Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
10" Whippy Ebony Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jessy was ready to leave everything about her life in Scotland behind, including her old habits. After staying in one place for so long, it didn't feel right to Jessy to try and put roots down yet. She loved being back in Dunedin, but it felt like time to move on. She'd slowly made her way north to to Obsidian Harbour with everything she owned in one bag. However when she arrived, it dawned upon her that what she had probably made a pretty stupid decision. She didn't know anybody here, she didn't know where to go or where to stay. She had gotten pretty good at moving around, while traveling up the country- sleeping on buses, hitching rides with muggles occasionally, and stopping at tiny rural muggle bed and breakfast where she could keep to herself. Now that it was time to stop moving though, Jessy didn't know what to do with herself.

She wandered around aimlessly for a while, taking in her surroundings and peering in a few shop windows. She hadn't set foot in public in the magical community for a few years, and she wasn't surprised to see that most things among witches and wizards never change. She sighed, wondering if she had made the right decision in coming to Obsidian Harbour. Jessy threw her bag against the wall of a nearby shop, leaned against the wall and slid down to the ground, removing her hat and tucking her long hair behind her ears. Her stomach was rumbling, and she desperately needed to take a shower, but inside her head all she could think about was how much more comfortable she would feel in a muggle community.

Ernie loved his job at the owl shop but it was still hard work, feeding and taking care of all the owls as well as dealing with customers. So it was good that he loved it but it was also exhausted. About as exhausted as the woman he saw sit on the ground in front of the shop he was about to pass as he walked him. He took a few steps past her before stopping as Kirby, the one eyed horned owl that never seemed to leave his side, nibbled at his ear. “I know I don’t know her.” He said to the owl in a hushed voice. Kirby just shook out his feathers in response. “I don’t need to listen to you.” he grumbled and turned to walk back to her. Now that Ernie got a good look at her, he noticed that she had seen better days and immediately thought back to the first time he had met Waldo. He had also been hungry, a little dirty, and alone. “Something tells me you’re new in town.” he said, in his best attempt at a welcoming tone. He had trouble sounding sincere at times.

Jessy hadn't expected anyone would come up and talk to her out of the blue, but looking down at herself she realised she definitely was looking rather worse for wear and for anybody nearby it was probably hard to ignore her minor temper tantrum before she had sat herself against the wall. The man who spoke to her had an owl on his shoulder, and Jessy wondered when her own owl would finally track her down and join her, she had told Doc to journey at his own pace and take the time to be his own free bird. She hadn't wanted to restrict him and she trusted her beloved feathered friend to find her once she had settled.

Jessy squinted up at the man, sun in her eyes and laughed at his statement. "I guess I do look a little out of place, don't I?" She rummaged in her bag, desperately trying to find any snacks or candies she had forgotten about.

Last edited:
Ernie shook his head. “No that’s not it.” He said. “Let’s just say I can spot a wandering soul when I see one.” He explained. It was true that most people knew their way around and seeing someone with no direction was a little odd but it was more than that. There was something about the way she seemed so defeated that made him suspect she had been through a much larger journey then the one it took to get to New Zealand. “Besides, people are always coming and going around here, you look like you belong as much as anyone else.” He added with a wave of his hand. “So where did you come from?” Ernie asked, truly curious how she would answer. He wouldn’t pry but he was curious.

Jessy didn't find anything to eat in her bag, but she did find her coin purse and thought it was about time she found a hot meal, a shower and possibly a bed.

The man with the owl seemed friendly, and appeared to show genuine concern for Jessy's situation given how little he knew about her, and how much of a mess she was really in. She appreciated the concern, but she wasn't quite sure how to respond.

"Uh, I'm from here originally but this is the first time I've been back since I was what, twelve? I was in Scotland until about a month ago, and I hitched my way up here from Dunedin over the last week." Jessy paused, feeling a little self conscious about not being able to fly or apparate. She hoped the man wouldn't think too much about her hitch hiking from Dunedin, it wasn't exactly a traditional act among wizards and witches, in fact Jessy assumed it was barely done at all.

"I don't really know what I'm here for I just...." She looked around doubtfully "....I'm just here, I guess. I'm Jessy, by the way." She stood up, placing her backpack back over her shoulders. "And I really need to get something to eat, can you recommend anything around here?"

Last edited:
Ernie listened as she told him a little about herself, and he nodded along thoughtfully. “Wow Scotland. Never made it to Scotland, or maybe I did?" He said trying to think back to when he was traveling. Traveling made it sound more appealing then it was. But there wasn't really a good word to describe aimlessly wandering around the world, going where ever someone would let him sleep on their couch. "That part of my life is a bit of a blur I’ll admit.” he added and put his hands up in defense with a laugh.

“And I am Ernie.” he replied and held out his hand for her to shake. “Well if food is what you're after, there Florean’s that way.” he said and pointed over his shoulder, the way he had been walking earlier. “Best ice cream you’ve ever had! And that's a guarantee. But something tells me you probably need something more than ice cream. In that case there the Leaky Cauldron, over there.” he said pointing behind her, the way he had come. "They've got some great soups! I can show you the way if you'd like?"

Jessy laughed at the man's uncertainty of whether or not he had been to Scotland. "Nice to meet you, Ernie, and thanks for.. you know.... checking up on the random lost woman you found on the floor today. It's much appreciated." Jessy smiled as Ernie told her about Floreans and The Leaky Cauldron. "Thanks, I forgot there was a Leaky Cauldron here. Would you care to join me for a drink?" She gestured in the direction that Ernie had pointed out to her. "My treat, to say thanks for noticing me."

Last edited:
Ernie shuffled awkwardly as Jessy thanked him for checking in on her. “Don’t mention it.” he said dismissively with a wave of his hand. “I’m simply passing on the favor someone else gave me once.” he said. He knew he wasn’t changing her whole world the way Waldo had but, if he could be any kind of comfort to someone feeling lost he would do it gladly. “And lost woman or not, you never know when you’ll find a new friend and the middle of the street is as good a place as any!.” he said matter-of-factly. “And I would be glad to. Kirby doesn’t like it much, but he’ll get over it.” he said in a mock whisper and put his hand on the owls head to pretend to block his ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back