Siblings Aren't Always Similar

Kellen Corvus

Kellen was annoyed that she'd done so poorly in her classes. And even more annoyed that her parents were breathing down her neck about it. Keeva was especially upset, telling her if she didn't want to be a quidditch player she was going to need better grades. She knew that! She wasn't stupid. The frustrated teen sought out her brother, and upon finding him sat down by him. "Are you bummed there's no flying class?" She asked. He was the one of the two more likely to like that stuff after all. Kellen hadn't paid much mind to the classes he'd done well at, if any. She was too busy worrying about her own crap grades and the fact that if she didn't play quidditch she probably wouldn't live up to her mom's standards. Though none of that was really true, Kellen thought it.

Honestly Niall had done disastrously in his first year, and when his parents found out about his grades Kellen hadn't been the only one to be on the receiving end of their disappointment. Quidditch or not, it couldn't have been the only thing Niall was any good at, and he'd been made to promise that he'd do his best to pick up a back up subject, or two. He was sat at the Hufflepuff table, eyes glazing across a Herbology book because it seemed to be maybe one of the lessons more likely to succeed in (How hard was it to plant a few leaves?) when his sister bombarded him with questions and saved him from going cross eyed. "I don't understand why it's only for first years. It's as though if you don't make the team you're never going to fly again, in which case what's the point of learning it in the first place," he'd thought about it a lot, and part of him did want to try out this year just for the experience. He knew Kellen wasn't as keen as the rest of the family about Quidditch at all, but he couldn't help himself asking "Are you trying out?" just to see whether their mums words had struck a nerve.

Kellen shrugged. "I mean with apparation as an option who would use flying for travel?" She asked seriously. She didn't see the appeal in it. At his question she made a face when he asked if she'd be trying out. "Might make mum happy for once if I did." Kellen, young and naive, often didn't see that Keeva didn't mind either way what she did - instead she felt pressure to be as good as her mom was before she retired. She saw all her victories and their trinkets and thought that she'd have a hard time filling those shoes. "I'm gonna focus on my grades. Dad will at least be proud if I don't flunk every class forever. Are you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back