Showing a friend

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Lisa strode purposly towards the magnificent cliffs near the school, dragging Taylor along with her. "Isn't the view incredible?" she asked her friend, beaming as she remembered the last time she had been here, with Tyson. The sound of the sea thrashing against the rocks was loud in her ears.

Taylor ran behind Lisa, trying to keep up. She stopped in her tracks when they reached the edge, the veiw was magnificent. "it's, it's, Oh my god." Her voice was less happy and preppy, now it was quiet and awe filled.

Lisa beamed at Taylor's reaction to the scenery. "I offically love coming here," she said, taking a few steps back and flopping down on a patch of grass. "It's so nice and relaxing." She lay back onto the grass, her hair sprawling outwards.

Taylor sat down next to Lisa, not taking her eyes off of the view. "Do you think, maybe." She started, a smile creeping onto her lips. "That we could stay here instead of the garden and have people bring us our homework?"

Lisa laughed. "It is an awfully long way from the school," she said. It was true; it took nearly ten minutes for them to get down here. "I don't think that people would go to all that bother for us." A idea dawned on her. "Hey," she said, "We could do our homework here."

Taylor grinned. "That's a great idea!" She started to think what it would be like. "We could just sit up here, books and quills, looking at the view as we think of what to write." She grinned even more as she spoke.

Lisa grinned, glad that Taylor liked the idea. "Well, it is an inspiring view," she said, gazing out once again, drinking in the picture and imbedding it in her memory. "Imagine the stories I could write here," she mused, feeling ideas blossom in her head.

I made a birthday thread for Lisa in the Great Hall at the Ravenclaw Table.

Taylor looked up at Lisa. "You write?" This was one thing she loved about friends, there was a never ending supply of things to learn about them, there was no way she knew everything about any of her friends. Sometimes the news was good, sometimes it was bad but it was always new. "I never knew that."

(Will be there.)

Lisa shrugged; it wasn't a thing that she regularly told people about. "Oh, not that often, to be honest," she said, "Nothing special. It was something I always did with my aunt," she added; indeed, it had been Elaine that told her she had a flair for writing in the first place.

"It's cool, I never had the patience to sit down and spend time on one thing. I am way too fidgety." Taylor laughed, it was the truth, the only thing she could do for over an hour was Gymnastics or playing her drums and that was because it involved moving. "Anything else you enjoy doing?"

Lisa shrugged; she didn't have many hidden talents. "I sing sometimes," she said, "I was in my Muggle school's choir for a while." Until I got bullied for it, she thought to herself; she wasn't prepared to reveal that part of her life yet. It was still painful to recall, and Lisa doubted if it would ever stop hurting.

Taylor nodded, she wasn't sure about choir but she did love singing and music. "I love music, you should totally find somewhere to sing here, or start up a group." Taylor would join if she did, she always loved to show off her own musical talent though it wasn't as awesome as singing.

A smile flickered on Lisa's face as Taylor suggested that they should start a group. "No, it would take too much effort," she said, "And anyway, I heard that a Hufflepuff was starting up a Rock Group for First to Third Years."

Taylor nodded at it, she was already planning on going to audition for that. "You should come and audition with me." She completely forgot that she hadn't told Lisa that she could do anything near musical which would most likely confuse her as to why Taylor would audition.

Lisa shrugged. She hadn't really planned on auditioning for the group. "No, I'm fine," she said, "Rock isn't really my thing. I'm more of a classical-pop girl." She laughed. "I'll just be a groupie for you." She giggled and mimicked screaming and gasping.

Taylor laughed. "Woo, My very own groupie." She giggled as Lisa did the actions and at the thought of her being an actual groupie.

Lisa shrugged. "Well, what else could a band member's best friend be?" She giggled and thought for a moment. "I mean, I could be a vocal coach if you wanted me to," she added, smirking.

Taylor shook her head, in her eyes her voice was the worst in the world though it wasn't actually that bad. "That would involve letting you hear my voice, no-body will do that unless I am practicing and accidently start singing along when someone walks in." She grinned, half joking half serious,

Taylor nodded. She suddenly though of something. "Halloween! What are you going as?" Taylor had always loved any excuse to act like a child and Halloween was one of them.

Lisa smiled. She had it all planned out in her head. "I'm going as Tinkerbell!" She grinned in spite of herself; her costume was ready in her dorm, sitting in her trunk. "You could go as Peter Pan, if you want." She laughed.

Taylor laughed at her suggestion. "You'd make an awesome tinkerbell! I don't know what I'm being yet." Though she loved it so she could act like a child, Taylor wasn't actually bothered with the whole dressing up thing.

Lisa sat up straight; costume ideas were a no-brainer for her. "Hmm, you have Peter Pan," she said, holding up a finger, "A scary monster - an obvious option - a cartoon character, or maybe a creature, like a rabbit." She smiled; four options was a pretty wide variety.

Taylor nodded. "It would be funny if I was peter pan I suppose." Taylor nodded again and grinned. "Or, I could go as Wendy." She smiled, thinking whether it would work or not.

Lisa laughed, but then frowned. "But Tinkerbell is jealous of Wendy, isn't she?" Her memories of the Muggle movie were vague; she hadn't seen it since she was eight years old, at the Care Home. Elaine hadn't had a Muggle television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back