was now coming back to bite her in the behind. One book after another Georgina went through the topics she had covered for Potions, Defence against the dark arts and Transfiguration, they were the subjects she struggle with the most so they were the ones she gave the most time to when she was studying, even into her third year and she still struggled with the complexity of the magical curriculum.

The blissful silence that Georgina had managed to find in the table in the corner of the library was soon broken by the arrival of a fellow Slytherin, at least that what his robes would suggest, Georgina didn't know the boys face, she paid so little attention to those around her, especially to the boys. She caught the tail end of what he was saying and figured he was telling her she needed to move. Move why? She wondered, he mentioned something about it being his table, she scoffed at the boy and slammed her book shut. "Your table? Give me a break, I'm not going anywhere buddy, by all means take a seat but be quiet I'm so behind on Defence against the dark arts its not even funny, for god sake sit down your making the place look untidy," She grumbled opening up her book again.

Any smart person, at least in a social respect, would suggest the two study together as according to the girl's words she was also studying for defence against the dark arts. But Cairo wasn't socially smart. He was more academically 'smart' and excelled simply because he had the motivation to, and because he enjoyed the satisfaction or working hard enough to be better then every one else when he wasn't away on a tangent with Rome. He couldn't see the obvious solution to the dilemma of the annoying brunette girl stealing his study table and refusing to give it up even if she partially suggested it.

Cairo instead began to tap his foot impatiently on the floor at a volume he knew would be loud enough to annoy him if he were studying and a volume that was hopefully loud enough to bother the girl too. He continued tapping his foot for a few moments, not stopping as he said. "I'm waiting for you to move from my table, so hurry up." He waited patiently for a few extra moments before saying "Come on dipshit, while I'm young." as he fully expected the girl to move and he had no thread of patience to deal with her. Cairo had studied at that exact table for the entire semester and believed he had a claim on the spot. Dedication to school work definitely justified that in his mind so he continued to wait for the stupid and evidently less dedicated student to pack up and leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back