Setting myself some goals

Beaumont Karhunlappi

OOC First Name
Emma(pants)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Beau had been practising tricks on his skateboard outside his common room. He wasn't particularly good at grinding, but the banister on the stairway was just too tempting to ignore. Moving back to the far end of the fourth floor corridor, he pushed off and got up a bit of speed before jumping onto the edge of the banister. At first, he was impressed, and really stoked! Everything went smoothly until about half-way down the stairs, when he lost his balance and fell back onto the stairs. Fortunately, he didn't land terribly, and managed to roll himself up to avoid too much damage as he bumped down to the bottom. His skateboard flew down the banister and skidded across the floor,coming to a halt outside an impressive looking door.

It took Beau a few attempts to correctly read the sign: "Topping... Tropic, Trophy room." He walked over to retrieve his skateboard, and was about to turn and go back up the stairs to make another attempt on the banister when he spotted one of the sparkling trophies in the room. Tucking his skateboard under his arm, he went in and looked at the impressive cup. He glanced around and saw the room was full of plaques and awards. "Dude, these are awesome! I wonder how they got their names on them?" he spoke aloud to himself, not expecting any reply.

Kiera was sitting in the trophy room, alone. She had been hiding out, trying to get some practice on a few new spells. It was hard for Kiera to get anything done in the school. Everywhere she went, people seemed to know her or she would see some of her friends. Hogwarts New Zealand just had too many distractions. Kiera had chosen the trophy room today because she hoped it would inspire her. After all, she knew the people who had received those trophies and admired all of them. Kiera hoped that she might do something memorable this year to deserve for her name to be placed in this room on a plaque.

Kiera had her wand out in front of her, trying to learn the Patronus charm. It was something she had wanted since she saw James with his dog shaped patronus on the North Tower. So far, Kiera had only manage a few wisps of silvery mist. Kiera was suddenly distracted by a loud crash and then the door being opened. Kiera recognized the first year who wandered in, only he didn't seem to see her. Kiera smiled as he talked out loud. Just for the fun of it, Kiera decided to startle him. "They did something memorable of course." she stated naturally, a sly smile in the corners of her mouth.

Beau jumped, but tried hard to hide it an play it cool when he turned and saw Kiera, the pretty girl who had sold him his wand. "Hey, Kiera, I uh... saw you standing there and thought you could tell me.. is why I asked... is all." He was a terrible liar, but too excited about his first day and night at Hogwarts to worry. "You were right, I got Hufflepuff! And I met Alex, your boyfriend, he's cool, you should've seen what he did at the welcome party! He turned a girl's hair green and she freaked out! And he made fireworks! And he had a secret party just for the boys after the main party!" He stopped abruptly then, not sure he should have mentioned the after-party. In an attempt to change the subject, he asked "So do you get a trophy for being Head Girl? Are you on any of them yet? You think I can get on one?"

Kiera grinned as Beau was surprised by her presence. It was obvious to her that he was trying to play it off and she didn't want to embarrass him further. So she just nodded her head with a smile on her face. Kiera laughed as Beau began to talk and talk some more. It was one of the things Kiera liked about him. There was never a silent moment in his conversations. She smiled smugly as he told her she had been right and that he was in Hufflepuff. Kiera smiled fondly as Beau told her Alex was cool. "I certainly like him." she said, which was really an understatement. In truth, Kiera was in love with Alex.

Kiera's eyes widened and jaw dropped as Beau told her what all Alex had done. Kiera shook her head. "He turned a girl's hair green already? and fireworks? Is that all he did?" Kiera asked Beau, rolling her eyes. She couldn't stay upset with him though. "I thought we talked about him behaving this year since someone was dumb enough to make him head boy. Alex loves his pranks too much." she said laughing. She had seen Alex pull some big pranks last year, though none of them were harmful. Kiera shook her head sadly at Beau's next question. She pretended not to notice him talking about a secret party though it wouldn't surprise her if Alex mentioned it to her. "I don't think that I do." she said thoughtfully. "I don't have a trophy yet but I would like one." she said with a smile. Kiera nodded her head at his question. "I think that you might be able to if you work hard enough." she told him with a sly smile.

Beau blushed slightly at the Kiera's tone of voice when she said she liked Alex. It made him think of the way his brother Will was when he was with his girlfriend Rachel. Ugh! Soppy! He was surprised though, when Kiera managed to keep track of everything he'd said. He wasn't used to people answering all of his questions, it was just something he'd learnt to deal with growing up in a large family. He figured if she was going to answer him, he should probably slow down!

"Nah, I don't think that's all. He made a fake door, too, at least I think it was him, and this girl walked right into it!" he grinned. He'd cracked up when that had happened. "And he turned the CD player into a teapot that still played music!" Even the little things impressed Beau. "I'm glad he's Head Boy, whoever was choosing must have a good sense of humour."

"So what can you get trophies for? I got one at primary school for best all-round sportsman, but Mum says they don't play muggle sports here," he was a little disappointed about that. It was the one thing he could rely on being good at, and that didn't require reading skills or perfect behaviour.

Kiera laughed as Beau said Alex made a fake door. While as Head Girl, she should be disapproving, Kiera couldn't help but be impressed. "Really? He made a fake door? And transfigured a CD player?" she asked, before shaking her head. It had been a really bad idea to make him Head Boy. Now there was no one to watch out for the poor first years. "Yeah a sick sense of humor. He must have taken a liking to you if he didn't try to prank you." she said with a wide smile on her face. "Though he probably still will get you at some point. I know he enjoys annoying me." Kiera said rolling her eyes. She really didn't mind his antics. More often than not they amused her.

Kiera shrugged her shoulders at his next question. "To be honest, I'm not really sure. I think they just make them up as they go along." she said, really not knowing. Kiera laughed as he said he liked muggle sports. Ironic really. "You know you might be in luck. I am the leader of the muggle sports club. I created it during my first year though its never really as active as I would like." she admitted honestly.

Then a thought came to Kiera's mind. "Hey Beau, did you see a little red head in the common room? Most likely around Alex? She's about an inch taller than me with blue eyes." she asked.

Beau was pleased when Kiera said Alex must like him. He felt proud and puffed out his chest a little. "Well maybe we can make up trophies for us then," he paused as he read the label on the nearest trophy, "Best company, Halloween 2022." He frowned, best company? He read again and his cheeks burned up as he realised he'd gotten it wrong. "Aw, 'costume'. I guess I'm not getting any awards for reading." His foot scuffed the ground in his embarrassment, but he didn't dwell on it too long. "Really? You made a club for that? What do you play? Think we can get a cricket team started?"

At her last question, he thought for a moment. He hadn't seen any little red-heads. But there was a taller girl. One talking to Alex. "Is she a prefect? I think I saw her. She was talking to Alex and the Head of House mostly."

Kiera laughed at Beau. He reminded her of Alex in so many ways. "If you want to make up awards I'm okay with that." she said giving him a wink. Kiera grinned as Beau unleashed another flurry of questions. She remembered each one so she could answer them. "Yes really. I'm a gymnast in the muggle world though I don't teach that here at Hogwarts, most people don't care. I made the team up though because I missed playing football with my older brother. I was homeschooled because of the gymnastics training so I didn't have any friends other than my brother, his friends, and my sister." Kiera said with a shrug. It had never bothered her, after all, gymnastics was her sole focus. She was going to make it to the Olymics.

Kiera nodded her head. "Yes, she's a prefect. They just made her one this year. The red head I'm talking about my sister, Katheryn." she said to clarify what was going on. "She's a bit on the shy side and doesn't have many friends in Hufflepuff." she said, feeling a bit bad for her sister. "She a sweet girl though and pretty too." she said fondly.

Beau grinned, "I've never done gymnastics except what they make us do at school, but I can play most sports, and I skate everywhere," he indicated the board that had led him to this room. "By football do you mean soccer or rugby?" Then he realised she had an American accent and added, "Or grid iron? I play rugby mostly, and basketball and cricket. Sometimes we play soccer or grid iron at lunch time at school. I'd hate to be home-schooled, my brothers and sisters would drive me nuts! At least at school you can get a word in edgewise!" he laughed; he was always being told off for talking in class. He always blamed it on the fact that at home, everyone talked non-stop.

"That was your sister? I didn't talk to her. I think a lot of people in Hufflepuff are shy, but Alex talked to her a lot." He pretended to ignore the fact that she'd said he was pretty. He didn't usually notice that kind of thing, and it just made him painfully aware that he did think Kiera was pretty. "How about... you can get a trophy for selling the most wands in a 24-hour period, and doing magic at the same time as doing a back flip; and I'll have one for... making the most noise on the fourth floor corridor... (the librarian told me off for skating up there before)" he looked around sheepishly and moved over to another set of trophies. "Wow, these are all for the same guy... most house points earned, 2016, 2017, 2018.. all of them, 'most house pots, err, points ea...earned.' How do you get house points?"

Kiera smiled as he began to talk a mile a minute. Kiera listened intently as he spoke. She tried to answer as best as she could. "I have been doing gymnastics since I was three. Its been my dream to go to the Olympics. After I do that, I will probably end up playing professional Quidditch." Kiera said with a shrug. James had told her on several occasions that she should be a Professional player. Kiera put a stern look on her face. "You better not let me catch you skate boarding or I might have to confiscated the board." she said with a wink, losing her stern look. Kiera was confused as he asked her about football. She didn't know what most of those things were. Kiera had been raised for the most part in south Georgia as was evident from her thick southern accent. "Um...whichever one of those is American football." she said uncertainly. Kiera shook her head. "My family is really close. It was only my dad, sister and brother when I was growing up. Plus I was training everyday anyways." she said, ignoring the part where her mother now taught at the school.

Kiera nodded her head as he talked about her sister. "If it was a girl with long curly red hair, blue eyes, and a face similar to mine then yes. It was my sister. Alex was actually friends with her before he was with me." she said laughing. She appreciated Alex talking to her as it could be difficult for Kat to meet new people. Kiera broke out laughing as he named off awards that she and then he would get. She grinned at the younger boy. "I will have to suggest those to the Headmaster and Headmistress and see what they think." Kiera said, a smile plastered on her face. Kiera looked at the trophies Beau was talking about. Kiera's smile turned a bit sad. "Yes, that's Bruin. He was the Head Boy last year." she said. He had been one of her good friends and she was now sad to see him gone. "Basically you get house points for doing lessons and other good things. Professors can give them and take them as they please." she said.

Beau was impressed. "The Olympics? Wow, you must be good!" He stared in amazement for a second before asking a question he'd been wanting to ask for quite some time. "What's quidditch? I've heard people talk about it heaps, but I dunno what it is. I mean, I gather it's a sport, but what's it like? Here we go: 'Quidditch Cup 2023, Ravenclaw.' There's even a trophy for it. If you're going to play professional, maybe you can get that trophy." He grinned cheekily at her admonition about skateboarding; "Don't worry, you won't catch me. You'll look the other way while I get away." He realised it was probably a good thing being on good terms with both the Head Boy and Head Girl. If past experience was anything to go by, he wouldn't share a similar relationship with any of the teachers, or 'professors' as they seemed to be referred to here.

"Grid iron's American football. I thought you guys called it grid iron over there? I just think it's weird that you can throw the ball forward; it just makes it too easy," he explained. Rugby made a lot more sense to Beau, and besides, those Americans in all their padding looked like sissies. Real men didn't need to wrap themselves in cotton wool. "Yeah, it must have been your sister, what's her name again? I'll say hi next time I see her." Beau was always glad to make a new friend, even if it was a girl way older than him. He just loved talking to people.

Beau thought about the house points system. He didn't like the sound of professors taking away points as they saw fit. He wasn't likely to get many points from classes, but... after seeing all these trophies Beau felt an overwhelming longing to have his name on one. "What other good things can you get points for? And why do they take them away?" He laughed again, "maybe I'll just have to aim for a Halloween costume prize." Beau was really enjoying Hogwarts so far. Everyone he'd met had been nice and there was great food, he almost dreaded going to his first class, he didn't want to spoil the fun. But then, he'd be learning magic in class. That could hardly be boring, surely? In any case, he'd decided he wanted to be noticed here; he wanted people to know who he was and say 'that's Beaumont Karhunlappi, he's great.' He wanted to be a part of this room, and this school.

Kiera grinned as he looked at her, amazed. He obviously knew something about the sport or he wouldn't be looking at her like that. "I guess. I won all around in Nationals in July. I also won beam and floor in the single events." she said proudly. It had been quite an accomplishment for Kiera. Kiera smiled as Beaumont asked her what Quidditch was. Kiera remembered that she too had been confused her first year. "Well, its played on broomsticks in the air. The first ball is the Quaffle. There are three chasers from each team that pass it back in forth trying to score a goal in one of the three hoops. The Keeper from each team tries to keep that from happening. Then there are two bludgers, nasty balls that fly around trying to knock players off their brooms. The two beaters use bats to hit it away from their team and towards the other team. Finally, there is a seeker. They have to catch this tiny little gold ball that is almost impossible to see. When the snitch is caught, the game is over. Make sense? she asked wondering if she had just been rambling.

Kiera laughed as he said that she would just look the other way. "I can as long as you are doing anything too serious." she said with a wink. She didn't want to get him into trouble but she had to be careful if she wanted to keep her position. Kiera laughed again. "No we call it football. My brother liked to play it when he was younger. Now he doesn't have time. He is an unspeakable at the ministry." she said proudly. Kiera smiled as Beau said he would say hello to her sister. "Her name is Katheryn, though she goes by Kat. I call her Kitty but just to annoy her. She hates it." Kiera said grinning wickedly.

Kiera shook her head at his next question. "Just random things when you are doing something nice in the school. They only take points away as a punishment." she told him with a shrug. Kiera laughed as he mentioned Halloween. She thought of her previous conversation with Alex. "I wouldn't count on that. You will have to compete with Alex and me." she said with a mischievous smile.

Beau was super impressed. His little sister Joli did the occasional trampolining competition, but that was just South Island stuff and she never placed anywhere; Kiera beat everyone in America! "Wow, that's amazing! They should definitely give you a trophy for that!" He tried to follow Kiera's explanation of quidditch, but was so caught up with the idea of playing a sport on flying broomsticks that the rest was just background noise to his visions of playing polo without the horses. When he realised she'd finished asked if it made sense, he raised an eyebrow at her "uh, totally makes sense. I think I'll stick to rugby." He grinned, and couldn't wait to watch a game of quidditch.

Beau was glad when Kiera winked at his joke about her looking the other way. He didn't want to get in trouble himself, but he figured there were probably repercussions for her if she let kids break the rules all the time. He decided to be more careful with his skating in the future.

When she mentioned her brother's job, Beau was confused. His class had done a social studies project on India the previous term, and had learnt about the caste system. When Kiera said the word 'unspeakable,' he associated it with the lowest caste, the 'untouchables,' who were considered less important than dogs in India. But Kiera seemed proud of it, so he felt the need to ask. "What's an unspeakable-at-the-ministry?" He didn't know what 'the ministry' was either. The only thing he could think of was 'minister to one's wounds,' so assumed it was something to do with a hospital. He was only eleven, after all, and had never paid any attention to politics.

Beau made an effort to remember the name Katheryn for next time he saw Kiera's sister, but didn't trust himself to remember it for certain. He liked Kiera's wicked grin when she said she called her sister Kitty. His older brothers and sister loved to call Joli "Jolie-Pitt," after some actors from the old days, older even than their parents. Joli hated it of course, and Beau always stood up for her when they used it (especially when they changed it to 'Joli armpit'), which naturally just made them say it more often. He also filed away the information about house points, and his curiosity was piqued by her comment about her and Alex's Halloween costumes. "Why, what are you going as? I bet I can think of something better!" His mind was working already, calculating how long he had until Halloween to come up with something, and what he had available to him to make a costume. Usually his dad helped him and his siblings with costumes. The previous year, he'd been a lion, Joli had been a witch, and Tess had been a wardrobe. Their Dad had made all the costumes from scratch and read them the old Narnia books.

Kiera grinned as Beau told her she should get a trophy for that. She liked that he seemed to make a big deal out of it. Most of the people in her life were annoyed by her gymnastics, afraid she was going to get hurt again. Alex had once even tried to make her promise not to do it around him anymore. She had ignored him naturally. Kiera laughed. "Thanks! They gave me medals for it." she said, slightly proud of herself.

Kiera saw the look on Beau's face when she mentioned her brother's job. He didn't seem too impressed by it and something of distaste shaped his facial expressions. She understood as he asked what she was talking about. Kiera often forgot that it wasn't common knowledge. She had been just as lost her first year. "An Unspeakable is sort of like a secret agent. Like a CIA agent in the States." she said trying to explain it properly. "I don't know what he does exactly. Its all classified." she said with a shrug of her shoulders. "The ministry is just like the Wizarding government." Kiera said, explaining the only way she knew how to.

Kiera laughed as she could tell how curious Beau was about her Halloween costume. She shook her head, still laughing. "You aren't getting that out of me! Its top secret!" she said pretending to lock her mouth with a key and then throw it away. Then she stuck her tongue out at him, something that had become a habit she picked up from Alex.

Beau wasn't sure unspeakable was a particularly good name for a cool job like a secret agent, but he was impressed with the fact that he practically knew someone (well, knew his sister anyway) who was one. "Cool! SAS! That's what we call it in New Zealand. I didn't know there was a whole different government for magic. Is there one for each country or just one for the whole world? How many witches and wizards are there anyway? How many different schools? H-" Beau made himself stop there before he got too carried away. "Aw, sorry about all the questions, this magic stuff is just so cool. It's amazing how it happens right under everyone's noses, and most people don't even have a clue. Even me, and my mum knew about it the whole time. Did you know before you came here?"

Beau paused to think there, and his mind finally came back to the Halloween costumes. He narrowed his eyes at Kiera "A secret aye? I'll figure it out, and my costume will be waaay better." He grinned cheekily, then sighed. "It'd be cool to have one of these plaques with my name on it. Did you think you were gonna be Head Girl when you started here?"

Kiera couldn't help but grin as she was swamped with another set of questions. She tried her best to catch them all so she could answer. Kiera laughed as Beau apologized. "Its alright I don't mind them." she said, her eyes sparkling. As far as I know, there is a ministry of magic in each country but I don't know if they are all connected or not. To be honest, I have no clue how many witches and wizards there are. Probably a good sized amount though. I believe there are around ten schools are so but I'm not positive." Kiera answered as best as she could.

Kiera paused as he asked her if she knew about magic before she came. It was a long drawn out story that she didn't know if she should tell Beau. She looked at him seriously. "If I tell you my story about how I found out about magic, you have to keep it to yourself. Not too many people know the whole thing and I would like to keep it that way. It gets a little complicated." she said with a smile. She didn't mind telling Beau she just didn't want the whole school to know.

Kiera laughed as Beau told her his costume was going to be way better. "That's not even possible." she assured him. Kiera shook her head at his last question. "No, never. I mean I guess I wanted to be Head Girl but to be honest, I was shocked when I got my letter. I didn't think they would chose me." Kiera laughed again as she remembered the day. "You should have seen Alex when they told him that he would be Head Boy. His face was priceless." she said grinning. Kiera was lucky that they had been staying together or she might have missed it.

Beau really liked the fact that Kiera took the time to answer all his questions. Not many people did. When she mentioned a complicated story, though, he couldn't help but be drawn in. "Aw, well, you don't have to tell me if you don't want, but if you do, I promise I won't tell," he said solemnly. Then his eyes sparkled and he added, "You know me, quiet as a mouse!" He couldn't help joking, but he did want to know. "Seriously though, I can keep a secret. I have two brothers and three sisters; there are plenty of things I know about them that mum and dad will never find out!"

When she explained about her own and Alex's reactions to getting Head Boy and Girl, he was a bit mystified at Alex's. "You mean he didn't want to be Head Boy? Why not?"

Kiera listened to his promised and figured that he was good for it. She sighed. "When I came to Hogwarts, I was under the impression my mother had died. I didn't know she had been a witch. I thought she had died in a car crash when I was very young. My muggle dad raised me and my brother and sister. My brother is the oldest so that's when I found out about magic. I knew pretty much nothing when I came to Hogwarts." Kiera said, though she wasn't finished with her story.

"Later on, I happened to mention my mother's maiden name to Bellatrix Green. Bella informed me that Jacqueline very much alive. She was a death eater. Bella arranged a meeting. It turns out my father was just a rebellious stage in her life. She had fabricated the car crash evidence in order to flee back to her pureblood family." Kiera said shaking her head. She was still upset that her mother had abandoned their family. It wasn't something she could get over easily.

"Anyways, she got married this past summer to an Auror. He's a seer and can supposedly see the future. He says she changed." Kiera said rolling her eyes. "She is the transfiguration professor here and the Slytherin Head of House." Kiera said rolling her eyes again.

Kiera smiled as the topic turned back to Alex. She welcomed the distraction from her mother. Kiera shook her head and laughed. "Not in the least bit. Alex enjoys his pranks too much. He almost always has detention for something." she said grinning. Kiera loved that part of Alex just as much as the rest of him. "He is smart though and pretty great. He could do an excellent job if he wanted to but that's all up to him." she said, still smiling.

Beau listened seriously to Kiera tell the story of her upbringing and her mother. He could tell she was upset by it. He didn't know what a Death Eater or an Auror was, although he figured from her explanation that an auror must be someone who can see the future. For once, he thought before speaking and decided not to pelt her with those questions just now. He could find out later. "Wow, I'm sorry. You don't think she's changed?" he asked somberly.

"Yeah, I think he already has a detention from the party yesterday. The girl with green hair had to go to the hospital. She knocked herself out running into the fake door. I like him though. He reminds me of my brothers." Beau thought for a minute, and decided to tell Kiera all he knew about his family.

"I think my mum told you she's a squib. She told me years ago, the first time I did magic by accident, but I only just figured out what it means. She was from a pure-blood family in Peru, but when they found out she was a squib, my great grandfather disowned her. Her parents and sisters were all magic, but they came to New Zealand with her to get away from the family, even though it meant they didn't know anyone; they couldn't even speak English. My grandma taught my aunts magic, but I had no idea really until my Hogwarts letter arrived. I'm the fourth kid and I think I'm the only one who's magic. Do all pure-bloods hate muggles and squibs and stuff?"

Kiera smiled at his apology. "Really its okay. I got used to it a long time ago." she said. Kiera heard his question and sighed. She shook her head. "I honestly don't know. I guess only time will tell." she said with a shrug. "You will be seeing her in class. You can see what you think about it." Kiera told him.

Kiera's eyes widened in shock as Beau told her what Alex did to some poor first year girl. That did not sound like Alex. He never hurt anyone. Kiera frowned. "Alex..sent a...girl...to the hospital wing?" she asked, trying to make sense of it all. He had only been in school one day and already he had dentition. Kiera grinned though when Beau said he liked Alex. " I rather like him myself.You know I thought you two would get along. That's why I told you I thought you might be in Hufflepuff." she said with a laugh at how right she had been.

Kiera listened with curiosity as Beau explained his family situations. His mother had in fact told her that she was a squid but she did not know that his mother was a pureblood. That certainly made things more interesting. He certainly had a lot of siblings as well. Kiera heard his question and it was a difficult one for her to answer. She sighed. "No Beau, not all purebloods hate muggles and squibs. Some are of a nice sort but there are a good many Purebloods that do not like muggles or squibs in the least bit." she told him, her voice filled with sadness.

"She's the transformer teacher, yeah? Or transforgery or whatever. I'll keep my eye on her for you," he joked. "What's that subject about anyway?" His mother had suggested he read his textbooks on the train, so he wouldn't be behind when he started classes, but they both knew that was never going to happen. Besides, Beau certainly wasn't afraid of asking questions when he didn't know something.

He thought Kiera over-reacted a little to the news of the green-haired screecher ending up in the hospital wing. He was quick to jump in with "it really wasn't his fault. He just turned her hair green and she totally over-reacted. She was screaming and running around, she kicked him in the shin, too! Real hard, it looked like. Then she ran for the door, only she didn't see the other girl run into it before that cos she was so busy screaming, and it all would've been okay if she'd just chilled out a little. Really, Alex was just having some fun. The fireworks were awesome!"

"That sucks," was all Beau could really think of to say about pure-bloods with prejudices. He himself had never come across any kind of discrimination, so didn't know what it was like, but he knew of course, that that kind of thing was wrong, and couldn't understand why people would think like that. Beau liked everyone, and so far in his life, everyone he'd met had liked Beau.

Kiera grinned as Beau said he would keep an eye on Jacqueline. He asked what that subject did. "Its transfiguration." she said correcting his previous speech. "Basically its the class where you learn to turn objects into another object or conjure things out of thin air. Its an interesting subject but it has lots of magic laws around it too." she said hoping she did a decent explanation.

Kiera smiled as Beau quickly defended Alex. She was a bit shocked to hear than the girl actually kicked Alex. Kiera frowned, not liking that piece of information at all. She hoped it wasn't the leg he broke in his car accident even though she knew it was completely healed by now. "The girl kicked him?" she asked clarifying. "What was her name?" Kiera asked, already not liking the girl. Kiera smiled at Beau. "I know Alex was just having fun. He always has fun." she said shaking her head.

Kiera nodded her head at his comment about the prejudice between purebloods and other blood types. "Yeah, it really does." she said.

Beau listened with excitement as Kiera explained transfiguration. "Woah, that sounds awesome! I can't wait to start that!" Then he answered her question: "I dunno what her name was. She was too busy being hysterical to introduce herself," he shook his head in wonder at how some girls could be so weird. "I wonder if she'll mind me calling her the green-haired screecher?" he was only half-joking, and actually intended to try out that name the next time he saw her. Surely after a day or so to get over her concussion, she'd be able to see the funny side of it all.

Kiera laughed. "I suppose it is pretty cool." she admitted reluctantly. Kiera didn't want to like anything that her mother liked but that was really a lost cause when it came to transfiguration. Kiera laughed as Beau asked if there would be a problem with him calling the girl his own 'nickname.' Kiera shook her head. "I doubt she would enjoy that name. I suppose I should probably ask Alex about that." she mused. Beau amused Kiera more than he could ever realize.

Beau immediately felt guilty for showing an interest in the subject Kiera's mother taught, as it was obvious she didn't feel comfortable talking about her mother at all. He quickly changed the topic of conversation. "Hey, what do I have to do to join the muggle sports club? Do you think we can talk the teachers into letting us build a skate park here at Hogwarts?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back